Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which player/position would be most satisfied with at 11 aside from LB/OL?
(02-07-2019, 11:43 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: QB

If Drew Lock is still there at 11 I bet they're tempted.
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
Ed oliver

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:44 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: If Drew Lock is still there at 11 I bet they're tempted.

I have 0 interest in Drew Lock. The guy is all arm strength and no accuracy or touch. I also question if he can read complex defenses based on some tape I watched. At that point I'd rather wait until the 3rd or 4th and get a project QB. 
Reply/Quote
Nick Bosa or Josh Allen - This isn't a huge need but if somehow they fell to us then no way you can pass on that talent.

Ed Oliver - it is a passing league and pairing him with Geno, Dunlap, and Lawson to rush the passer would be fun to watch.

Dwayne Haskins - Unlikely he falls to pick #11 but I think he will be a franchise QB and wouldn't pass that up even if he sits for a year.

TJ Hockenson - Pick #11 might seem a little bit early but adding him to an offense with Mixon, Green, and Boyd would make things exciting.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 10:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: I have 0 interest in Drew Lock. The guy is all arm strength and no accuracy or touch. I also question if he can read complex defenses based on some tape I watched. At that point I'd rather wait until the 3rd or 4th and get a project QB. 

I would still take Drew Lock this year over Josh Allen last year. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 11:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I would still take Drew Lock this year over Josh Allen last year. 

I'm actually still higher on Allen than Lock if that tells you my thoughts on Lock. I think they are similar but Allen at least has a better arm and bit more size and running ability to his game to save him. 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 11:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'm actually still higher on Allen than Lock if that tells you my thoughts on Lock. I think they are similar but Allen at least has a better arm and bit more size and running ability to his game to save him. 

Allen had abysmal accuracy in a very weak conference which was a huge concern for me. He continued to display that inaccuracy in his first year in the NFL.
12 games played (11 started), 52.8% completion, 2074 yards (2000 yards in his starts, which equates to 181 YPG), 10 TDs, 12 INT.
He did run for 631 yards and 8 TDs though.

I don't have confidence he's going to magically become an accurate passer, but he can run.

Lock, meanwhile, passed for nearly 3500 yards at 63% completion with 28 TDs and 8 INTs this past season in the SEC. But he's not a runner.
I've never liked inaccurate QBs, but I have more confidence in Lock over Allen when it comes to becoming a good starter in the NFL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 11:48 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Allen had abysmal accuracy in a very weak conference which was a huge concern for me. He continued to display that inaccuracy in his first year in the NFL.
12 games played (11 started), 52.8% completion, 2074 yards (2000 yards in his starts, which equates to 181 YPG), 10 TDs, 12 INT.
He did run for 631 yards and 8 TDs though.

I don't have confidence he's going to magically become an accurate passer, but he can run.

Lock, meanwhile, passed for nearly 3500 yards at 63% completion with 28 TDs and 8 INTs this past season in the SEC. But he's not a runner.
I've never liked inaccurate QBs, but I have more confidence in Lock over Allen when it comes to becoming a good starter in the NFL.

Drew Locke's stats are a mirage. Against good defenses he was a sub 50% passer way too often. Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Kentucky (55%). That is not acceptable and when you turn on the actual tape you see a guy that has serious ball placement issues. He throws a very pretty deep ball but from 20 yards in his inaccuracy is just perplexing. I don't think either make it, but I think with the way the NFL is trending Allen at least has the legs and size to take off and take some hits while he holds the ball too long.

Also I'd note, Allen had 0 receiving threats this year in Buffalo. If they want him to succeed they need to go all in on weapons.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 11:54 AM)Au165 Wrote: Drew Locke's stats are a mirage. Against good defenses he was a sub 50% passer way too often. Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Kentucky (55%). That is not acceptable and when you turn on the actual tape you see a guy that has serious ball placement issues. He throws a very pretty deep ball but from 20 yards in his inaccuracy is just perplexing. I don't think either make it, but I think with the way the NFL is trending Allen at least has the legs and size to take off and take some hits while he holds the ball too long.

Also I'd note, Allen had 0 receiving threats this year in Buffalo. If they want him to succeed they need to go all in on weapons.

If you get Allen weapons including a run game, I can see him becoming Joe Flacco. I honestly don't see a higher ceiling than that.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 12:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you get Allen weapons including a run game, I can see him becoming Joe Flacco. I honestly don't see a higher ceiling than that.

He'd be a mobile Flacco which you can win with in this league. I just don't believe Lock has much in terms of redeeming values.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 04:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea, that's the thing with Wilkins. He's just a damn good football player. He's proven. He may not be the best in the class at pass rush, but he can rush the passer rather well, play the run really well, and can play across the line. Plus, he's not undersized. 

If the team wanted to make sure they get a really good player, you can't go wrong with Wilkins.

I've also read that he's an incredibly hard worker and coaches can't speak highly enough of his character. Might be a good pick to start the Taylor era. 
Reply/Quote
Haskins, murray, oliver, allen.

The only one that has a chance to be there is murray. Its very likely this pick is devin white or whichever olineman they like best. I would take white because draft seems to be deeper at the line and hopefully we could grab some good lineman in 2 and 3.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 10:19 AM)Synric Wrote: He's more of a 4.5 guy and even if he runs in the 4.4s it will be a build up speed like Josh Malones 4.40 not explosive out of the blocks.

What I have read about Henry is that he has outstanding short-area quickness for such a big frame.  People constantly miss him after the catch because of his quick first step.  
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 10:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: I have 0 interest in Drew Lock. The guy is all arm strength and no accuracy or touch. I also question if he can read complex defenses based on some tape I watched. At that point I'd rather wait until the 3rd or 4th and get a project QB. 

This.  My only interest in him is fake and hoping a team like Miami wants to trade up to get him.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I'm a big fan of Jackson later on.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 12:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Latest USA Today mock has us taking Cody Ford.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-mock-draft-feb-18-2019/ss-BBTLKuG?ocid=spartanntp#image=11

All for it as long as we get a good Linebacker in FA.

(02-21-2019, 03:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bosa, Josh Allen, Quinnen Williams, Gary, Oliver, White, Jonah Williams, Greedy Williams, Murray, and Haskins all off the board by 11?
That's like a nightmare scenario. Not only would the (assuming) top Bengal targets be off the board, but so would the two QBs that teams would most likely be looking to trade up for. 

Still like Ford would really help the right side of the Line big time. Hell of an upgrade over Hart.
Reply/Quote
It would be nice if the front office made some moves in free agency so they can draft the best player available.
Reply/Quote