Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Beyond the Wildcard Round ...
I know, I know... We haven't won a playoff game in thirty years. Why look beyond the WC round? Well, because it's fun and life's about having fun. lol

If you guys wouldn't mind , I'd love you to look ahead with me with these playoff scenarios and into a potential second round game and beyond for our Bengals. With Denver fumbling away their game late against the Chiefs today, we know that we will be, at best, the #2 seed and , at worst, the #4 seed. If we are the #4 , then , barring anything other than chalk, we would be headed to Arrowhead for the divisional round. That's a scenario I hope we can avoid. I think that would be a very tough road to victory. Even if we win at Cleveland and secure the #3 seed, we could still see Arrowhead in the divisional round if Tennessee takes care of the Texans tomorrow and gets the top seed, with KC becoming the #2.

The way to keep from seeing KC in round two , we need either Bengals win=> Titans loss (if chalk in first round, we would host Titans in round 2) or Bengals loss => Titans win ( if chalk in first round, we would visit Tennessee in round two). The other two scenarios ( either Bengals win=> Titans win OR Bengals loss=> Titans loss) would send us to KC .

Obviously, upsets in the WC round could change things altogether since the top seed hosts the lowest remaining seed in the divisional round. I would love to get that #2 seed, guaranteeing us a divisional round home game. Short of that, I think our best hope is to avoid Thom Brennaman's favorite city in round two.

Of course , most importantly, win that first game!!!!

What do you hope happens as we look to the WC AND BEYOND ???
Reply/Quote
Titans think we match up pretty well with them.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 11:57 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I know, I know... We haven't won a playoff game in thirty years. Why look beyond the WC round?  Well, because it's fun and life's about having fun. lol

If you guys wouldn't mind , I'd love you to look ahead with me with these playoff scenarios and into a potential second round game and beyond for our Bengals.  With Denver fumbling away their game late against the Chiefs today, we know that we will be, at best, the #2 seed and , at worst, the #4 seed.  If we are the #4 , then , barring anything other than chalk, we would be headed to Arrowhead for the divisional round. That's a scenario I hope we can avoid. I think that would be a very tough road to victory.  Even if we win at Cleveland and secure the #3 seed, we could still see Arrowhead in the divisional round if Tennessee takes care of the Texans tomorrow and gets the top seed, with KC becoming the #2.

The way to keep from seeing KC in round two , we need either  Bengals win=> Titans loss (if chalk in first round, we would host Titans in round 2)  or   Bengals loss => Titans win ( if chalk in first round, we would visit Tennessee in round two). The other two scenarios ( either Bengals win=> Titans win  OR  Bengals loss=> Titans loss) would send us to KC .

Obviously, upsets in the WC round could change things altogether since the top seed hosts the lowest remaining seed in the divisional round.    I would love to get that #2 seed, guaranteeing us a divisional round home game. Short of that, I think our best hope is to avoid Thom Brennaman's favorite city in round two.

Of course , most importantly,  win that first game!!!!

If the Bengals end up being 4 and the Titans stay 1 and the favorites win in WC weekend, the Bengals would travel to Tennessee.

1 v 4
2 v 3

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 11:57 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I know, I know... We haven't won a playoff game in thirty years. Why look beyond the WC round?  Well, because it's fun and life's about having fun. lol

If you guys wouldn't mind , I'd love you to look ahead with me with these playoff scenarios and into a potential second round game and beyond for our Bengals.  With Denver fumbling away their game late against the Chiefs today, we know that we will be, at best, the #2 seed and , at worst, the #4 seed.  If we are the #4 , then , barring anything other than chalk, we would be headed to Arrowhead for the divisional round. That's a scenario I hope we can avoid. I think that would be a very tough road to victory.  Even if we win at Cleveland and secure the #3 seed, we could still see Arrowhead in the divisional round if Tennessee takes care of the Texans tomorrow and gets the top seed, with KC becoming the #2.

The way to keep from seeing KC in round two , we need either  Bengals win=> Titans loss (if chalk in first round, we would host Titans in round 2)  or   Bengals loss => Titans win ( if chalk in first round, we would visit Tennessee in round two). The other two scenarios ( either Bengals win=> Titans win  OR  Bengals loss=> Titans loss) would send us to KC .

Obviously, upsets in the WC round could change things altogether since the top seed hosts the lowest remaining seed in the divisional round.    I would love to get that #2 seed, guaranteeing us a divisional round home game. Short of that, I think our best hope is to avoid Thom Brennaman's favorite city in round two.

There are lots of non-chalk scenarios where we don't travel to Arrowhead for Rd 2. KC losing being the most obvious. We could end up #3 instead of #4, win or lose. 

If Tennessee loses, then chalk takes us to Arrowhead. Again, we could be 3 or 4. 

Let's wait until the seeds are set, then we can worry about it. 
Reply/Quote
My dream scemario is:

We lose tomorrow and are the 4 seed and ultimately Tenn in Nashville. We win that.

Chargers beat Chiefs at KC and we play Chargers in PBS for trip to the Super Bowl
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 01:21 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: My dream scemario is:

We lose tomorrow and are the 4 seed and ultimately Tenn in Nashville. We win that.

Chargers beat Chiefs at KC and we play Chargers in PBS for trip to the Super Bowl

[Image: 635563382248398631-cold.jpg?width=1200&d...&auto=webp]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 60knqg.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

NO, NO and NO....I made a post looking past Cleveland Game....But it it would Foolish, Silly, Naive to look past the First Play-Off Game.....Better to pray for good Health.  That no major injuries against Cleveland.  That Bengals Win play-off game in Cincinnati and again no major injuries.....Now somehow the Bengals getting a 2nd Play-Off Game in Cincinnati would be nice,  but lets take it One Game At A Time.  

I don't know why some of you keep wishing for Titans, they are a good team, be careful what you wish for. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Freezer bowl 2.0? That might be fun as long as it is about 20 degrees warmer.
Reply/Quote
How many of you would be okay with this little dandy of a scenario?

We beat Cleveland, Pitt beats Balt. , Raiders beat SD, NE beats Miami, and Jacksonville shocks Indy:

WC round : We host the Steelers

Divisional Round : We host Raiders(after they upset Tenn in WC Round)

AFC Championship: We host the Bills (after they dispatch of NE in WC Round and KC in the Divisional Round)

Steelers=> Raiders=> Bills=> Superbowl !!! All without having to leave the friendly confines of the Jungle. I'd take it !!!
Reply/Quote
Chiefs didn’t look like an unbeatable team yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 06:04 AM)kevin Wrote: NO, NO and NO....I made a post looking past Cleveland Game....But it it would Foolish, Silly, Naive to look past the First Play-Off Game.....Better to pray for good Health.  That no major injuries against Cleveland.  That Bengals Win play-off game in Cincinnati and again no major injuries.....Now somehow the Bengals getting a 2nd Play-Off Game in Cincinnati would be nice,  but lets take it One Game At A Time.  

I don't know why some of you keep wishing for Titans, they are a good team, be careful what you wish for. 

[Image: Remember-the-Titans-Cover.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Going to Nashville for a divisional playoff game doesn't concern me as much as a trip to Kansas City. I think our odds of winning in Tennessee are better than us winning in KC.
Reply/Quote
Taylor knows Tannehill’s weaknesses from coaching him as QB coach in Miami. They are still very close. Henry possibly not 100% I’m not afraid of the Titans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Titans are better than the colts and have a great RB of their own

The fact that Tannehill is average, Henry missed half the season, and they ‘re still prob gonna land the 1 seed is what worries me about them.
Reply/Quote
If Bengals get there then believe they match up well with all those teams.

Just need to get that first win and get momentum rolling and then who knows.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

I'd be downright confident against the Titans.

We have a great run defense. Burrow vs Tannehill? Sign me up.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 12:41 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Taylor knows Tannehill’s weaknesses from coaching him as QB coach in Miami. They are still very close. Henry  possibly not 100% I’m not afraid of the Titans.

Some will say Taylor was Tannehill's weakness in Miami.
Reply/Quote
Well the Bengals have the tenth best Super Bowl odds.

Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 01:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Some will say Taylor was Tannehill's weakness in Miami.

Negatory. Taylor’s last season at Miami and the year (2015) he was interim OC was one of Tannehill’s best years.

From All Titans:

However, he (Tannehill) had his best statistical seasons in Miami in 2015, when Taylor was on the offensive staff as a quarterbacks coach and as the interim offensive coordinator for five games.

Reply/Quote