Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Comparing mock draft simulator grades to the actual draft
So I was digging through a mock draft I made on Wednesday just to see where each of our picks went in the draft.

Burrow went #1 in both (obviously)

Higgins went #33 in real life, #59 in the simulation

Wilson went #65 in real life, #104 in the simulation

ADG went #107 in real life, #83 in the simulation

Kareem went #147 in real life, #98 in the simulation

Adeniji went #180 in real life, #139 in the simulation

Bailey went #215 in real life, #140 in the simulation

Compared to the simulation, we got Bailey 3 rounds later than expected, Adeniji 2 rounds later than expected, Kareem 2 rounds later than expected and ADG 1 round later than expected.

Higgins and Wilson were taken earlier in real life than in the simulation, but they were both taken in the same round as in real life.

In all 7 rounds, we didn't take a single player in a lower round than they were simulated in and all of our day 3 picks were at least 1 round's worth of "value," based on TDN's board (which I believe a majority of us used to some degree).

This is probably the best draft class of my life time, at least in regards to perceived value based on pre-draft ratings.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:56 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So I was digging through a mock draft I made on Wednesday just to see where each of our picks went in the draft.

Burrow went #1 in both (obviously)

Higgins went #33 in real life, #59 in the simulation

Wilson went #65 in real life, #104 in the simulation

ADG went #107 in real life, #83 in the simulation

Kareem went #147 in real life, #98 in the simulation

Adeniji went #180 in real life, #139 in the simulation

Bailey went #215 in real life, #140 in the simulation

Compared to the simulation, we got Bailey 3 rounds later than expected, Adeniji 2 rounds later than expected, Kareem 2 rounds later than expected and ADG 1 round later than expected.

Higgins and Wilson were taken earlier in real life than in the simulation, but they were both taken in the same round as in real life.

In all 7 rounds, we didn't take a single player in a lower round than they were simulated in and all of our day 3 picks were at least 1 round's worth of "value," based on TDN's board (which I believe a majority of us used to some degree).

This is probably the best draft class of my life time, at least in regards to perceived value based on pre-draft ratings.

Good stuff.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
According to this, we hit a home run on day 3. They did a good job picking 1st on all 4 of those picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice information!
Reply/Quote
From top to bottom it very well could be the best in terms of value.

The best I can remember was the year we got Andre Smith, Rey Maualuga and Micheal Johnson in the first 3 rounds. All were considered to be top 10 picks at some point.
Reply/Quote
Very interesting take, good stuff. Thanks for posting.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote