Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which players would you keep?
I'd keep Green and Eifert. Maybe Dalton, at least until we found a solid replacement. He's a mediocre QB but he gets the job done enough to the point that I'd keep him until someone better came along.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:53 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Price has looked awful so far this year. Im willing to take the first round pick and redraft a center. 

And then go through the same thing all over again.  At the very worst, he would be an upgrade at RG. 

And I am not making a decision on Ross until I see him in the hands of a competent OC.

Since you're only keeping five, where are the other 48 coming from?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Keep the 4th Rounders:

Clint Boling
Geno Atkins
Carl Lawson
Ryan Glascow

Keep VB and Try Hopkins because they don't cost a draft pick.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:30 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My question to you:

If we were to start from a blank canvas next year, which players would you keep given their draft spot?

For example, would you rather keep AJ Green and have him on the team next year, or would you rather have a first round draft pick and have the opportunity to replace him? Would you keep John Ross or would you rather have ANOTHER first round pick?

Assume the Bengals get a spot in the draft next year for EVERY one of their players at the position they were previously taken.

If you value a guy more than the draft pick, then you would say you are keeping him. This isn't based on age/how many years they have been in the league or taking their future into account...its purely based on what they have done for the Bengals and their ability RIGHT NOW. Also, lets ignore the undrafted guys (Burfict).

These are the guys im keeping:
AJ Green - First round pick
Joe Mixon - Second round pick
Geno Atkins - Fourth round pick
Tyler Boyd - Second round pick
William Jackson - First round pick

Notables I would not keep:  
Andy Dalton - Second round pick
Carlos Dunlap - Second round pick
Dre Kirk - First round pick
Billy Price - First round pick
Gio Bernard - Second round pick
John Ross - First round pick

If the Bengals were to redraft next year, I would be fine with them giving up the above players to gain those spots in the draft and the chance to redraft players.

I think this little exercise shows you just how depleted we are and just how much talent we actually lack. We have first and second round picks on the team that haven't been playing like it this year. The fact that I would only keep 5 guys on this current roster compared to their draft position value is staggering.

We finally draft a Center early and you give up on him before he even gets a handful of games under his belt?

Dunlap and Gio will be here, Dunlap just signed a longterm extension before the season. Gio is still a damn good
RB for us. Also i would not be giving up on Ross this early yet either. We have a talented roster, what we need is
decent coaches, not draft picks, the Draft is a crapshoot Weezy.

Cannot move on from Dalton either until we know what we have behind him.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We finally draft a Center early and you give up on him before he even gets a handful of games under his belt?

Dunlap and Gio will be here, Dunlap just signed a longterm extension before the season. Gio is still a damn good
RB for us. Also i would not be giving up on Ross this early yet either. We have a talented roster, what we need is
decent coaches, not draft picks, the Draft is a crapshoot Weezy.

Cannot move on from Dalton either until we know what we have behind him.

Im not giving up on him, I'd rather just have another first round pick that has more potential than Price. From the sample size ive seen of Price so far this year...he aint it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 03:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im not giving up on him, I'd rather just have another first round pick that has more potential than Price. From the sample size ive seen of Price so far this year...he aint it. 

Price had more potential than any Center in the last Draft. Great anchor, great run blocker, smart, all he needed
to really work on was his pass protection. I liked Ragnow a touch better cause i thought he was more pro ready
but as far as potential Price had more. We will see how he looks when he doesn't have Redmond and Hopkins on
both sides of him. These guys were terrible against the Broncos and Redmond has been bad all year.

Price just needs to stay healthy and his game can grow.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 04:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Price had more potential than any Center in the last Draft. Great anchor, great run blocker, smart, all he needed
to really work on was his pass protection. I liked Ragnow a touch better cause i thought he was more pro ready
but as far as potential Price had more. We will see how he looks when he doesn't have Redmond and Hopkins on
both sides of him. These guys were terrible against the Broncos and Redmond has been bad all year.

Price just needs to stay healthy and his game can grow.

James Daniels had the most potential. Frank Ragnow was the most pro ready. Price...won the Rimmington.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 04:06 PM)Synric Wrote: James Daniels had the most potential. Frank Ragnow was the most pro ready. Price...won the Rimmington.

Eh, i think we just disagree on this one Synric, i never liked Daniels size and strength combination.

Atleast not near as much as Price or Ragnow. Daniels was the best technician of the three.

How has Daniels been looking in the pros BTW? Honest question?

Have seen Ragnow on the Lions and he has had troubles just the same as Price.
Reply/Quote
Cordy Glenn is the toughest one to decide for me. Forget that we didn't draft him and that makes the formula tougher, I'm just not sure he should be kept at his annual salary based on his performance/availabilty.

Unfortunately for us, he's still far and away the best OT on the team, and not far from being the best o-lineman overall. That's a sad state of affairs right there. He's a guy I'd look to release or restructure of they can draft a first round OT. Perhaps move him to RT or guard to fill another hole of new personnel comes in. I just can't see giving a guy like him LT money to either disappoint or not play.

He gets by a bit because his predecessor (Ced) was a disaster, but he's not been great this year and probably needs replaced soon.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 04:46 PM)samhain Wrote: Cordy Glenn is the toughest one to decide for me.  Forget that we didn't draft him and that makes the formula tougher, I'm just not sure he should be kept at his annual salary based on his performance/availabilty.

Unfortunately for us, he's still far and away the best OT on the team, and not far from being the best o-lineman overall.  That's a sad state of affairs right there.  He's a guy I'd look to release or restructure of they can draft a first round OT.  Perhaps move him to RT or guard to fill another hole of new personnel comes in.  I just can't see giving a guy like him LT money to either disappoint or not play.  

He gets by a bit because his predecessor (Ced) was a disaster, but he's not been great this year and probably needs replaced soon.

I think Glenn's biggest problem is he's too damn fat.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 04:46 PM)samhain Wrote: Cordy Glenn is the toughest one to decide for me.  Forget that we didn't draft him and that makes the formula tougher, I'm just not sure he should be kept at his annual salary based on his performance/availabilty.

Unfortunately for us, he's still far and away the best OT on the team, and not far from being the best o-lineman overall.  That's a sad state of affairs right there.  He's a guy I'd look to release or restructure of they can draft a first round OT.  Perhaps move him to RT or guard to fill another hole of new personnel comes in.  I just can't see giving a guy like him LT money to either disappoint or not play.  

Great point, he sure hasn't played near as good as i thought he would here that is for damn sure.

(12-05-2018, 04:47 PM)McC Wrote: I think Glenn's biggest problem is he's too damn fat.

Yeah, kind of hard to handle speed rushers when you are that big.
Reply/Quote
I’d keep most of the roster. Would be a really long rebuild starting from scratch. There are a few high profile guys I’d move on from to change the face/culture/turn the page of current team:

Dalton
Eifert
Ced, Fish and Redmond
Burfict and Rey
MJ
DreK and Williams
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 04:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, i think we just disagree on this one Synric, i never liked Daniels size and strength combination.

Atleast not near as much as Price or Ragnow. Daniels was the best technician of the three.

How has Daniels been looking in the pros BTW? Honest question?

Have seen Ragnow on the Lions and he has had troubles just the same as Price.

I know PFF isn't gospel but it's a solid place to start. Here are their grades so far this year.

Daniels - 63.6
Ragnow - 59.9
Price - 50.9
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 06:27 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I know PFF isn't gospel but it's a solid place to start. Here are their grades so far this year.

Daniels - 63.6
Ragnow - 59.9
Price - 50.9

So they've all sucked.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 06:27 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I know PFF isn't gospel but it's a solid place to start. Here are their grades so far this year.

Daniels - 63.6
Ragnow - 59.9
Price - 50.9

Daniels was my pick of the litter during the draft. Many are missing the fact that he's just a baby and IMO will have the best career of the 3. Hopefully I'm wrong and Price is wearing a Gold Jacket one day. 

Also Price is the only one playing Center. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Daniels - 63.6
Ragnow - 59.9
Price - 50.9

Thanks MR. Not too good but they are all rookies and Price has had a really bad RG next to him like the worst
in the league and last game had Hopkins playing terrible on the other side. Not much of an excuse but i still
think that Price having another year in the system under Pollack and us adding some decent Guards around
him will help immensely.

(12-05-2018, 09:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Daniels was my pick of the litter during the draft. Many are missing the fact that he's just a baby and IMO will have the best career of the 3. Hopefully I'm wrong and Price is wearing a Gold Jacket one day. 

Also Price is the only one playing Center. 

Yeah, we argued for our Centers a lot, i was for Ragnow the most but was really happy with Price as well when
we got him. Knew that Ragnow was playing Guard and now knowing Daniels has been as well is good to know.

Might be a harder transition from a college Center to an NFL Center than going Guard, who knows?

The injuries sure haven't helped out Price.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:38 PM)Okeana Wrote: Release/Trade

Burfict
Eifert(not resigned)
Vinny Rey
Cedric the Unemployed
Dre Kirkpatrick
Michael Johnson
Bobby Hart
Andy Dalton     Trade Jacksonville

Everyone acts like this entire roster is worthless but look at the list of people on IR this year.  

Kroft
Glasgow
Tupou
Lawson
Schreck
Brown

we had some of our best young guys sidelined this year.   How much better would the pass rush have looked with Lawson playing or the run defense with Glasgow and Brown.

I'm not meaning to say there is an identical comparison, but imagine if KC was missing (Bengals player in parentheses)...
Tyreek Hill (AJ Green)
Travis Kelce (Tyler Eifert)
Dee Ford (Carl Lawson)
Patrick Mahomes (Andy Dalton)
Anthony Hitchens (Preston Brown)

And for a handful of games...
Kareem Hunt/Spencer Ware (Joe Mixon/Giovani Bernard)
Chris Conley (John Ross)
Reggie Ragland (Nick Vigil/Vontaze Burfict)

I think it's pretty obvious how decimated the Chiefs would be if they were missing out on those players right now. That's part of why the Bengals started out 4-1 but are now 5-7.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote