Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which position is best outside FA option for Bengals?
LBer and Center are must haves. Both should be upgraded through FA throwing caution to the wind. If 2017 is Marvin's final chance, then they need to be aggressive at these two spots in FA.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
I guess my thought agree with several other members, the team has too many other needs to go high with OT in this draft. Looking at that upcoming FA list, I was encouraged to see plenty of RTs about to hit the market. Byron Bell looks like as good a candidate as any, solid player in mid-career, shouldn't be a bank breaker to sign.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:11 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: sign Jamie Collins. He gives something this LB corp has been lacking for years -a LB who can cover both TEs and RBs as well as blitz. With him as coverage LB and Tez working the other side the D will have playmakers

I would also target Sheldon Richardson. His stock has fallen but he is an athletic DE ego can slide inside on passing downs.

Dump Mauluaga, Johnson, Rey, Peko and use the money to upgrade playmakers.

I agree time to cut Ray M. And sign Collins
Draft a stud DE pass rusher in round 1
Sign Whitt
Sign Dre (know some disagree)
Sign Zeigler and Rex and Peko
Get healthy and hope Jackson and Billings pay to their talent in 2017
Sign LeFell
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
We're going to need a DE in FA.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:11 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: sign Jamie Collins. He gives something this LB corp has been lacking for years  -a LB who can cover both TEs and RBs as well as blitz. With him as coverage LB and Tez working the other side the D will have playmakers

I would also target Sheldon Richardson. His stock has fallen but he is an athletic DE ego can slide inside on passing downs.

Dump Mauluaga, Johnson, Rey, Peko and use the money to upgrade playmakers.

I'm assuming that you mean Vincent Rey, as you have Rey Maualuga listed separately.  And, I cannot agree with that.  Vinny Rey has been the ultimate team player.  He does whatever the team asks, and usually pretty darn well.  Remember the year he had to play MLB, when Maualuga was injured?  Even though his body isn't cut out for the job, he did well the majority of the time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 03:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think there's little doubt the O-line has to be addressed in the off season or we're in for another long season next year. Here's a copy and paste from the NFL website:

8. Cincinnati Bengals 

2016 record: 5-9-1 (.527) 
Top needs: C, LB, Edge 
Analysis: Cincinnati has to find a way to get its running game going, and that might mean looking for help on the interior offensive line. The Bengals could use some edge speed in order to challenge opposing tackles. Adding more athleticism at LB is a priority for the team.

And I agree, it starts at center. If we're going to make a serious run back to the playoffs we must go find a top shelf center. I agree though we also need a vet tackle in FA just for the in case's.

I wouldn't mind a top shelf LB as well like Zach Brown - Bills.

To sun it up I strongly feel to have any chance a couple upper tier FA's are a must. C, OT, LB, DE we need two of these four from the FA pool.

We all know the problem there though.

Dave Lapham was talking about Ogbuehi and Fisher having shoulder injuries, with Fisher's being bad enough to require surgery. I saw this on the embedded video in "Lewis convenes..." on the mother ship.

As it stands now, we have TJ Johnson as an RFA and our only OT talent under contract is Ogbuehi and Fisher (both with shoulder injuries). So Whit and Zeitler as free agents, Boling needing serious rehabbing over the winter, and Bodine not setting the world on fire to round out one serious assessment - we're in deep do-do OLine-wise.  

Just wondering how we emerge from this season's catastrophe without being worse in '17? Will we be able to re-sign Whit and Zeitler to maintain status quo? 
Who replaces Winston? We need more than just TJ as an oline/tackle backup. Has Bodine improved enough to keep his job? Will Fisher be healthy enough to continue progressing as our future RT? Should we even speculate about Ogbuehi having any future, now with him having 3 injuries in 2 years? Has Hopkins just been denied showing his potential, or does he need upgrading? If this doesn't get straightened, brace yourself for a lot more 12-10 type losses. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 02:02 AM)J24 Wrote: Wr- they were willing to spend 8 million on Jones wouldn't be surprised if they spend that much on a WR this year. Guys I would be on the lookout for would be Michael Floyd and Kenny Stills.

Floyd was pretty bad in Arizona this year.
Reply/Quote
I'd look at guys like Prince Amukamara at CB.

TJ Lang at Guard IF Zeitler leaves. Matt Kalil at Tackle.

I could see them looking at Glenn Dorsey at DT.
Reply/Quote
We generally like former 1st Round busts...which would be guys like Jarvis Jones and Cordarelle Patterson.
Reply/Quote
we have needed a center for 10 years.

The bigger need is O line coach who won't cut the center and played Og at RT for 9 or 10 games.
Reply/Quote
Brian Quick and Latavius Murray.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote