Poll: which wr has most catches while green out
Ross
Erickson
Malone
Core
Tate
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which WR has most catches while Green is out?
(11-08-2018, 02:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: Have you actually watched ANY games this year? Shocked
I have watched more games then you most likely ever will. If you disagree with a post try to point out what you disagree with or hold your tongue.
Reply/Quote
Hoping it's Ross
Reply/Quote
Well i found out we got a little luck on our side with the uniform colors orange on black. This is a game where they will give ross some targets so im going to say ross. He has the speed to burn their secondary.
Reply/Quote
Someone on fb mentioned we should put ross at kick returner and i have to agree. He was explosive on kick returns, its time to feed him to the wolves,put the game on the line by getting him involved..and if he became a good returner it might just translate to receiver also. It wont happen but its something i would do. And people will not like me saying this but i really dont care for erickson.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 03:51 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I have watched more games then you most likely ever will. If you disagree with a post try  to point out what you disagree with or hold your tongue.

Wow. That escalated quickly. I normally stay on the sidelines, but Wyche is a very knowledgeable fan. No reason to jump so aggressive. With your user name, I'd expect you to be more chill. A Bengals bong would be dope (get it?).

I think the RBs will have the next most catches. Uzomah will get increased targets. As for the rest of the WR group, I think it's a crap shoot. I honestly expect little to nothing from Ross. He'll probably injure himself the first time he tries to sprint.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 09:42 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: None of these guys has Andy's trust Erickson 8 catches this year Ross 7 catches and they lead the way. Core has three and Malone has one catch and none of these guys have very many targets. Its not like they are all dropping the balls Andy just don't have the balls to throw it to them. Ross prolly has the most targets but you have to trust your guys to catch the ball if you want to worry about throwing interceptions worry when you target AJ that is when most of his INT happen. If Andy has a glaring weakness its not spreading the ball around great QB's can throw it to any guy running around on the field. In Andy's defense he does only have a sec to throw the ball before the O-line caves in on him but he has to trust the his other teammates not just AJ and Boyd but all of them.

Now with Green gone, a new trust/bond is going to have to be born.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 03:51 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I have watched more games then you most likely ever will. If you disagree with a post try  to point out what you disagree with or hold your tongue.

LMAO.....maybe, maybe not.  As to what I disagree with?  The ball has been spread around quite a bit.  Of course Green and Boyd have the lion's share of targets, they're the best, most reliable receivers.  Also worth pointing out....a lot of these guys have been in and out of the lineup due to injuries, or what have you....thus, limiting their targets.  Eifert was getting fed the ball quite regularly early on.  Kroft was getting targets.  Uzomah's number was being called.  Core dropped a couple of crucial balls against Pitt.  Malone had a pass deflect off him for an INT at CAR.  Ross was being targeted, then pulled up lame and hasn't played since ATL.  Mixon has seen throws, Gio was, then got hurt as well.  Even Walton has seen targets in his limited action.  I don't think your stats paint the whole picture.  Having said all of that, we have also had 4 fourth qtr comebacks for wins, with AJ Green, being AJ Green, and Tyler Boyd playing out of his mind late in games on 3rd and 4th down, needing critical conversions.  Who would you throw to in those scenarios?  Guys who have dropped passes, quit on routes, had balls hit them in the numbers only to turn into INTs, or guys you absolutely trust will come through in the clutch?  To say the QB lacks balls because of all of this is disingenuous at best.

There, that hit the spot for you? Wink

Someone has posted the numbers here before, but I'm having a hard time finding them due to firewalls here at work.  While I admit, my sarcasm and attempt at humor failed.....and apologize that it came off as being smug, I just don't see how you think he's "ball-less" for not spreading the ball around, when the numbers have shown otherwise.  Of course your two best WRs are going to see the most targets, all teams do that.  We just haven't seen those auxiliary targets do much when they've gotten their shot.....a la a Calvin Ridley, Cooper Kupp, etc.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 08:45 PM)motoarch Wrote: can I vote for dez?

Hope not since Brees will be tossing him the ball Sunday. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Went with Ericson but sure hope someone else steps forward like Ross or Malone.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 12:44 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope not since Brees will be tossing him the ball Sunday. 

If Drew Brees is willing to welcome him as a teammate and even throw the ball to him you have to wonder if our predictions that the guy would wreck the Bengals might be off-base.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 11:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO.....maybe, maybe not.  As to what I disagree with?  The ball has been spread around quite a bit.  Of course Green and Boyd have the lion's share of targets, they're the best, most reliable receivers.  Also worth pointing out....a lot of these guys have been in and out of the lineup due to injuries, or what have you....thus, limiting their targets.  Eifert was getting fed the ball quite regularly early on.  Kroft was getting targets.  Uzomah's number was being called.  Core dropped a couple of crucial balls against Pitt.  Malone had a pass deflect off him for an INT at CAR.  Ross was being targeted, then pulled up lame and hasn't played since ATL.  Mixon has seen throws, Gio was, then got hurt as well.  Even Walton has seen targets in his limited action.  I don't think your stats paint the whole picture.  Having said all of that, we have also had 4 fourth qtr comebacks for wins, with AJ Green, being AJ Green, and Tyler Boyd playing out of his mind late in games on 3rd and 4th down, needing critical conversions.  Who would you throw to in those scenarios?  Guys who have dropped passes, quit on routes, had balls hit them in the numbers only to turn into INTs, or guys you absolutely trust will come through in the clutch?  To say the QB lacks balls because of all of this is disingenuous at best.

There, that hit the spot for you? Wink

Someone has posted the numbers here before, but I'm having a hard time finding them due to firewalls here at work.  While I admit, my sarcasm and attempt at humor failed.....and apologize that it came off as being smug, I just don't see how you think he's "ball-less" for not spreading the ball around, when the numbers have shown otherwise.  Of course your two best WRs are going to see the most targets, all teams do that.  We just haven't seen those auxiliary targets do much when they've gotten their shot.....a la a Calvin Ridley, Cooper Kupp, etc.
I accept your apology and apologize for my comment as well. But we are talking about WR in this thread and that is who I am referring to he has no trust in the other WR not name AJ or Boyd. Yes Andy does target RB and TE quite a bit more then I like in most cases he loves to check the ball down and throw to the safe targets. The TE targets are ok since it moves the ball downfield a bit more but the RB targets are behind the line of scrimmage in most cases. Marvin talked about pushing the ball downfield more in the offseason and preseason. Daltons strenght is in the 20 to 30 yard range which he should look for targets in this area if he has the time. Core has dropped a few but he has not had over 5 targets all year after three years riding the bench and only 200 yards his rookie year he really needs more to knock the rust off this goes for Malone as well. These players come in from college and go right to the bench in most cases and are expected to play without flaws after riding the pine for 3 plus years which is unrealistic in certain cases I am sure it happens but is not the norm.
Reply/Quote
Core did have the second most against KC (3, tied with Boyd) on 3 targets. So maybe he and Andy are finally finding some rhythm there.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 02:26 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I get that everyone is down on Ross (and rightfully so), but I'd still bet on Ross.

Through the first 4 weeks, Ross posted the following numbers:

15 targets - 7 catches - 79 yards - 2 TDs

...and that's with a healthy AJ Green/Boyd/Eifert. They were trying to get him involved. He was part of the game plan. He was a 9th overall pick and I'm sure they'd like to see some return on that investment. Or at least some hope for the future with the guy.

As for Erickson, I like him but he doesn't bring any of the big play ability that AJ brought to the table. No threat on the outside.

yeah if ross is in he will get targets...

I thought core would have been the guy but after his last opportunity I don't see him on the field outside of special team.s
Reply/Quote
I don't agree with tanking games unless as another poster said its at the end of the year and there is nothing to gain from winning or losing the game and your playoff spot is secure. But I would be ok with Andy throwing 5 INT and losing this week if we can get Malone Core and Ross enough targets to get their confidence up by throwing them the ball a lot. It would help our team in the long run to finally get these guys going so they feel like they are contributing. We have had this chance over the last two years when we knew we was basically out of the playoffs but our stubborn coach wanted every win the could possible get at the cost of developing young talent on the team. If we have a chance to win the sunday then ok fight for the win but if we are getting blown out like the KC game another chance we missed to develop young guys then put the young WR in and live or die by them.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 12:59 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I accept your apology and apologize for my comment as well. But we are talking about WR in this thread and that is who I am referring to he has no trust in the other WR not name AJ or Boyd. Yes Andy does target RB and TE quite a bit more then I like in most cases he loves to check the ball down and throw to the safe targets. The TE targets are ok since it moves the ball downfield a bit more but the RB targets are behind the line of scrimmage in most cases. Marvin talked about pushing the ball downfield more in the offseason and preseason. Daltons strenght is in the 20 to 30 yard range which he should look for targets in this area if he has the time. Core has dropped a few but he has not had over 5 targets all year after three years riding the bench and only 200 yards his rookie year he really needs more to knock the rust off this goes for Malone as well. These players come in from college and go right to the bench in most cases and are expected to play without flaws after riding the pine for 3 plus years which is unrealistic in certain cases I am sure it happens but is not the norm.

I gotcha.....yeah, I agree about the RB targets.  I'd rather see them used some more underneath, than simply screens.  I mean, getting them ball in the 3-5 yard range, and they can make a guy miss could make for a long gain.  Sometimes he has the time, and I really like what they have done rolling him out some.  That may be key against NO with the inexperienced guys looking to get some separation.  I guess I misunderstood your post...you are right about the wideouts, but I believe Ross would maybe have had more targets as the season progressed had he not been injured.  As for the other two, I just haven't seen much out of them, and when their number has been called, they haven't delivered.  With that said, he has no choice now, they all better get on the same page, and get there fast.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 01:01 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Core did have the second most against KC (3, tied with Boyd) on 3 targets. So maybe he and Andy are finally finding some rhythm there.

I think those were Driskel, but I'm not certain.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 01:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think those were Driskel, but I'm not certain.

You're probably on to something there  LMAO Hey at least I didn't pop in here with a "Julio Jones gets the most because he's playing against the Stains" .....  just trying to stay on topic  Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 01:29 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I don't agree with tanking games unless as another poster said its at the end of the year and there is nothing to gain from winning or losing the game and your playoff spot is secure. But I would be ok with Andy throwing 5 INT and losing this week if we can get Malone Core and Ross enough targets to get their confidence up by throwing them the ball a lot. It would help our team in the long run to finally get these guys going so they feel like they are contributing. We have had this chance over the last two years when we knew we was basically out of the playoffs but our stubborn coach wanted every win the could possible get at the cost of developing young talent on the team. If we have a chance to win the sunday then ok fight for the win but if we are getting blown out like the KC game another chance we missed to develop young guys then put the young WR in and live or die by them.

Helluva lotta truth in what I bolded right there.  I didn't understand that at all.  Unless one of your players is closing in on some sort of record, it would have been a golden opportunity to get these guys some touches.  It's kinda like the year prior when they called Peerman back up instead of WJIII.  Jackson could have gotten some valuable playing time in what was essentially a season already over.  Hell, Boyd had his coming out party for 2017 in the last game of the season.  Look how that's turned out.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 01:43 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: You're probably on to something there  LMAO Hey at least I didn't pop in here with a "Julio Jones gets the most because he's playing against the Stains" .....  just trying to stay on topic  Ninja

LOL....to be honest brother, I have no idea for sure.....I just think I read that looking up some stats.  After that INT at the start of the 2nd half, I took my ass to bed! LMAO

Reply/Quote