Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which QB do you think Zac would draft?
(10-09-2019, 01:59 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is true.  Why the Bengals do not run two TE sets drive me crazy.

I would like for us to run more TE sets if the young WR's are not getting it done.

I like our young WR's but I think having some two TE sets would help the run game more and it would be less predictable.

Even if Eifert is slower than he used to be he still can catch the ball and he runs good routes. Uzi is decent and I like Sample.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 08:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Are there any QB's that are injured and/or highly overrated?

I did initially chuckle, but stop it...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 02:04 PM)jason Wrote: I did initially chuckle, but stop it...

That's the exact response I was looking for...in that order.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was this more on Dalton not targeting the TE's, the TE's not being able to get open or Taylor is my question?

From what I have heard Taylor calls out a bunch of plays and Dalton chooses the one he likes.

If so, probably more on Dalton or the TE's not being able to get open. Eifert just seems much slower then he used to be.

Cannot blame him after all his injury history and cannot blame him for not catching that TD that Dalton threw behind him either.

36 minutes in and it's coaching/gameplanning.

League's worst TE defense and here are the snap counts...
Uzomah 64%
Eifert 27%

Over 1/3rd of the time, Uzomah wasn't even on the field, and almost 3/4ths of the time Eifert wasn't either. That's like playing the worst defense against WRs and then deciding to run a 1 WR/1 TE/6 OL/1 FB/1 RB offense.

Bengals are the worst at using their resources wisely. Gave Uzomah a 3yr/$18.3m deal that made him the 16th highest paid TE and now he's on pace for 19 catches this year as a TE1. Gave Gio an extension to make him the 13th highest paid RB and he's on pace to touch the ball less than 100 times.

That's not even touching Bobby Hart, Preston Brown, or any other waste of resources.

Poorly run, terribly coached.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 03:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Too easy.

Zac knows that Jake Fromm will have all the national recognition due to his impending massive State Farm sponsorship deal. So he'll be primed to be a nationally known NFL superstar.

Jake Fromm State Farm

I don't care where Jake Fromm goes, but if he's not a State Farm spokesman after entering the NFL, it'll be HUGE miscarriage of justice. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 02:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't care where Jake Fromm goes, but if he's not a State Farm spokesman after entering the NFL, it'll be HUGE miscarriage of justice. LOL

Right?

We need Jim Harbaugh to come back to the NFL and draft this kid. Jake Fromm State Farm and Jim Harbaugh's (pleated) khakis... that's gold Phil, GOLD.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not sure why he's not included in this discussion, but Jalen Hurts should be considered one of the best.

He came Bama and produced in their system, went to Oklahoma where last year we lost 4 starters on the OL (our center is rated as 2nd best in the nation this year). and is producing at a very high level, behind this new OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 02:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 36 minutes in and it's coaching/gameplanning.

League's worst TE defense and here are the snap counts...
Uzomah 64%
Eifert 27%

Over 1/3rd of the time, Uzomah wasn't even on the field, and almost 3/4ths of the time Eifert wasn't either. That's like playing the worst defense against WRs and then deciding to run a 1 WR/1 TE/6 OL/1 FB/1 RB offense.

Bengals are the worst at using their resources wisely. Gave Uzomah a 3yr/$18.3m deal that made him the 16th highest paid TE and now he's on pace for 19 catches this year as a TE1. Gave Gio an extension to make him the 13th highest paid RB and he's on pace to touch the ball less than 100 times.  

That's not even touching Bobby Hart, Preston Brown, or any other waste of resources.

Poorly run, terribly coached.

Damn, was hoping this shit would change with new coaches. Whatever 

(10-09-2019, 03:52 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not sure why he's not included in this discussion, but Jalen Hurts should be considered one of the best.

He came Bama and produced in their system, went to Oklahoma where last year we lost 4 starters on the OL (our center is rated as 2nd best in the nation this year). and is producing at a very high level, behind this new OL.

Yeah, Hurts looks good. The QB for OSU actually impressed me when i watched him and i am not a Buckeye fan.

Nice throwing motion.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 12:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, it is the whole back 7 out there that looks confused all the time. They need to learn to communicate better.

Not like players like WJ3 and Bates are not talented, if they play up to their talent level they can be tops but it doesn't matter
if there is bad communication. Completely agree we beat all 3 of those teams if we played better coverage and stop the break 
downs on Defense.

Exactly.  These guys have the talent.  They even have experience and they have the experience of playing together.  Sure there may be miscommunications from time to time.  However this is multiple times in every game.

This is why I am calling out Jones and Livingston specifically. Jones has 4 years experience and this is his 2nd year as a Bengals coach.  Livingston has 5 years as a coach and all those years are with the Bengals, 4 years as a secondary coach and this is his 2nd year as the Safeties coach.

Last year our defense was horrid.  This year has bright spots, but is still horrid.  ZT and Lou wasn't here last year, these 2 were.  Bates is specifically a Livingston pick, so if anyone knows his strengths and weakness it should be Livingston.  The players are not the only ones that need to communicate.  The HC needs to talk with the DC, the DC needs to make sure the position coaches know the game plan and the position coaches need to talk to each other to hammer out all the details and then coach the players.  The players should have a familiarity with one another and never not know their assignments.

On offense at least we have the excuse of new WRs and a lack of familiarity.  Dalton hasn't played with Tate, Willis ® and Morgan ® as much as he has with Green, Boyd and Erickson.  With Green out of the line up- we expect a 7th rounder and 2 UDFAs to pick up the slack?  That is a tall order for any offense.  The Patriots can do it, but they are an exception rather than the rule.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:14 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Exactly.  These guys have the talent.  They even have experience and they have the experience of playing together.  Sure there may be miscommunications from time to time.  However this is multiple times in every game.

This is why I am calling out Jones and Livingston specifically. Jones has 4 years experience and this is his 2nd year as a Bengals coach.  Livingston has 5 years as a coach and all those years are with the Bengals, 4 years as a secondary coach and this is his 2nd year as the Safeties coach.

Last year our defense was horrid.  This year has bright spots, but is still horrid.  ZT and Lou wasn't here last year, these 2 were.  Bates is specifically a Livingston pick, so if anyone knows his strengths and weakness it should be Livingston.  The players are not the only ones that need to communicate.  The HC needs to talk with the DC, the DC needs to make sure the position coaches know the game plan and the position coaches need to talk to each other to hammer out all the details and then coach the players.  The players should have a familiarity with one another and never not know their assignments.

On offense at least we have the excuse of new WRs and a lack of familiarity.  Dalton hasn't played with Tate, Willis ® and Morgan ® as much as he has with Green, Boyd and Erickson.  With Green out of the line up- we expect a 7th rounder and 2 UDFAs to pick up the slack?  That is a tall order for any offense.  The Patriots can do it, but they are an exception rather than the rule.

Great post, very true on Jones and Livingston, they should know these guys and with their experience this shouldn't be happening.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 03:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Right?

We need Jim Harbaugh to come back to the NFL and draft this kid. Jake Fromm State Farm and Jim Harbaugh's (pleated) khakis... that's gold Phil, GOLD.

They need to re-do the commercial with Jake Fromm playing Jake from State Farm, Jim Harbaugh playing the husband and Fran Drescher as the wife.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:37 PM)PhilHos Wrote: They need to re-do the commercial with Jake Fromm playing Jake from State Farm, Jim Harbaugh playing the husband and Fran Drescher as the wife.  ThumbsUp

Love Fran Drescher, sexy sexy....
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 05:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: Assuming we have a really high first rounder (which sure looks likely), which first round QB do you think Zac Taylor would take it he takes one? Note I am not saying which one would I take, but which one do I think Zac would take?

Realistically there are three upper first round grade QBs as of now:

- Tua Tagovailoa

- Jake Fromm

- Justin Herbert

I have a weird feeling that Zac would pass on Tua and go Justin Herbert. The reasoning is that Herbert seems like Jared Goff with better ability to actually read defenses (from the scouting reports). Tua is definitely quality but may need to have an offense designed around his play style.

I don't think a QB will resolve the OL or LB woes that are plaguing the Bengals this year. I rather the team back out of the top 10 and get extra picks and than take best available player. I would keep Dalton on his current contract for another year and maybe one of the other two QBs on the team make enough progress between now and training camp next July to supplant Dalton. 

They used one of the 53 roster spots for the 3rd QB. Taylor must like the player enough to do that and I can see that QB stepping up and maybe become the next QB for the Bengals. 

This is the Bengals so anything is possible. They could go with a QB early in the draft but IMO it won't matter who the team picks as a QB if you can't protect them. The game has always been won in the trenches and the Bengals simply don't have the players on the OL to win that battle on a regular basis.  
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love Fran Drescher, sexy sexy....

And that's just her voice ...  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn, was hoping this shit would change with new coaches. Whatever 

Yeah, Hurts looks good. The QB for OSU actually impressed me when i watched him and i am not a Buckeye fan.

Nice throwing motion.

Do yourself a favor, watch the OU-Texas Red River Rivalry this weekend.
Hurts has very good pocket awareness and the mobility to move around. He has also had 5 OC's in his career.
You might think he runs on Pass plays, but Riley has plays designed where he stacks one side of the field and leaves the other open for Jalen to run.
While Baker was vocal, Jalen is a Vulcan. Murray was master of the slide, Jalen wants those few extra yards.
While he could get hurt getting those few extra yards, he's at least got a body that can handle it unlike Murray.
All 3 are perfectionists.  I personally would not be shocked to see Hurts win the Heisman.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 07:33 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Take Mahomes, many on here love the guy.  Sure the kid has some highlights and a lot of things go his way.  However, the Colts game proved what I have been saying about him, which is that he is not a pocket passer and will struggle if you keep him in the pocket. 

On 148 drop backs this year, with no pressure, he has a rating of 121.2. He has only scrambled 5 times in those situations. 71% completions, 74.3 adusted completion percentage, 9.9 yards per attempt, 8 touchdowns, zero interceptions and zero sacks. 

I'd say your analysis is off. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 05:55 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Do yourself a favor, watch the OU-Texas Red River Rivalry this weekend.
Hurts has very good pocket awareness and the mobility to move around. He has also had 5 OC's in his career.
You might think he runs on Pass plays, but Riley has plays designed where he stacks one side of the field and leaves the other open for Jalen to run.
While Baker was vocal, Jalen is a Vulcan. Murray was master of the slide, Jalen wants those few extra yards.
While he could get hurt getting those few extra yards, he's at least got a body that can handle it unlike Murray.
All 3 are perfectionists.  I personally would not be shocked to see Hurts win the Heisman.

I will be watching, sure looked good last Saturday.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love Fran Drescher, sexy sexy....

[Image: intro-1553701785.jpg]

Did not....age well...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 06:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: On 148 drop backs this year, with no pressure, he has a rating of 121.2. He has only scrambled 5 times in those situations. 71% completions, 74.3 adusted completion percentage, 9.9 yards per attempt, 8 touchdowns, zero interceptions and zero sacks. 

I'd say your analysis is off. 

I think you might want to look at your post again, tell me what you think is wrong with your reasoning. 

Maybe my analysis isn't as off as you think it is.  I get it you love Mahomes, but with no pressure and 0 sacks.... he is still scrambling?  Why?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 05:55 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Do yourself a favor, watch the OU-Texas Red River Rivalry this weekend.

Hurts is in my top 4 behind Burrow, Tua, Eason...I just do not like Herbert.  I do not like his happy feet in the pocket and I do not like his presentation.  I do not know what it is.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote