Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which QB do you think Zac would draft?
Assuming we have a really high first rounder (which sure looks likely), which first round QB do you think Zac Taylor would take it he takes one? Note I am not saying which one would I take, but which one do I think Zac would take?

Realistically there are three upper first round grade QBs as of now:

- Tua Tagovailoa

- Jake Fromm

- Justin Herbert

I have a weird feeling that Zac would pass on Tua and go Justin Herbert. The reasoning is that Herbert seems like Jared Goff with better ability to actually read defenses (from the scouting reports). Tua is definitely quality but may need to have an offense designed around his play style.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 05:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: Assuming we have a really high first rounder (which sure looks likely), which first round QB do you think Zac Taylor would take it he takes one? Note I am not saying which one would I take, but which one do I think Zac would take?

- Tua Tagovailoa

- Jake Fromm

- Justin Herbert

I have a weird feeling that Zac would pass on Tua and go Justin Herbert. The reasoning is that Herbert seems like Jared Goff with better ability to actually read defenses (from the scouting reports). Tua is definitely quality but may need to have an offense designed around his play style.
watched some Herbert highlights the other day..he is very impressive..with a very good arm
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 05:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: Assuming we have a really high first rounder (which sure looks likely), which first round QB do you think Zac Taylor would take it he takes one? Note I am not saying which one would I take, but which one do I think Zac would take?

- Tua Tagovailoa

- Jake Fromm

- Justin Herbert

None of the above. I think Joe Burrows will end up playing his way to the top of that list. 
Reply/Quote
Probably Herbert and he will be a bust. We need better scouts and a real GM.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 07:39 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: Probably Herbert and he will be a bust. We need better scouts and a real GM.

I mean, if you can’t even scout the top QB prospects in the country...

Reply/Quote
Honestly, I don’t see Zac Taylor taking a quarterback in the first round unless the Bengals end up with two picks. However, I can see Joe Burrow going quickly in the second round.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 07:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Honestly, I don’t see Zac Taylor taking a quarterback in the first round unless the Bengals end up with two picks. However, I can see Joe Burrow going quickly in the second round.

Taylor would be an absolute idiot to not take a QB that high. Dalton’s time is done here, and he’s a former QB and QB coach. If there’s any hope for him saving his job, it’s taking the right QB, and making sure he develops in your system.

Brown will also probably be on board, as new QB’s garner interest. And we’ve all seen the stands so far this season...

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 07:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Taylor would be an absolute idiot to not take a QB that high. Dalton’s time is done here, and he’s a former QB and QB coach. If there’s any hope for him saving his job, it’s taking the right QB, and making sure he develops in your system.

Brown will also probably be on board, as new QB’s garner interest. And we’ve all seen the stands so far this season...

Very good points. MB's main concern is the stands instead of the SB victory. Although revenue sharing pretty much makes him think that's not that important either.

Reply/Quote
Herbert scares me but I could be totally wrong. He is probably being misused but his play style has similarities of other busts of his model (tall, throw power high but low touch).Reminds me of Chicago’s QB or Drew Lock.

Top two QBs for me are 1a,1b: Tua and Fromm, the latter IMO is underrated because he is not flashy. Burrows is playing good now but there are a couple of reasons one is that his WR are playing out of this world and the second being that this is his first year starting. Will probably be picked in the first, but I’m not ready to anoint him #1. His play style reminds me of Dalton which is not worth drafting for this team.
Reply/Quote

- Tua Tagovailoa

- Jake Fromm

- Justin Herbert

Which ever one Mike Brown and Duke Tobin decide to draft for him. That's who he'll get, if he's still the coach next season.

Reply/Quote
If I were in Zac Taylor’s shoes I might go for the best offensive lineman available instead in the first round.
Reply/Quote
I'm not so sure he does QB either - that was why I said IF he went QB.

If it were my choice I'd lean more towards Tua, partly because I am always leery of QBs from Oregon. Yes Herbert has the height, arm power and touch and can also run some. But Oregon QB and success in the NFL tend not to be the same thing. Tua and Fromm at least are from programs that have produced NFL starters of good quality in the past.

But, the question is who do I think ZAC would take? And as such Herbert is a lot like Jared Goff except Herbert per scouting reports can actually read and diagnose defenses at the line.
Reply/Quote
Will Tua be the consensus #1 by the time of the draft? If so, we shouldn’t even include him. He’ll go to Miami.

Reply/Quote
Selecting a quarterback in the first round of the 2020 draft would be like putting a thumpin’ stereo system in a car with no engine, flat tires, and a faulty starter.
Reply/Quote
Are there any QB's that are injured and/or highly overrated?
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 08:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Selecting a quarterback in the first round of the 2020 draft would be like putting a thumpin’ stereo system in a car with no engine, flat tires, and a faulty starter.

No it wouldn’t.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 08:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Are there any QB's that are injured and/or highly overrated?

Also, any one year wonders on the list. Mikey seem to like those.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 08:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If I were in Zac Taylor’s shoes I might go for the best offensive lineman available instead in the first round.

That's worked out great lately.

As to the OP: Throwin Samoan
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 11:31 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Also, any one year wonders on the list. Mikey seem to like those.

*Must have poor Wonderlic results.

Also must be willing to hold out for 8 games.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 08:01 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: Herbert scares me but I could be totally wrong. He is probably being misused but his play style has similarities of other busts of his model (tall, throw power high but low touch).Reminds me of Chicago’s QB or Drew Lock.

Top two QBs for me are 1a,1b: Tua and Fromm, the latter IMO is underrated because he is not flashy. Burrows is playing good now but there are a couple of reasons one is that his WR are playing out of this world and the second being that this is his first year starting. Will probably be picked in the first, but I’m not ready to anoint him #1. His play style reminds me of Dalton which is not worth drafting for this team.

Agree Herbert scares me too. Big arm , prototype body but something seems odd about him. His instincts seems a little off. Right now I’d lean towards DE Young or Tackle Thomas from Georgia.
Reply/Quote