Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which fan base deserves a Super Bowl the most?
(10-24-2016, 08:49 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yeah that was going to be my initial argument but I decided against it. It's true, this organization has been historically bad. Frustratingly, at time infuriatingly bad. That alone can breed some serious anger amongst the fan base. But it's no excuse for all that crap he listed. Sometimes a spade is just a spade: We do have a pretty pathetic fanbase. 

Bullshit.
Consumers express their distaste in a plethora of ways.

Some cuss out their cable company. Others decide to just switch to satellite. But if we're going to observe the shit behavior of a few fans and decide that we're suddenly assholes to our team, let's talk about what we endured collectively prior to these episodes. We dealt with narrowly missing the Super Bowl, the son of a legend being a complete ****, ranging from ***** over Hamlinton Country with a stadium deal and sticking taxpayers to paying for a losing organization throughout the 90s and a 2000s era that was slightly better. We sat and watched as Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson grew older and frailer, knowing full and well that the team had what it took but needed changes that the organization refused to make. We watched as they eventually took their ball and went home. We're now gradually watching the SAME THING happen with Andy Dalton, AJ Green, and other players who as a whole amount to THE MOST TALENT this organization has and probably ever will have at their disposal. And where has it gotten us, five straight one and dones and an unlikely playoff appearance this year? Yeah, I think we have every right to cuss out our cable company right now.

Reply/Quote
I consider 1964 a Super Bowl.....It was the NFL Championship. That is what the Super Bowl has been except for the first 4 years. ....So Browns were NFL Champs many times. Heck, even Vikings were NFL Champs, they just lost to the AFL. ....So What fans have gone the longest without an NFL Championship....Lets see, Atlanta, Detroit, maybe we can add Minnesota. 1970 AFL Teams switching over. Buffalo, Cincinnati, San Diego....OK. lets add Cleveland. .....Looking at this, Detroit hasn't won anything since the 1950's. That is going way back....others are Carolina, Philadelphia, Arizona, LA Rams, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, some teams not that old. ......In all fairness I have to give the Fickle Finger of Fate Award to the Fans of the Detroit Lions who haven't tasted victory since Dwight Eisenhower was President and I Love Lucy was not a rerun but brand new TV shows. Yeah, It's been along time since that Babalu and Lucy, Ricky, Ethel and Fred.

!. Detroit.....2. Philadelphia.....3. Cleveland.......4. Atlanta.......5. Minnesota......6. Buffalo......7. San Diego......8. CINCINNATI......9. Houston due to Oilers and Texans.....10. Kansas City .....So any of these Top 10 winning a Super Bowl would not be as huge as The Cubs winning a World Series, but it would be the end of a long wait by their fans. ...New York Jets Fans waiting but at least they also had The Giants.......Some of these cities you don't expect to be up there, but many years without the ultimate victory.

Other sports...Detroit has the Pistons and Tigers and hockey..Philly had the Phillies...Cleveland had the Cavs....Atlanta the Braves...Cincy the Reds...Houston the Rockets....KC had the Royals...Minnesota had the Twins, I almost forgot...BUFFALO and SAN DIEGO haven't had much of anything. Those two cities haven't had anything to celebrate.

The closest thing to the Cubs playing the Indians in the NFL would be the Detroit Lions playing the Cleveland Browns as in way back in the 1950's, but don't look for that Super Bowl match-up in this season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 02:17 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Bullshit.
Consumers express their distaste in a plethora of ways.

Some cuss out their cable company. Others decide to just switch to satellite. But if we're going to observe the shit behavior of a few fans and decide that we're suddenly assholes to our team, let's talk about what we endured collectively prior to these episodes. We dealt with narrowly missing the Super Bowl, the son of a legend being a complete ****, ranging from ***** over Hamlinton Country with a stadium deal and sticking taxpayers to paying for a losing organization throughout the 90s and a 2000s era that was slightly better. We sat and watched as Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson grew older and frailer, knowing full and well that the team had what it took but needed changes that the organization refused to make. We watched as they eventually took their ball and went home. We're now gradually watching the SAME THING happen with Andy Dalton, AJ Green, and other players who as a whole amount to THE MOST TALENT this organization has and probably ever will have at their disposal. And where has it gotten us, five straight one and dones and an unlikely playoff appearance this year? Yeah, I think we have every right to cuss out our cable company right now.

Look I agree with you. As I said the frustration this organization puts us through is infuriating. But that is still no excuse for needing Chad to buy out remaining tickets (at least not when we were winning), booing Dalton at the mlb all star game, trashing Carson's lawn and booing him when he hit 20,000 yards... Wishing death on the owner. There's just no excuse for that crap. It paints our fanbase in a very bad light, and with the national perception of the bengals still being... "Less than stellar", we don't need our fanbase being compared to the Eagles.
Reply/Quote