Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which player/position would be most satisfied with at 11 aside from LB/OL?
CB or QB.
Would be fine with any of those picks
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 01:16 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You'd waste our 1st round on a QB?  Which one would you take?  I'm going to say TE.

I would take Murray 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
In this class if you don't get a OT or LB that means other defensive guys dropped. A CB like Byron Murphy or an Edge or top tier interior guy would be the best choice. First round guys should have high ceilings in positions that save you money with rookie contracts on premium positions.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 03:40 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I would take Murray 

Murray would provide a buzz for the team and a spark.  I don't know how I would feel about him at 11 when so many needs.  It would also mean that Dalton would need to be traded.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 12:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Where was this Julio Jones comp? Julio Jones has freakish speed for his size (4.39 at 6'3", 220 lbs). From what I've read on Harry, he's probably more in the 4.5 range, which is still very respectable for a guy of Harry's size. Obviously I haven't paid as much attention to Harry as some, but from what I've gathered, his skill set seems more in line with Dez Bryant, does it not?
He's expected to run between 4.38-4.45 at 6"4 216. He's a rac machine and a monster to bring down which is where the Julio Jones comps come from. Another comp has been Megatron but he's not Megatron. I honestly believe Harry will be julki jonws or best approximation at least. All the tools match up and the production,size,speed, contested catch, etc etc.
Reply/Quote
This draft has some good edge players.  The quality of the DTs in this class may push a good one out of the top 10.  

For those who want Lawrence at 11:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/12/28/clemson-loses-dexter-lawrence-two-others-after-b-samples-confirm-banned-substance/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4086ba4bc41a

I'm sick of taking moon shots on injured or red flag guys in the first =/
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 01:26 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He's expected to run between 4.38-4.45 at 6"4 216. He's a rac machine and a monster to bring down which is where the Julio Jones comps come from. Another comp has been Megatron but he's not Megatron. I honestly believe Harry will be julki jonws or best approximation at least. All the tools match up and the production,size,speed, contested catch, etc etc.

He's more of a 4.5 guy and even if he runs in the 4.4s it will be a build up speed like Josh Malones 4.40 not explosive out of the blocks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 01:26 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He's expected to run between 4.38-4.45 at 6"4 216. He's a rac machine and a monster to bring down which is where the Julio Jones comps come from. Another comp has been Megatron but he's not Megatron. I honestly believe Harry will be julki jonws or best approximation at least. All the tools match up and the production,size,speed, contested catch, etc etc.

Source? The only thing I've been able to find to give a projected 40 is from Walter Football saying projected 4.57 and Chris Trapasso saying 4.55.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 08:25 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: This draft has some good edge players.  The quality of the DTs in this class may push a good one out of the top 10.  

For those who want Lawrence at 11:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/12/28/clemson-loses-dexter-lawrence-two-others-after-b-samples-confirm-banned-substance/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4086ba4bc41a

I'm sick of taking moon shots on injured or red flag guys in the first =/

red flag? everyone in the nfl is on some kinda HGH or roid.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
They don't all get caught! Drafting a 350 lb dude who may need to juice to play at a high level is asking for trouble. They keep asking for trouble in the 1st round and they keep getting burned. Players who are injured/don't have a lot of snaps at their natural position, etc.
Reply/Quote
Well it's good to see some variety.

For me, de. There's some outstanding talent in this draft. Four guys that I think any normal year would all be top 10. Even at 11, we stand to get one of those guys that could take care of that spot for us for years. It's not the highest need, but probly one in a couple years. After that, Dt. Again, several good options when we pick.

I'm not big on any of this year's ots at 11. And I'd rather pick a couple linebackers later and add someone there through fa to get us by for a year.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 03:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Per the title, it's pretty much a commonality across all mocks that either OL or Devin White is selected for the Bengals.
What position or player specifically would you most be ok with the Bengals taking at 11 that isn't a LB or OL?

For me, it'd be DT simply due to the ridiculous talent at that position, although I don't know that a DT selected would actually get to be a 3-down player but instead have to be the nickel DT. Probably would get about 50% of defensive snaps.

Yeah, DT, DE or even CB would not be terrible to me if we don't bring back Dennard.

We need to stop the run, rush the passer and CB is a position you have to continually stock up. The Defense needs a lot of help even though LB is definately the biggest weakness. But i think we need to really delve into FA for OL and LB'er for us to take anything other than these two positions at 11.

Also will add that if Taylor wants a QB at 11 and we did delve into FA beforehand i would be okay with it.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 08:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, DT, DE or even CB would not be terrible to me if we don't bring back Dennard.

We need to stop the run, rush the passer and CB is a position you have to continually stock up. The Defense needs a lot of help even though LB is definately the biggest weakness. But i think we need to really delve into FA for OL and LB'er for us to take anything other than these two positions at 11.

Also will add that if Taylor wants a QB at 11 and we did delve into FA beforehand i would be okay with it.

I could be OK with CB but I don't think that helps the team as much for 2019. I think CB, if taken, should be as a planned replacement for Dre Kirkpatrick, who still has three years left on his deal but only would have dead cap of $2.8 mill in 2020 and $1.4 mill in 2021.

Plus, I think adding DL to get a better pass rush will help the CBs because they wouldn't have to cover as long. I know some people might be mad if Christian Wilkins from Clemson was taken over someone like Ed Oliver, but Wilkins has proven season after season that he can get after the QB and also play every single position along the DL, even at 300-315 lbs. Wilkins would give the Bengals that true inside pass rusher on the DL next to Atkins that they haven't had since 2013 Wallace Gilberry (7+ sacks). He's also a good run defender, which the Bengals need help with too.

Here's a quote from Chris Trapasso on Christian Wilkins back in October...
Chris Trapasso Wrote:He's more Akiem Hicks or Michael Pierce, two underrated but vital pieces for the Bears and Ravens -- stout run-defenders first who provide quality pass-rush at times -- than he is the much flashier Aaron Donald or Geno Atkins.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-draft-2019-clemsons-christian-wilkins-surprisingly-an-underrated-prospect-in-senior-season/
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 03:44 PM)Takedown Wrote: Beat me to it to be honest..... ThumbsUp

Remember this,your first pick has to be a play-maker and a difference maker,O-line or D-line,and get the top player in his position.Our needs and BPA are one and the same.Must take the top lineman,either side.And that's the only pick I would go after.I so wish they would allow me to make this pick.There is only about 3 O-lineman this year that is worthy of pick 11 and about 5 D-lineman.Get one of these and move on to the next pick.Needs are O-lineman at least two,D-line at least 3, maybe 2 linebackers, a tight-end, two corners,and a safety.We have super talented wrs.We do not need another one.Just get the ones we have HEALTHY :andy: ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 11:05 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I could be OK with CB but I don't think that helps the team as much for 2019. I think CB, if taken, should be as a planned replacement for Dre Kirkpatrick, who still has three years left on his deal but only would have dead cap of $2.8 mill in 2020 and $1.4 mill in 2021.

Plus, I think adding DL to get a better pass rush will help the CBs because they wouldn't have to cover as long. I know some people might be mad if Christian Wilkins from Clemson was taken over someone like Ed Oliver, but Wilkins has proven season after season that he can get after the QB and also play every single position along the DL, even at 300-315 lbs. Wilkins would give the Bengals that true inside pass rusher on the DL next to Atkins that they haven't had since 2013 Wallace Gilberry (7+ sacks). He's also a good run defender, which the Bengals need help with too.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-draft-2019-clemsons-christian-wilkins-surprisingly-an-underrated-prospect-in-senior-season/

Nice Ocho, always liked Wilkins actually would be happy with that pick. He would be great insurance for when Geno is eventually done or in case Billings doesn't pan out. I just hope we make those essential moves in FA at LB and OL that would make the pick even better. The thing about Wilkins is like you show here, he can do it all, stop the run and rush the passer, he is no one trick pony like Peko was for us.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 03:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice Ocho, always liked Wilkins actually would be happy with that pick. He would be great insurance for when Geno is eventually done or in case Billings doesn't pan out. I just hope we make those essential moves in FA at LB and OL that would make the pick even better. The thing about Wilkins is like you show here, he can do it all, stop the run and rush the passer, he is no one trick pony like Peko was for us.

Yea, that's the thing with Wilkins. He's just a damn good football player. He's proven. He may not be the best in the class at pass rush, but he can rush the passer rather well, play the run really well, and can play across the line. Plus, he's not undersized. 

If the team wanted to make sure they get a really good player, you can't go wrong with Wilkins.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 11:05 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I could be OK with CB but I don't think that helps the team as much for 2019. I think CB, if taken, should be as a planned replacement for Dre Kirkpatrick, who still has three years left on his deal but only would have dead cap of $2.8 mill in 2020 and $1.4 mill in 2021.

I could see a DL or CB. Overall our Dline was a pretty big letdown last season. And I'm not crazy about Dennard or Dre K.
Reply/Quote
If I had to pick a position group outside of LB and OT, I would have to go with DE, only because the talent is so stocked at this position.

However, if the DE available isn't the guy they absolutely love and isn't a supremely high rated prospect (by the Bengals) then I would seriously be looking at trying to trade down with a team that wants a QB. The Bengals will need to have starting quality depth at CB, LB, DT, and OT all in this draft and free agency period. More picks can only help.
Reply/Quote
Latest USA Today mock has us taking Cody Ford.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-mock-draft-feb-18-2019/ss-BBTLKuG?ocid=spartanntp#image=11

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 12:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Latest USA Today mock has us taking Cody Ford.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-mock-draft-feb-18-2019/ss-BBTLKuG?ocid=spartanntp#image=11

Bosa, Josh Allen, Quinnen Williams, Gary, Oliver, White, Jonah Williams, Greedy Williams, Murray, and Haskins all off the board by 11?
That's like a nightmare scenario. Not only would the (assuming) top Bengal targets be off the board, but so would the two QBs that teams would most likely be looking to trade up for. 
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote