Poll: Which qb will have the better career?
Joe Burrow
Lamar Jackson
Patrick Mahomes
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Qb will have the better career?
Mahomes is proven. Burrow is not. I sure hope Burrow is as good as advertised. I am concerned he'll have no preseason games to prepare. Things speed up in the NFL.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I wanted to be a homer and vote Burrow, but Mahomes has already won a Super Bowl. Voted Mahomes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This thread is boring.

I say Burrow. Mahomes is just a creation of Reid and the talent around him. He does not have the "IT" factor. When he was in college he played for a .500 team. He is not really capable of making the players around him better. Meanwhile Burrow beat every top ten team in the country with no offensive line at LSU. Burrow does not need blockers or good receivers. He can escape any pressure and throw a receiver open who really doesn't have the ability to get open.

Mahomey is a fraud while Burrow is the real deal.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 08:17 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: We were in draft position to draft one the following Qbs: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, and Joe Burrow.

Which Qb do you think will have the best career?

I think Joe Burrow is the best fit for the Bengals, but Its hard to say how good he will be at this point. He’ll definitely be a pro bowler. But could he be better than Mahomes? I dont see him being as dynamic as Lamar Jackson. Who will have the most team success? Who will have the best regular season success/stats? Which qb do you think we should have drafted (looking back)?

Mahomes is who I voted for of course cause of his coach Andy Reid. I think Reid can put talented players around Mahomes and he
knows how to use players and coach a team even with lesser talent as I think the Mahomes deal could bite them in terms of FA 
capital and being able to retain their already good players.

This could be the only reason I could see Mahomes not having as good of a career as Burrow, say if they cannot afford to have a 
decent O-line and Mahomes gets hurt all the time.

We just haven't seen anything really good with Taylor and the coaching yet for me to vote for Burrow. Burrow is great and I think 
could be better than Mahomes with the way he reads Defenses and the way he is such a good pocket passer and so accurate but 
the coaching is where Mahomes is hands down my vote.

Lamar is one hit away from ending his career, too much risk in the way he plays for me to vote for him. Had a great year last year
but I don't think that will last very long. At least hope not.
Reply/Quote
Burrow sure looks, talks, seems the part. But that's the thing, he's gotta do it on an NFL field to know for sure. Mahomes has done it, so........

Jackson on the other hand has choked big time in both his playoff games. And if he keeps playing the way he has it's hard to see him having a long career. Right now gotta go Mahomes.

But I'm sure glad we've got Burrow. Joe
Reply/Quote
Burrow...I'm dead serious too..
Reply/Quote
The ONLY reason Burrow is not among the greatest prospects ever (Elway, Luck, etc) is elite arm strength, but Burrow has plenty of arm strength to be a great NFL QB.

I actually read that his age (24) was a "knock against him".  I just think it makes him more likely to flourish as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
The age thing shouldn’t be as big of a deal as it might have been years ago. QB’s are playing at a high level well into their late 30’s now (Brady, Brees, Ben, Rivers)
And the rules protect them from getting physically abused like they used to.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 11:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The ONLY reason Burrow is not among the greates prospects ever (Elway, Luck, etc) is arm strength, and he has plenty of arm strength to be a great NFL QB.

I actually read that his age (24) was a "knock against him".  I just think it makes him more likely to flourish as a rookie.

Agree, if anything he has more experience and intelligence.

He is less raw than the other rookie QB's IMO.

(07-27-2020, 11:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The age thing shouldn’t be as big of a deal as it might have been years ago. QB’s are playing at a high level well into their late 30’s now (Brady, Brees, Ben, Rivers)
And the rules protect them from getting physically abused like they used to.

Yep, the game has changed to where a QB can play a lot longer than they used to be able to play.

That is as long as you don't just run all the time like Lamar Jackson.
Reply/Quote