Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which RB gets the 2nd moat snaps behind JM this yr?
R. Anderson is recovering from ACL surgery (he also has a decent chuck of other injuries)... It usually takes 2 years before players get back to their "full" form.

I think Mixon: 1st, 2nd... maybe R. Anderson here and there (10% ~5-6 carries max). But Mixon was a steal.

And Gio: 3rd/ passing downs.... maybe a little T Williams ONLY if he can show passing blocking ability in the NFL (10% ~2-3 plays).

The pre-season will most likely tell us how it is going to go. I think RBs are a dime a dozen now-a-days and that is why legit backs get drafted late. Here is to hoping both backs compete and push our starters...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think you have to factor in role when looking at snaps. I believe that Gio and Williams are backs that will be used in a similar fashion just as Mixon and Anderson are backs that will be used in a similar fashion.

If Anderson is 100% healthy then when they are truly looking to give Mixon a blow but run the same plays then you will see Anderson. I think if they are giving Gio a rest in his role then you will see Williams.

However, given 100% health with all backs then Gio will see the second most snaps behind Mixon and he has earned that thru performance and production.

I honestly think they try to find a way to have Anderson on IR for the season just to try and insure that his knee is completely and totally healed. He is a special talent when he is healthy.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 01:26 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Barring a injury to Anderson or Williams
it looks like the Bengals will carry 4 RBs
on the 53 man roster.
Gio is rightfully so #2 on the depth chart.
hes earned that spot with being a pros pro
and proving himself on the field.
but RB is the one skill position spot where even
legit performers can be moved down the down
the depth chart or moved to another city.
Hunt,Howard, Bell, Crowell all come to mind in recent memory.
how do you see the picture at the #2 RB spot panning out this
year?
Will Williams or Anderson play at a such a level
that Gio has his snaps reduced?

Love Gio but damn he has Traveon Williams on his heals?

If Gio gets injured i don't know if he will be the #2 again, that is how good Traveon is.

I still find it mind boggling we got this guy in the 6th round, Pratt is my favorite pick but Traveon has to be the biggest steal. Best burst, vision, hands, blocking, balance arguably of any RB in that Draft, my #1 RB in that class. Led the SEC in rushing and can take it the distance on any play. Mixon is one hell of a talent and probably the most talented RB in the NFL in my mind but Traveon is crazy talented too.

Gio is great but damn, just damn.

Also like Rodney who is smooth, with great hands and balance. What a RB corps.
Reply/Quote
I wanna ride BMW:

Bernard
Mixon
Williams
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
does anyone think this offense could resemble the Boomer led
team that went to the Super Bowl?
if I remember correctly...it was a 3 head monster
of Woods Brooks Wilson running the ball and
alot of play action to.the TEs and WRs?
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 06:57 PM)impactplaya Wrote: does anyone think this offense could resemble the Boomer led
team that went to the Super Bowl?
if I remember correctly...it was a 3 head monster
of Woods Brooks Wilson running the ball and
alot of play action to.the TEs and WRs?

Which one's the crack head?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 06:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Which one's the crack head?

Gio... Does he still drive his girlfriend's mama's minivan? That's some crack head shit right there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote