Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which option C or RT?
In an effort to slow the frustration over Collins, and not to say he is completely out as an option, which direction do you prefer assuming Collins is out?

Lower tier RT like Williams, Rieff with Carmen/whoever at LG?

or...

May I suggest we engage Tretter to be our Center and totally shore up our IOL and take the chance at RT with Smith/rookie/low end vet?

Im always looking to get as many of the top guys at their position as possible...

Reply/Quote
Bengals have 2 holes currently on the line.

If they whiff with Collins, they have to get best o-lineman available, whether it be in the draft or free agency.

LG, C, and RT are all in play. If the bengals grab a center, it can allow Karras to move back to LG
Reply/Quote
I would go all in on JC Tretter. Then maybe Daryl Williams or draft OT at 31.
Reply/Quote
Austin Deculus as a project at the end of Round 4. He was on the 2019 LSU team, 4 year SEC starter (all at RT), long arms and athletic. I think he can be coached into a great tackle.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:06 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Austin Deculus as a project at the end of Round 4. He was on the 2019 LSU team, 4 year SEC starter (all at RT), long arms and athletic. I think he can be coached into a great tackle.

Don’t want to rely on him year 1
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Don’t want to rely on him year 1
Neither do I but I suppose I misread the thread. Should have clarified that I see him as a project who can develop into a starter (I want one of those and he’s my first choice for that role), but I also don’t want to have to rely on him from Day 1.
The more this drags on the more and more I see Reiff coming back for one more year.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 03:58 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: I would go all in on JC Tretter. Then maybe Daryl Williams or draft OT at 31.

If we can't get Collins, then yes. All in on Tretter, make an offer to Reiff, and draft a Tackle to compete with Reiff.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
La'El Collin
Won't be ballin'
Good grief
It's Riley Reiff.

Sigh.
Reply/Quote
If the Collins deal doesn't get done I think the Bengals will re-sign Reiff and definitely draft a RT. A line of:

LT- Williams
LG-Carmen/ D. Smith
C-Karras
RG- Cappa
RT- Reiff -another 1 yr contract.

Backups:

T- Johnson
C/G- Hill
T- Prince
G/T- Tyler Smith 6'5 330 (Tulsa) 1st RD

- this line is miles ahead of last year, and overall depth is better w/o Hopkins and Adeniji who needs to be waived IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If we can't get Collins, then yes. All in on Tretter, make an offer to Reiff, and draft a Tackle to compete with Reiff.

There you go! That’s a perfect solution and you know what? The Bengals might be better off without La’el Collins if he’s more interested in getting paid than in getting a ring. I don’t want any divas on this team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Collins is gone.Now,quit messing around and sign Tretter.We May be better off without Collins anyways.There are some red flags with him.He was out a year with a hip injury for one thing.Forget about him and call Tretters agent right now,as soon as he gets out the door.With Tretter you have a completely rebuilt IOL.Sign Reiff or Williams to a one year deal at RT.Problem solved.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:28 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: If the Collins deal doesn't get done I think the Bengals will re-sign Reiff and definitely draft a RT. A line of:

LT- Williams
LG-Carmen/ D. Smith
C-Karras
RG- Cappa
RT- Reiff -another 1 yr contract.

Backups:

T- Johnson
C/G- Hill
T- Prince
G/T- Tyler Smith 6'5 330 (Tulsa) 1st RD

- this line is miles ahead of last year, and overall depth is better w/o Hopkins and Adeniji who needs to be waived IMO.

If you're doing that, Spain for cheap would be fine though we wanted more than Spain and Reiff.  Wouldn't rule out either Smith or Carmen at RT either.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:41 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Collins is gone.Now,quit messing around and sign Tretter.We May be better off without Collins anyways.There are some red flags with him.He was out a year with a hip injury for one thing.Forget about him and call Tretters agent right now,as soon as he gets out the door.With Tretter you have a completely rebuilt IOL.Sign Reiff or Williams to a one year deal at RT.Problem solved.

Still a little early for this... the guy is still in Cincy.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:43 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Still a little early for this... the guy is still in Cincy.

I saw one thing saying he left but haven't heard it anywhere else. So is he still in town? I think if he leaves most likely we won't be signing him. 

As far as if we don't sign him. Then I think we need to sign someone at RT whether that Williams or Reiff then it would be nice to get Tretter. But the RT is most important because I don't think we'll be in position to draft one at 31.
Reply/Quote
Bengals are not even considering Tretter.  We have our center in Karras.

No rookie will start

We will sign at least a mid-tier veteran OT ($4-$6 million) to a one-year deal.  Or maybe something better.

Either Jackson Carman or D'ante Smith will start at RG.

Reiff is too old and injury prone.  And Spain is an OG.  So I don't think we bring either one of them back unless Spain is a lot cheaper than I think.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 05:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals are not even considering Tretter.  We have our center in Karras.

No rookie will start

We will sign at least a mid-tier veteran OT ($4-$6 million) to a one-year deal.  Or maybe something better.

Either Jackson Carman or D'ante Smith will start at RG.

Reiff is too old and injury prone.  And Spain is an OG.  So I don't think we bring either one of them back unless Spain is a lot cheaper than I think.

Why do you keep saying this. Cappa is our RG.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 05:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why do you keep saying this. Cappa is our RG.

Ok, LG.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Bozeman went to the Panthers on a 1-year deal (haven't heard the $).

With Collins leaving and going to visit others, it's time to sign Tretter and just draft a RT. (And maybe cut Fred Johnson and re-sign Reiff as a T/G super backup?)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 03:58 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: I would go all in on JC Tretter. Then maybe Daryl Williams or draft OT at 31.

Got a feeling Tretter will be back in Cleveland. Once the Watson trade is finalizied and he signs the new deal it frees up 25 mill in cap space and another 19 mill once they trade Mayfield. They are trying to resign Landry and Clowney as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 02:07 AM)pulses Wrote: Got a feeling Tretter will be back in Cleveland. Once the Watson trade is finalizied and he signs the new deal it frees up 25 mill in cap space and another 19 mill once they trade Mayfield. They are trying to resign Landry and Clowney as well.
I think he feels Cleveland did him dirty by cutting him, and the writing was on the wall when Harris played well in his spot start when Tretter had COVID. Plus why would I want to protect that scumbag? If I was the Browns center I’d demand 100% of the snaps be from the shotgun/pistol, because I would NOT want his hands up my ass.

As of now I hear he Vikings are in on him, and I think he signs there. His dad (per his Twitter account) seems to prefer either the Vikings or Bengals FWIW. But he won’t sign with a team that doesn’t offer him.
Reply/Quote