Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which players would you keep?
My question to you:

If we were to start from a blank canvas next year, which players would you keep given their draft spot?

For example, would you rather keep AJ Green and have him on the team next year, or would you rather have a first round draft pick and have the opportunity to replace him? Would you keep John Ross or would you rather have ANOTHER first round pick?

Assume the Bengals get a spot in the draft next year for EVERY one of their players at the position they were previously taken.

If you value a guy more than the draft pick, then you would say you are keeping him. This isn't based on age/how many years they have been in the league or taking their future into account...its purely based on what they have done for the Bengals and their ability RIGHT NOW. Also, lets ignore the undrafted guys (Burfict).

These are the guys im keeping:
AJ Green - First round pick
Joe Mixon - Second round pick
Geno Atkins - Fourth round pick
Tyler Boyd - Second round pick
William Jackson - First round pick

Notables I would not keep:
Andy Dalton - Second round pick
Carlos Dunlap - Second round pick
Dre Kirk - First round pick
Billy Price - First round pick
Gio Bernard - Second round pick
John Ross - First round pick

If the Bengals were to redraft next year, I would be fine with them giving up the above players to gain those spots in the draft and the chance to redraft players.

I think this little exercise shows you just how depleted we are and just how much talent we actually lack. We have first and second round picks on the team that haven't been playing like it this year. The fact that I would only keep 5 guys on this current roster compared to their draft position value is staggering.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I’d add Bates to the list of keepers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
You keep Price.

Everyone else is expendable

Three years, the Bengals are back in the Playoffs

Five years, the Bengals are contending for a Super Bowl

The thing is, Mike Brown has to STAY OUT OF FOOTBALL and only sign checks
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Keep Gio Bernard, man... come on.
Reply/Quote
I would only keep Cody Core - because you should always keep a reminder of how shitty you used to be.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Just like with the sorry stinking Reds, first they need a New Head Coach and Staff. Then, if the new coach wants to get rid of everybody on the team, that is OK by me.

I see the list the OP put out. I'm not sure what his problem is with rookie Price. Price had the injury. It's way too early to give up on Price. If I was pointing out players to cut, it wouldn't start with Price. I would start with Eifert and Burfict who every year miss more games than they play. We need a whole new concept at Linebacker and Safety which means new players there. We still need more help at O Line, tackles and guards. We aren't deep enough at WR. We could do better at Running Back. A new coach needs to be able to make major changes. The D is Bad, The Offense is Bad. Not enough speed on Defense. LB's can't pass cover. Safeties are weak. CB's are over rated. D Line over rated. Just not enough good players on offense or defense. Just a very bad team.

I've said Reds need to change players if it means trading Votto to get pitching & players to get out of Last. Bengals also need to make huge changes. Hopefully Cincinnati can come up with one sports team not floundering in last place. The Bengals keep counting on Burfict and Eifert, and seem surprised when they can't suit up and play every year. Burfict no longer looks good when he plays. In fact Bengals win more when he doesn't play each year, Bengals started 2015 well with Burfict out. Bengals started 2018 well with Burfict out. Team seems to win more without him. Let him be suspended or injured on another team. He flat out can't pass cover. The NFL is throwing the ball, and Bengals D too slow to pass cover.

Old sports owner said , " If we can finish in last with you, we can finish no worse than last without you ".
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Release/Trade

Burfict
Eifert(not resigned)
Vinny Rey
Cedric the Unemployed
Dre Kirkpatrick
Michael Johnson
Bobby Hart
Andy Dalton Trade Jacksonville

Everyone acts like this entire roster is worthless but look at the list of people on IR this year.

Kroft
Glasgow
Tupou
Lawson
Schreck
Brown

we had some of our best young guys sidelined this year. How much better would the pass rush have looked with Lawson playing or the run defense with Glasgow and Brown.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:03 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Keep Gio Bernard, man... come on.

Im not keeping Gio for a second round pick. His production doesn't warrant that, especially with Mixon in the fold now. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:01 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: You keep Price.

Everyone else is expendable

Three years, the Bengals are back in the Playoffs

Five years, the Bengals are contending for a Super Bowl

The thing is, Mike Brown has to STAY OUT OF FOOTBALL and only sign checks

Price has looked awful so far this year. Im willing to take the first round pick and redraft a center. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:38 PM)Okeana Wrote: Release/Trade

Burfict
Eifert(not resigned)
Vinny Rey
Cedric the Unemployed
Dre Kirkpatrick
Michael Johnson
Bobby Hart
Andy Dalton     Trade Jacksonville

Everyone acts like this entire roster is worthless but look at the list of people on IR this year.  

Kroft
Glasgow
Tupou
Lawson
Schreck
Brown

we had some of our best young guys sidelined this year.   How much better would the pass rush have looked with Lawson playing or the run defense with Glasgow and Brown.

I would keep Lawson for a 4th round pick as well. I forgot about him. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im not keeping Gio for a second round pick. His production doesn't warrant that, especially with Mixon in the fold now. 

I get what you're saying, but I think his production is more on the coaching and their usage of him than on Gio.  There is NO excuse why this guy isn't at least putting up NO Darren Sproles type numbers.  None.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
IF you could trade John Ross for a 1st Round pick...you do that immediately.
Dennard and Kirkpatrick are other guys I'd take a 1st for.
Reply/Quote
I’m definitely worried about the Billy Price pick at this point. Maybe it’s s matter of needing better players around him, but he’s been a disappointment to say the least.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: I get what you're saying, but I think his production is more on the coaching and their usage of him than on Gio.  There is NO excuse why this guy isn't at least putting up NO Darren Sproles type numbers.  None.

Agree 100%. At times he looks more effective than Mixon. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF you could trade John Ross for a 1st Round pick...you do that immediately.

Forgot about Dennard. My God we have missed on a lot of first round picks lately. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF you could trade John Ross for a 1st Round pick...you do that immediately.

If someone was dumb enough to pay a first for Dennard or Kirk I would drive them there personally. Maybe a creative coach might give a 2 for Ross.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:22 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: If someone was dumb enough to pay a first for Dennard or Kirk I would drive them there personally. Maybe a creative coach might give a 2 for Ross.

It's not a team paying, it's saying we're ditching this player for the draft pick we originally picked him with and doing it over again.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:29 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: It's not a team paying, it's saying we're ditching this player for the draft pick we originally picked him with and doing it over again.

Oh , ok My bad. Yeah I would definitely go back to the Og and Fischer draft and do that shit over.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Forgot about Dennard. My God we have missed on a lot of first round picks lately. 

Yeah and we didn't even count Ced.

I might take a 1st Round pick for Price too.
Reply/Quote
A lot of people here have no idea what a gamble even first and second round picks can be. Half of the second round picks from the '17 draft are still not starters in the league.

Our 3rd round DE (Hubbard) has 4 sacks in 12 games. Let's look at DEs taken in the first round of the '17 draft. Solomon Thomas (3rd overall pick) has 4 in 26 games. Derek Barnett (14th) has 7.5 in 21 games. Jonathan Allen (17th) has 6 in 17 games. Taco Charlton (28th) has 4 in 25 games.

Everyone talks about what big bust Ross is, but the guy taken 2 picks HIGHER than him (Mike Williams) only has 38 receptions in 22 games.

You going to replace Boling with a fourth round pick? Since 2011 when we drafted Boling there have been 46 offensive linemen taken in the fourth round. Only 9 of them have started more than 32 games. Boling has started 105.

I could go on and on, but the fact is that you can't just easily make better picks than the Bengals have. The draft is a crap shoot even in the early rounds.
Reply/Quote