Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which QB do you think Zac would draft?
I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a QB this year considering we will most likely have a shot at Tua or Joey B, but I can't help to wonder if the best thing would be to trade as many guys as we can and rebuild our offensive line this draft. The worst possible thing we can do is put a rookie QB behind this line or we end up the browns for the next 20 years. draft another QB in later rounds and maybe pick up Fitzpatrick as a veteran stopgap that can school the guys. I would trade kirkpatrick, atkins, and green for as much as we can get for them to get young quick.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 10:21 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: A highlight reel.... seriously a highlight reel.

From what has been said to you by myself and at least 1 other fan, it sounds like you are the rag doll.

I said he wasn't a good pocket passer and he isn't.  The Colts showed that.  If he was a good pocket passer, then the Chiefs would have won with him throwing very accurate passes.  He didn't.  Truth hurts.

1 game. lol

You're dismissed.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 11:56 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 1 game. lol

You're dismissed.

Ever go back and look at their losses? 

You are basic.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 12:13 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Ever go back and look at their losses? 

You are basic.

Every team loses. His positives far far outweigh his negatives. 

Under pressure, he's still a top 4 QB this year. He wasn't as productive there last year, but it was his first year starting. He's improved in that area this year.

He offers way too much, and he's produced way too much to really make any kind of big deal about where he needs to improve. I'd bet money that Andy Reid has that under control. 

Now, before you reply, take a second and try to do so without interjecting anything unnecessary.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 12:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Every team loses. His positives far far outweigh his negatives. 

Under pressure, he's still a top 4 QB this year. He wasn't as productive there last year, but it was his first year starting. He's improved in that area this year.

He offers way too much, and he's produced way too much to really make any kind of big deal about where he needs to improve. I'd bet money that Andy Reid has that under control. 

Now, before you reply, take a second and try to do so without interjecting anything unnecessary.

That hasn't stopped you. A highlight video... then stats when he has 0 pressure... I mean seriously, c'mon man!

His positives are only positives because of his scrambling ability.  You take that away and he is not as effective.  PERIOD.  There is nothing more to say about that.

His success is solely on Reid.  He has hit some tight throws, but MOST of his success is due to the WRs and TEs getting wide open.  When he is forced to stay in the pocket, and the defenders stay in position (think NE) he doesn't hit nearly as much as when he has his scrambling to fall back on.  He is nothing new.  Vick did the same things when he was younger.  What happened to Vick after a few years piled on?  He lost his effectiveness.  Same with Cam.  Carolina fans are actually starting to say they hope Cam stays out this season, since he isn't as "electrifying" as he USED to be.

I am happy for Chiefs fans.  They have the new Cam, hopefully they get the SB win like Wilson did, before the shine starts to dull.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 12:41 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: That hasn't stopped you. A highlight video... then stats when he has 0 pressure... I mean seriously, c'mon man!

His positives are only positives because of his scrambling ability.  You take that away and he is not as effective.  PERIOD.  There is nothing more to say about that.

His success is solely on Reid.  He has hit some tight throws, but MOST of his success is due to the WRs and TEs getting wide open.  When he is forced to stay in the pocket, and the defenders stay in position (think NE) he doesn't hit nearly as much as when he has his scrambling to fall back on.  He is nothing new.  Vick did the same things when he was younger.  What happened to Vick after a few years piled on?  He lost his effectiveness.  Same with Cam.  Carolina fans are actually starting to say they hope Cam stays out this season, since he isn't as "electrifying" as he USED to be.

I am happy for Chiefs fans.  They have the new Cam, hopefully they get the SB win like Wilson did, before the shine starts to dull.

Ok, so you can't.

We will just end this by saying, in a couple years we can revisit (or just remember) what you said and how wrong you were.

Good bye

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 01:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok, so you can't.

We will just end this by saying, in a couple years we can revisit (or just remember) what you said and how wrong you were.

