Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which position or players are better this year than last year?
Josh Shaw? Really all I've got.
Reply/Quote
Dunlap , AJ Green, Gio, Dre, n i guess .... nv thats it .. maualuga n bodine got even worse . If that was possible
Reply/Quote
Dansby is better than Hawk/Lamur at SLB.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 02:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't see how WR isn't a top 2 need  

They think pretty highy of Tyler Boyd, and we don't know what we have in Core yet. 

We have way bigger needs, imo. Mainly, C, LB, S. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
#2 WR. LaFell has more catches, yards, and tied with TD than MLJ did 5 games in last year.

Nuge- Better percentage FG and PAT at the same time last year. More pints, longer FGs

Backup DEs

Center

LG

SLB

#2 CB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 10:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: #2 WR. LaFell has more catches, yards, and tied with TD than MLJ did 5 games in last year.

Nuge- Better percentage FG and PAT at the same time last year. More pints, longer FGs

Backup DEs

Center

LG

SLB

#2 CB

Ahhhh. So that's the key to his higher percentage this year. He's getting tanked before games. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 02:57 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Josh Shaw?  Really all I've got.

Agreed , Shaw also played more in the slot than Dennard vs. Dallas.  Jim Owczarski said it was due to the fact that the Bengals wanted a  bigger body vs the run against Dallas and  that's why he started but it could be saying something going forward about how the team feels about Dennard.  I know he is shaking off some rust but I had high hopes for Dennard this year and so far he's been a disappointment.  
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 09:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They think pretty highy of Tyler Boyd, and we don't know what we have in Core yet. 

We have way bigger needs, imo. Mainly, C, LB, S. 

I'm pretty high on Boyd as well, but he's not going to be a guy that stretches the field and fills in as a #2 type WR.  He's more of a slot guy.

LaFell has put up some nice numbers, but it's obvious that the defenses don't respect him enough to take any attention away from AJ.  We need somebody, like Marvin Jones, who can truly burn other teams if they roll too much to AJ.  WR is a huge reason why this team's offense is struggling.

S isn't a need.  We have 2 guys signed long term and a pretty good backup in Derron Smith.

C has been the #1 need for 5 years now.  I don't know why that never changes, but it always seems to be need #1.
Reply/Quote
We need Eifert back and honestly we could use

A RT, C, HB, WR, DE, LB, S, Tate back
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 11:02 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: We need Eifert back and honestly we could use

A RT, C, HB, WR, DE, LB, S, Tate back

[Image: fa7d713d9a2a2fb1624cc4ee86cad0231dcf07c6...2466a6.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 02:57 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Josh Shaw?  Really all I've got.

Cannot believe i forgot about Shaw, he might of had a rough game against the Cowboys but everybody but Lafell pretty
much did. Shaw has been great this season. So my full list now is Shaw, Kirkpatrick, Clarke, Hunt, Dansby and i am adding
Lafell who has done well for just being added to a new team.

People saying they only have one are not looking at the full spectrum of play yet this year.

Lots of of the new players should improve once the season goes on like Boyd, Uzomah, Ogbuehi, Fisher, Lafell, Dansby,
Vigil, Shawn should improve. Hopefully our entire OL improves, this has to or we are not going back to the Playoffs. Andy
has played admirably considering. I know he doesn't have the stats besides yards but who can blame him?

Gio and especially Hill need to improve as well, but if there are no holes who can blame them either?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 11:59 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cannot believe i forgot about Shaw, he might of had a rough game against the Cowboys but everybody but Lafell pretty
much did. Shaw has been great this season. So my full list now is Shaw, Kirkpatrick, Clarke, Hunt, Dansby and i am adding
Lafell who has done well for just being added to a new team.

People saying they only have one are not looking at the full spectrum of play yet this year.

Lots of of the new players should improve once the season goes on like Boyd, Uzomah, Ogbuehi, Fisher, Lafell, Dansby,
Vigil, Shawn should improve. Hopefully our entire OL improves, this has to or we are not going back to the Playoffs. Andy
has played admirably considering. I know he doesn't have the stats besides yards but who can blame him?

Gio and especially Hill need to improve as well, but if there are no holes who can blame them either?

The question isn't if the players have improved individually...it's if the position has improved. Shaw is playing well for Shaw...but is he better than Hall was last year covering the Slot?

Is Lafell better than Marvin Jones last year?

Are Clarke and Hunt better than Gilberry?

Is Williams better than Reggie Nelson?

When you lose good players, bench guys get a larger role...so that guy is personally going to get more PT than the year before...but is the overall position upgraded?
Reply/Quote
Clarke has looked better than Gilberry at times, I think Dansby is an upgrade over Hawk.....other than that, no.  We have not improved, and have regressed more times than not.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 12:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The question isn't if the players have improved individually...it's if the position has improved. Shaw is playing well for Shaw...but is he better than Hall was last year covering the Slot?

Is Lafell better than Marvin Jones last year?

Are Clarke and Hunt better than Gilberry?

Is Williams better than Reggie Nelson?

When you lose good players, bench guys get a larger role...so that guy is personally going to get more PT than the year before...but is the overall position upgraded?

Yes Shaw has been better than Hall last year and the stats say so.

The stats show Lafell has been better than MLJ so far this year compared to early last year as Bfine has shown.

Yes Clarke and Hunt have been better than Gilberry and the stats say so as do the pressures and blocked kicks.

No, Shawn has not been better than Reggie though, that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 10:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: #2 WR. LaFell has more catches, yards, and tied with TD than MLJ did 5 games in last year.

Backup DEs

Center

LG

SLB

#2 CB

True about Nuge, he has been better at the Kicker position this year.

You really think Boling has been better this year Bfine? Don't know about that.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 12:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes Shaw has been better than Hall last year and the stats say so.

The stats show Lafell has been better than MLJ so far this year compared to early last year as Bfine has shown.

Yes Clarke and Hunt have been better than Gilberry and the stats say so as do the pressures and blocked kicks.

No, Shawn has not been better than Reggie though, that is for sure.

Yeah, I overlooked Shaw....I think Leon has hit the proverbial wall, or at least it looked that way here last year.

Lafell's stats are better, but is that a result of more targets with no Eifert?  Marvin is straight killing it in Detroit.  I thinks there's no question that Jones is the better player.

Nugent is looking better, but he was already here.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I hear people saying that losing Jones, Sanu, Smith, Nelson, etc aren't impacting the Bengals play...so I ask you - Which position or player has played better this year than they did last year? Where have we upgraded the play at?

NONE at this point.....but it is early yet.....Is the O line better, NO......Are the RBs better, NO.....Are the QBs better, NO.......Are the WRs better, NO.....is the D line better, NO......are the LBs better, NO......are the DBs better, NO.....are Special teams Better, NO......are TE's better, NO......FB, NO....
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 12:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You really think Boling has been better this year Bfine? Don't know about that.

I do. Of course it could be just because I now see him as the best guard on this team.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 12:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I overlooked Shaw....I think Leon has hit the proverbial wall, or at least it looked that way here last year.

Lafell's stats are better, but is that a result of more targets with no Eifert?  Marvin is straight killing it in Detroit.  I thinks there's no question that Jones is the better player.

Nugent is looking better, but he was already here.

Could be a reason why Lafell's stats are better of course but you can't deny he has done well.

MLJ is the better player cause of his upside no question but he wasn't coming back here no matter what we offered him.

He is killing it as a #1 and i thought he was special, but he has impressed me as a Lion.

True about Nuge but a lot were wanting a change here this Preseason and he has shut them up.

(10-13-2016, 12:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do. Of course it could be just because I now see him as the best guard on this team.

Same here cause Zeit has fell off so bad.

It is not like Boling has been great this year, he has just been our best O-lineman IMO.
Reply/Quote

Backup DEs

Center

LG

SLB

#2 CB

I know Marvin is looking fine in Detroit, but I agree that LaFell is an upgrade in general.  He's making the catches, runs the whole route tree and is just a tough minded guy.  As Green says he's a nice addition to the room and hopefully rubs off on the rookies.

Green has upped his game.  He's playing good ball and has gained some intensity as a player that I like. 

Shaw has been playing well in general though he got burned bad in Dallas (along with everyone else).

Dansby's an upgrade at SLB

Kirkpatrick has played well this year and I think Dennard will continue to improve as long as he doesn't cover in the slot.

If Center is playing better, he must have played worse than I thought last year (which I already thought was really bad)

Vinny Rey has been consistently good this year - and better than last year

Clark and Hunt have both improved.

A longer list than I would have thought really.
Reply/Quote