Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which fan base deserves a Super Bowl the most?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/19/which-nfl-fan-base-deserves-a-super-bowl-win-the-most/

Thanks a lot, PFT. I'm not sure why this irks me but we apparently aren't even up for consideration. I guess it's so obvious we are unworthy. Why, because of Burfict? Marvin? Notorious losing? What is it? We are the Rodney Dangerfield's of the sports world. No respect. No respect at all  Whatever 
Reply/Quote
Cleveland Browns
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 07:32 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Cleveland Browns

The real Browns have already won two Super Bowls.  Shoulda became Ravens fans if they wanted to boast about having a Lombardi.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

They got the Cavs and probably the Indians winning championships in the same year. I think they're ok
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati and Buffalo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 07:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Cincinnati and Buffalo.

Absolutely... I'd throw Detroit in there as well
Reply/Quote
San Diego
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 07:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Cincinnati and Buffalo.

And Minnesota, too.  The teams at the top of this list should be those teams that have lost multiple SBs without ever having won one.  As much as I'd like the Lions to win a SB, the teams that have at least made it there only to fail deserve a trophy first.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I think it's rather well known that Bengals fans kind of suck.

Hence the fact that Chad had to buy out games to sell out games so the fans could watch from home during a winning season and then fans call him a shitty person because...he enjoys attention?

And booing Andy Dalton during the all star weekend...throwing trash on Palmer's lawn...Booing Palmer when he reached 20,000 yards.

Wishing our owner would die?

You guys need to be real about the fan base to which you belong. Compared to the Browns fans, we are a bunch of ***** assholes to our team.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 08:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think it's rather well known that Bengals fans kind of suck.

Hence the fact that Chad had to buy out games to sell out games so the fans could watch from home during a winning season and then fans call him a shitty person because...he enjoys attention?

And booing Andy Dalton during the all star weekend...throwing trash on Palmer's lawn...Booing Palmer when he reached 20,000 yards.

You guys need to be real about the fan base to which you belong. Compared to the Browns fans, we are a bunch of ***** assholes to our team.

Huh... Hard to argue. 
Reply/Quote

(10-24-2016, 07:38 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: They got the Cavs and probably the Indians winning championships in the same year. I think they're ok

Yeah, that's my feeling too, Pat. I could have felt sorry for their fans like 18 months ago, but then the Cavs won and the Indians are in the World Series.

So in that case, F them. They don't deserve the Triple Crown of major sport championships.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 08:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think it's rather well known that Bengals fans kind of suck.

This right here fellas.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

I'd be with you if the organization wasn't ass.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 08:42 PM)UTHE Bigzoman Wrote: I'd be with you if the organization wasn't ass.

Yeah that was going to be my initial argument but I decided against it. It's true, this organization has been historically bad. Frustratingly, at time infuriatingly bad. That alone can breed some serious anger amongst the fan base. But it's no excuse for all that crap he listed. Sometimes a spade is just a spade: We do have a pretty pathetic fanbase. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 08:42 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'd be with you if the organization wasn't ass.

About sums it up.  Booing Dalton was bush league, but overall Bigzoman nailed it by being both eloquent and tactful in describing the level of the Bengals as a franchise.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 07:56 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: San Diego

They live in paradise. F em. 

Also,  Philip Rivers has the most punchable face in the NFL.  Tongue

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 08:42 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'd be with you if the organization wasn't ass.

ditto

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 11:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They live in paradise. F em. 

Also,  Philip Rivers has the most punchable face in the NFL.  Tongue

ditto 2

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Maybe if this wasn't such a shit run organization maybe the fans wouldn't be so frustrated. It goes both ways!
Reply/Quote

Agree completely and also feel the pain of others speaking of how the organization was run for years as well. 

Believe the last 5 or 6 years the organization has went out of their way to change the culture. 

Unfortunately at this point probably nothing short of a SB win will change some of our bitter fans opinions. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote