Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Minute Drill
I say run the two minute drill every second or third possession for the entire game. It would take a well conditioned defense but it would put up the numbers offensively needed to win. Not many teams know how to face a team with an up tempo offense like that.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 09:51 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: I say run the two minute drill every second or third possession for the entire game.  It would take a well conditioned defense but it would put up the numbers offensively needed to win.  Not many teams know how to face a team with an up tempo offense like that.

The reason 2 minute offenses work at the end of the game is generally because the defense plays really soft coverage.

I'm cool with playing up-tempo...but it might mean we end up punting after a 45 second possession. That's the risk. But, at this point...why now?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 09:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The reason 2 minute offenses work at the end of the game is generally because the defense plays really soft coverage.

I'm cool with playing up-tempo...but it might mean we end up punting after a 45 second possession. That's the risk. But, at this point...why now?

Yes.....it's a softening of the defense, BUT that is the purpose behind what I say.  Hit them with the two, and get a score.....run your regular stuff the next possession or two and then hit them again with the two minute offense.  Make the two minute offense a regular part of the game.........meaning get the ball downfield every possession and not sideline to sideline. Cincys offense is too easy to defend because it's easy to predict. Make it unpredictable.......
Reply/Quote
That’s what Sam Wyche did thirty years ago. The Bengals ran a two minute offense most of the game especially in 1988-89. It took insane conditioning but the players did it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote