Poll: Which would you rather have in a team..
This poll is closed.
A Bengal Team that performed like they did against Seattle but goes 7-9.
64.29%
9 64.29%
A Bengal Team that performed like they did against the 49ers but goes 9-7.
35.71%
5 35.71%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which Would You Rather Have?
Not a fan of ugly wins period.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Obviously you take the team with more wins.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 08:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you could be a tree what tree would you want to be?

Depends on where I'm planted. Thinking if in the jungle a weeping willow would suffice.

I'd be sure to grow nice and strong. After all, survival is the keys.

As for the OP. I'd take 7-9. With a bright future and a lower draft pick. If we aren't making the playoff's there's no need for a dead cat bounce kicking us out of the top 10 and giving false hope to "Model, Model".

I wouldn't trust the team that played Sunday going into next season. If it was lucky to get to 9-7, it's only a matter of time before the wheels really come of.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:13 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Which would you rather the Bengals do? 

Give up 600 yards a game, score no points and go 16-0

Or play lights out defense, score 30 point a game and go 0-16

Theoretically a team can give up yards and play poorly if they exceed on turnovers...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:23 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’d be a Christmas tree. I wouldn’t get to live long but at least I’d finally have the answer to the age old Santa question.

There is no Santa... Cry
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:13 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Which would you rather the Bengals do? 

Give up 600 yards a game, score no points and go 16-0

Or play lights out defense, score 30 point a game and go 0-16

Hilarious

Rep.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: As for the OP. I'd take 7-9. With a bright future and a lower draft pick. If we aren't making the playoff's there's no need for a dead cat bounce kicking us out of the top 10 and giving false hope to "Model, Model".  

I wouldn't trust the team that played Sunday going into next season. If it was lucky to get to 9-7, it's only a matter of time before the wheels really come of.

This.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 07:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Which would you rather have?

A Bengal team that performed like they did against Seattle but goes 7-9.
Or a Bengal team that performed like they did against 49ers but goes 9-7.

Why?

Depends on how good the coach looks in the press conferences.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 08:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you could be a tree what tree would you want to be?

More like: if you could be a piece of shit, what kind of shit do you want to be?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Why?

I am way overthinking this "hypothetical" question.  The Bengals were thoroughly beaten on special teams, defense, and offense on Sunday.  How is the world could they go 9-7?  At least one of those has to be better than the opponent.

If you would have said, "Or a Bengal defense that performed like they did against 49ers but goes 9-7", then that would mean our offense would be putting up 600+ yards/50+ points a game.  That would be fun to watch.

I will always go with the winning option of 9-7 but I am not sure which unit would make the game fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:24 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Not a fan of ugly wins period.

I like wins period. I don't care how they look.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Why?

It completely depends on if 9-7 gets us in the playoffs.  If it does,then I take 9-7, as anything can happen in the playoffs.  If it doesn't, then I take 7-9 for the better draft positioning.
Reply/Quote

Why?
They would be if in the AFC East.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 12:37 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: They would be if in the AFC East.

Yes the AFC east is pretty weak.  We will see how good the Bills are next game...
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 11:31 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: I am way overthinking this "hypothetical" question.  The Bengals were thoroughly beaten on special teams, defense, and offense on Sunday.  How is the world could they go 9-7?  At least one of those has to be better than the opponent.

If you would have said, "Or a Bengal defense that performed like they did against 49ers but goes 9-7", then that would mean our offense would be putting up 600+ yards/50+ points a game.  That would be fun to watch.

I will always go with the winning option of 9-7 but I am not sure which unit would make the game fun to watch.

I thought the Bengals were still in the game until the Half...plus, Like I said in another response, teams can win turnover margin and score.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 01:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I thought the Bengals were still in the game until the Half...plus, Like I said in another response, teams can win turnover margin and score.

But they didn't win TO margin either.  You can't say, "a Bengal team that performed like they did against 49ers" when they didn't win in any phase of the game.

Look at the stats.  The only thing we "won" was 1st downs from penalties".  Haha.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401128066
Reply/Quote
I’m confused. Seattle didn’t play very well the first week but pulled out the Win. The Bengals outgained them and everyone said they played well. Some of you were more happy with the Bengals results vs. them not playing as well but pulling out the Win like the Seahawks did? Interesting.
Reply/Quote

Why?

Is this one of those trick questions because it's actually the same team who performed like they did against Seahawks as they did against the 49ers?

A monkey puzzle tree.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 08:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But he has a point. How are they gonna play that bad and finish 9-7? 

A new fantasy schedule where they play the Dolphins 16x.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:24 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Not a fan of ugly wins period.

ill take a win any day any way....

So whatever gets us the most wins im fine with I imagine we will see a bit of both week 1 and week 2 thru out the year.
Reply/Quote