Good bye

I am sure we will come back to this.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 05:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: Assuming we have a really high first rounder (which sure looks likely), which first round QB do you think Zac Taylor would take it he takes one? Note I am not saying which one would I take, but which one do I think Zac would take?

Realistically there are three upper first round grade QBs as of now:

- Tua Tagovailoa

- Jake Fromm

- Justin Herbert

I have a weird feeling that Zac would pass on Tua and go Justin Herbert. The reasoning is that Herbert seems like Jared Goff with better ability to actually read defenses (from the scouting reports). Tua is definitely quality but may need to have an offense designed around his play style.

It's hard to say since Taylor has never been responsible for picking a QB (Goff was a Ram before Taylor got there), but I think it would be Tua or Joe Burrow (if Burrow ultimately projects to be at the top of the QBs by the draft). He will want a proven QB with accuracy and has enough arm to hit every throw. He might prefer Burrow over Tua due to height.

Herbert seems more like a Mike Brown pick. Ideal measurables, some potential uncertainty/worry with accuracy and going through progressions but has elite traits. I could see Taylor supporting this too given there are 3 QB "gurus" in the building to refine some of his weaknesses.

Fromm seems like a Jay Gruden or Marvin Lewis guy. A very safe guy who can dink and dunk. I don't think Taylor goes this route.

I'm nervous about Burrow, as he hasn't 2+ seasons of elite production, but he's really impressing this year. Herbert struggled with accuracy last year but is looking better this year...which is reality?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 11:35 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I think we need to give Finley a look. The first video pretty much says he was the most underrated QB last year and explains why. Many reaspons but a big one is his pocket presence and awareness. The second video are highlights of preseason week 2, which makes the guy who made the first video look like he knows what hes talking about. I know its just preseason but its still better competition than he faced at NCST and he looked great

We should give this dude a chance.

I think so too, at least we would know what we have in him.

Pocket presence is Dalton's biggest weakness and it is killing us right now.

Finley has it.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 03:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think so too, at least we would know what we have in him.

Pocket presence is Dalton's biggest weakness and it is killing us right now.

Finley has it.
Reply/Quote
Please allow Finley to practice with the ones next week and have him start against the Jags. Then all of us can see an idea if he can play.I like the guy,but I want to see him down in the trenches and in the fire,throwing real bullets back at the enemy and connecting when it counts. :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 04:05 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Please allow Finley to practice with the ones next week and have him start against the Jags. Then all of us can see an idea if he can play.I like the guy,but I want to see him down in the trenches and in the fire,throwing real bullets back at the enemy and connecting when it counts. :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:

I am for it if we get blown out by the Ratbirds...
Reply/Quote
I sure hope they don't take Tua. I have watched him 3 times this year and he locks into his receivers and doesn't look off safeties. Bama receivers are just open by 5 yards. Reads are late and not a lot of touch on the ball.
Reply/Quote
Fromm had a rough day...

Reply/Quote
Finding a more mobile quarterback won’t fix a bad run game.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 06:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Fromm had a rough day...

I've never really liked Fromm from the start. He just seems too...Dalton 2.0 to me. 

So of course the Bengals will end up with him.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 06:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Finding a more mobile quarterback won’t fix a bad run game.

That's what free agency and the draft is for. Linemen that can block. 

You can get a new QB and address the line at the same time. 

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 06:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's what free agency and the draft is for. Linemen that can block. 

You can get a new QB and address the line at the same time. 

That might work in any NFL city besides Cincinnati. Mike Brown avoids free agency like the plague. I would think he would like free agency since the word “free” is involved.
Reply/Quote
We took a blocking TE...are there any Pass-Catching QB's out there?

Maybe a guy like Tate Martell that got switched from QB to WR with the 1st pick in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 09:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We took a blocking TE...are there any Pass-Catching QB's out there?

Maybe a guy like Tate Martell that got switched from QB to WR with the 1st pick in the draft.

The Bengals already have one of those. Did you forget Sanu to Dalton?

Reply/Quote