Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A+ Style and Simulated
My ‘A+’ draft. Not who I think they’ll draft but who I’d like them to draft while I used Fanspeak’s simulator.

Couple assumptions. We do the smart thing and sign Reid. This will add depth at that position, which is necessary provided the frequent injuries. Ahead of the draft, despite the controversy, this signing allows a lot more flexibility in the draft. Also, I traded back in the 2nd for two of Buffalo’s later picks in the round.

1st (21): DL Da’ron Payne, Alabama
BPA pick adding a stud to the DL. They say he’s the best DT prospect out of Bama in a handful of years which is quite a compliment considering. Not the rusher that Geno is, probably won’t be, but is a space eater. Our linebackers will immediately be better against the run adding this defensive blocker who’ll demand double teams on running plays. Geno has one year left, who knows if he’ll be extended. If not, we can build future DL around Payne and Lawson.

2nd (53): G BILLY PRICE, OHIO STATE
Excited to get one of the three Centers at the 53rd pick. With Cody signing we have the flexibility to draft the OL BPA and at this point, it was Price. Can immediately upgrade Center or Guard depending on how the rest of the draft goes. I’m, admittedly, a homer so I was really stoked about this one.

2nd (56): LB MALIK JEFFERSON, TEXAS
Missed out on the top tier LB prospects but I was glad to get this gentleman. At 6’3” and 236 lbs at 4.52 he is a nice combo of size, length and speed. Attitude and instincts are intangibles and not easy to coach, but provided his tangible, unteachable, numbers, coupled with his collegiate production, we give him a shot. With Burfict, Brown and Vigil, he won’t be expected to take over on day one.

3rd (77): C FRANK RAGNOW, ARKANSAS
Surprise in this draft was that Mason Cole went before Frank, and Wynn and Hernandez were both taken in the 1st round. Got really likely to have Frank fall to this pick (77th overall). Interior line is solid for years to come. Boling, Ragnow, and Price across the interior line. Possibly redundant here after selecting Price, but again it was OL BPA.

3rd (100): CB Donte Jackson, LSU
‘Elite speed and super-twitchy’ says NFL site. 5’11” but only 175 lbs. immediately should be able to come in as 3rd CB position. Dude ran a 4.32.

4th (112): OT Geron Christian, UofL
See article. We need depth, and possibly a starter, at this position. It’s a great article and talks about how Geron was moved back and forth between tackle positions, even during the same game. Says that he could be another Anthony Collins. Would have rather captured a starter ready RT in this draft, but it wasn’t possible. Getting a solid 3rd OT that can play both sides of line, was great consolation.

5th (151): S Damon Webb, OSU
Slight in stature but makes up for it with below-average speed. Played two years at CB and two at Safety. Could compete for a backup role at either position. Depth pick.

5th (158): LB Micah Kiser, Virginia
Sturdy at 6’2” and 240 lbs and was a tackling machine in college. Monster numbers. Maybe not a three down LB’er back but at the tail end of the 5th round, we found a tackling machine two down LB’er.

5th (170): Edge Marcell Frazier, Missouri
Good sized (6’5”) DE out of Missouri, whose been turning out good DEs as of late. Hardworking and hard charging guy who can come in and compete for a position on DL.

7th (249): K Eddy Piniero, Florida
At 6’ and 185lbs. Competition in camp for what’s it’s worth…worked last year. (I thought it was funny to start out his remarks with his size.)

7th (252): CB Parry Nickerson, Tulane
Tall (6’) and ran faaast at combine (4.32 40 yd.). Used to playing man and is aggressive. With these uncoachables he should be able to get a spot as a back up outside CB and possibly compete down the road as a starter on the outside.

7th (253): DT John Atkins, Bengals Farm Team
Don’t care what anyone says, they are related. Most likely brothers, cousins at a minimum. I want Maury Povich to do a blood test. Maybe I’m wrong, but at least we can have him on the field, while Geno is taking snaps off, and the other team will still think he’s Geno and double team him.

QB: Dalton/Barkley
RB: Mixon/Gio and best of Hill, Carson, and Jarveon Williams
WR: Green, LaFell, Boyd, Ross, Malone, Erickson (sorry Core fans)
TE: Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah
H-Back: Hewitt
OT: Glenn, Ogbuehi, Fisher, Christian, Hart
G: Boling, Price, Westerman, TJ Johnson
C: Ragnow

DE: Dunlap, MJ, Willis, Frazier
DT: Geno, Payne, Billings, Glasnow (Baker doesn’t make it and Geno’s brother on PS)
LB: Burfict, Brown, Vigil, Lawson, M. Jefferson, V. Rey, J. Hicks, Kiser
CB: WJ3, Dre, Dennard, Donte Jackson, Shaw (Nickerson on PS)
S: Iloka, Williams, Reid, Fejedelem, (D. Webb on PS to develop)

ST: Bullock vs Piniero; Huber and Clark Harris

Bring it!
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 09:56 PM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: 7th (253): DT John Atkins, Bengals Farm Team
Don’t care what anyone says, they are related. Most likely brothers, cousins at a minimum. I want Maury Povich to do a blood test. Maybe I’m wrong, but at least we can have him on the field, while Geno is taking snaps off, and the other team will still think he’s Geno and double team him.

There were a lot of questions flying around when John was at UGA and when he was recruited about their relation. John actually addressed it at one point when Geno visited campus saying he wished they were because he'd have been genetically blessed with more talent. I'll see if I can find the tweet and post it here
BENGALdawg
Reply/Quote
https://georgiadogs.com/news/2016/9/29/A_Quick_Chat_With_John_Atkins.aspx

About half way down the interview he says Geno is who he's most like to play with. Still can't find the tweet but you get the picture
BENGALdawg
Reply/Quote
Theres a lot of talent in that draft. If it falls that way it would be quite a haul. Like you said, there are some guys that you don't think will be there, but if they are you grab them.
Reply/Quote
really like what you did withour O line and linebacker situation. i can dig it.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 09:56 PM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: My ‘A+’ draft. Not who I think they’ll draft but who I’d like them to draft while I used Fanspeak’s simulator.

Couple assumptions. We do the smart thing and sign Reid. This will add depth at that position, which is necessary provided the frequent injuries. Ahead of the draft, despite the controversy, this signing allows a lot more flexibility in the draft. Also, I traded back in the 2nd for two of Buffalo’s later picks in the round.

1st (21):  DL Da’ron Payne, Alabama
BPA pick adding a stud to the DL. They say he’s the best DT prospect out of Bama in a handful of years which is quite a compliment considering. Not the rusher that Geno is, probably won’t be, but is a space eater. Our linebackers will immediately be better against the run adding this defensive blocker who’ll demand double teams on running plays. Geno has one year left, who knows if he’ll be extended. If not, we can build future  DL around Payne and Lawson.

2nd (53):  G BILLY PRICE, OHIO STATE
Excited to get one of the three Centers at the 53rd pick. With Cody signing we have the flexibility to draft the OL BPA and at this point, it was Price. Can immediately upgrade Center or Guard depending on how the rest of the draft goes. I’m, admittedly, a homer so I was really stoked about this one.

2nd (56):  LB MALIK JEFFERSON, TEXAS
Missed out on the top tier LB prospects but I was glad to get this gentleman. At 6’3” and 236 lbs at 4.52 he is a nice combo of size, length and speed. Attitude and instincts are intangibles and not easy to coach, but provided his tangible, unteachable, numbers, coupled with his collegiate production, we give him a shot. With Burfict, Brown and Vigil, he won’t be expected to take over on day one.

3rd (77): C FRANK RAGNOW, ARKANSAS
Surprise in this draft was that Mason Cole went before Frank, and Wynn and Hernandez were both taken in the 1st round. Got really likely to have Frank fall to this pick (77th overall). Interior line is solid for years to come. Boling, Ragnow, and Price across the interior line. Possibly redundant here after selecting Price, but again it was OL BPA.

3rd (100):  CB Donte Jackson, LSU
‘Elite speed and super-twitchy’ says NFL site. 5’11” but only 175 lbs. immediately should be able to come in as 3rd CB position. Dude ran a 4.32.  

4th (112):  OT Geron Christian, UofL
See article. We need depth, and possibly a starter, at this position. It’s a great article and talks about how Geron was moved back and forth between tackle positions, even during the same game. Says that he could be another Anthony Collins. Would have rather captured a starter ready RT in this draft, but it wasn’t possible. Getting a solid 3rd OT that can play both sides of line, was great consolation.

5th (151):  S Damon Webb, OSU
Slight in stature but makes up for it with below-average speed. Played two years at CB and two at Safety. Could compete for a backup role at either position. Depth pick.

5th (158):  LB Micah Kiser, Virginia  
Sturdy at 6’2” and 240 lbs and was a tackling machine in college. Monster numbers. Maybe not a three down LB’er back but at the tail end of the 5th round, we found a tackling machine two down LB’er.

5th (170):  Edge Marcell Frazier, Missouri
Good sized (6’5”) DE out of Missouri, whose been turning out good DEs as of late. Hardworking and hard charging guy who can come in and compete for a position on DL.

7th (249):  K Eddy Piniero, Florida  
At 6’ and 185lbs. Competition in camp for what’s it’s worth…worked last year. (I thought it was funny to start out his remarks with his size.)

7th (252):  CB Parry Nickerson, Tulane
Tall (6’) and ran faaast at combine (4.32 40 yd.). Used to playing man and is aggressive. With these uncoachables he should be able to get a spot as a back up outside CB and possibly compete down the road as a starter on the outside.

7th (253): DT John Atkins, Bengals Farm Team

QB:  Dalton/Barkley
RB:  Mixon/Gio and best of Hill, Carson, and Jarveon Williams
WR:  Green, LaFell, Boyd, Ross, Malone, Erickson (sorry Core fans)
TE:  Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah
H-Back:  Hewitt
OT:  Glenn, Ogbuehi, Fisher, Christian, Hart
G:  Boling, Price, Westerman, TJ Johnson
C:  Ragnow

DE:  Dunlap, MJ, Willis, Frazier
DT:  Geno, Payne, Billings, Glasnow (Baker doesn’t make it and Geno’s brother on PS)
LB:  Burfict, Brown, Vigil, Lawson, M. Jefferson, V. Rey, J. Hicks, Kiser
CB:  WJ3, Dre, Dennard, Donte Jackson, Shaw (Nickerson on PS)
S:  Iloka, Williams, Reid, Fejedelem, (D. Webb on PS to develop)

ST:  Bullock vs Piniero; Huber and Clark Harris

Bring it!

Nice work and will be very happy if it plays out this way. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This site drives me CRAZY!!!

Not 1/2 of these players would be available.   But if we had this as a draft I would consider season tickets.
Reply/Quote
Would be loving this if it fell this way, just doubt Malik and especially Ragnow falls that far but hey, crazy shit happens
come Draft day and what would be nice about having both Price and Ragnow is both of them can play Guard and the
Center position is completely insured for years to come.

I like the Geron Christian and Parry Nickerson picks a lot where you have them. Good job man.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 03:31 PM)3wt Wrote: This site drives me CRAZY!!!

Not 1/2 of these players would be available.   But if we had this as a draft I would consider season tickets.

I keep hearing this about the site.  This year, the Bengals are one team that isn't looking (not necessarily) very early for four huge position groups that are of very high importance to so many other teams:  QB, DE, WR, and CB.  

Those positions are constantly overdrafted, and that will push down some great talent at C, DT, LB, etc.  I watched every pick next to my "big board" that I sort by round and a lot of the selections make a lot of sense as we go through it.  I personally doubt guys like Brown fall to the third round, but there are a lot of players that will be pushed down by the aforementioned groups.  
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 07:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I keep hearing this about the site.  This year, the Bengals are one team that isn't looking (not necessarily) very early for four huge position groups that are of very high importance to so many other teams:  QB, DE, WR, and CB.  

Those positions are constantly overdrafted, and that will push down some great talent at C, DT, LB, etc.  I watched every pick next to my "big board" that I sort by round and a lot of the selections make a lot of sense as we go through it.  I personally doubt guys like Brown fall to the third round, but there are a lot of players that will be pushed down by the aforementioned groups.  

Very good point about over drafting! I just had an image of you in your living room with a big dry erase board, started laughing!!!  I usually set there and swear when someone I like falls off the board.....usually right before our pick!
Reply/Quote