Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which will happen first?
(03-07-2024, 12:27 AM)pulses Wrote: Singletary is a good all purpose back and he's good in pass protection and he'll be cheap. It doesn't have to be a top tier RB. I dunno why you folks can't understand that.

You can find that (good, all purpose back that is good in pass protection and cheaper) in a rookie and pay even less…idk why you folks can’t understand that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 12:40 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: You can find that (good, all purpose back that is good in pass protection and cheaper) in a rookie and pay even less…idk why you folks can’t understand that.

BECAUSE we only have chris evans and Chase Brown under contract when we cut Mixon and we carry 4 RB's so one will be a VET...see the picture now!!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 01:45 AM)pulses Wrote: BECAUSE we only have chris evans and Chase Brown under contract when we cut Mixon and we carry 4 RB's so one will be a VET...see the picture now!!

Yes, just not for dingletary.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 08:02 PM)pally Wrote: Next Monday

Which will happen first?  

A Bengals free agent is signed by another team or the Bengals will sign a non-Bengal free agent?

who do you think it will be in either scenario?

Bengals resign Johan williams before either of those
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 09:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bengals resign Johan williams before either of those

That would be a real surprise to many, as the general opinion is that he would be seeking a return to LT, and thus a salary of a starting LT.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 09:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That would be a real surprise to many, as the general opinion is that he would be seeking a return to LT, and thus a salary of a starting LT.

Hard to let a guy go that can be productive at both spots in my opinion.  He should have demand and mainly from the bengals....  Last thing we want is another ? at a Tackle position 
I would Still draft a guy and if he comes around sooner than later then possibly a trade could be done down the line

Just my thought.... my crystal ball hasnt worked in years.
Reply/Quote
Other - The meltdown on the board day 1 as all the favorite names mentioned get signed elsewhere for outrageous amounts we weren't expecting.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Reader would have been signed by now if both parties wanted to reunite. There would be no point in having him hit free agency.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 09:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK, they've been very active early lately. Seems we signed Cappa, Karas, and OBJ quite quickly. 

To answer the OP. We sign first and it will be a RT

^^^^
This and I agree.  Also removes the critical need at 18th in the draft allowing flexibility.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 09:27 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Yes, just not for dingletary.

Singletary would fit perfectly in a Bengals RBBC. He's down on the list of "wants" for most teams so they should be able to get him for no more than 4M a year as long as no one else does something stupid. Also have to consider that Houston has a shit-ton of money to spend, so they could already be working on re-signing him.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 10:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hard to let a guy go that can be productive at both spots in my opinion.  He should have demand and mainly from the bengals....  Last thing we want is another ? at a Tackle position 
I would Still draft a guy and if he comes around sooner than later then possibly a trade could be done down the line

Just my thought.... my crystal ball hasnt worked in years.

Easy for me to let a guy go who has consistently gone down hill year after year as a young OL. He should of been getting better, not worse.

And Jonah finally stayed healthy last season and still wasn't good.

Give me a RT in FA in Onwenu or Eluemunor over your crystal ball thought here Xeno lol

(03-07-2024, 10:51 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Reader would have been signed by now if both parties wanted to reunite. There would be no point in having him hit free agency.

He is hurt, of course we are going to wait on re-signing him until he can pass a physical, just like any team.

(03-07-2024, 02:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Singletary would fit perfectly in a Bengals RBBC. He's down on the list of "wants" for most teams so they should be able to get him for no more than 4M a year as long as no one else does something stupid. Also have to consider that Houston has a shit-ton of money to spend, so they could already be working on re-signing him.

Well said, Singletary would fit, good in pass pro, should be cheap and can catch the ball out of the backfield and be a good compliment 
to Chase Brown. The Texans probably bring him back anyways like you say, but if they don't I am not against adding Devin Singletary.

Would I like someone more explosive that averages more YPC? Of course, but one of these backs might cost a lot.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 02:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Easy for me to let a guy go who has consistently gone down hill year after year as a young OL. He should of been getting better, not worse.

And Jonah finally stayed healthy last season and still wasn't good.

Give me a RT in FA in Onwenu or Eluemunor over your crystal ball thought here Xeno lol

He is hurt, of course we are going to wait on re-signing him until he can pass a physical, just like any team.

Well said, Singletary would fit, good in pass pro, should be cheap and can catch the ball out of the backfield and be a good compliment 
to Chase Brown. The Texans probably bring him back anyways like you say, but if they don't I am not against adding Devin Singletary.

Would I like someone more explosive that averages more YPC? Of course, but one of these backs might cost a lot.

i am no madam cleo for sure
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 02:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ....Give me a RT in FA in Onwenu or Eluemunor over your crystal ball thought here Xeno lol

I think we sign one of those two and my guess would be Eluemunor.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals can sign certain free agents, such as Justin Simmons, now and not wait for Monday to negotiate a contract. I was reading about the Patriots signing OT Chukwuma Okorofor today. The article said he could be signed now because had been released by the Steelers, rather than just have an expiring contract coming up on March 13. Simmons had been released by Denver, trying to save cap dollars. In other words, his contract was terminated by Denver, and so he doesn't have to wait until the legal tampering period on Monday to arrange for a new contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 10:51 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Reader would have been signed by now if both parties wanted to reunite. There would be no point in having him hit free agency.

I'm not sure that he can be signed, as he can't exactly pass a physical.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 10:18 AM)jj22 Wrote: Other - The meltdown on the board day 1 as all the favorite names mentioned get signed elsewhere for outrageous amounts we weren't expecting.

It's actually one of my favorite days of the year lately. I remember people losing it when the Jets signed Lawson. 3 years later both he and his awesome pressure rate have been released and Hendrickson has more than made up for whatever we lost in him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna say the Bengals sign someone before a former Bengal signs elsewhere. I think Jonah is our best-viewed FA but I think the team(s) interested in him will pump the brakes a bit, do a bit of due diligence, and give it a couple days before making him a serious offer. Meanwhile, I think we sign a "big fish" on the first day of the legal tampering period on a position of severe need.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 08:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Even when they are highly active in FA, the Bengals are rarely one of the first teams announcing acquisitions, so I'm going to go with Jonah Williams will be reaching an agreement in principal with the New England Patriots before the early tampering period expires.

Welp, 4 days before legal tampering and I've already lost..  Pats signed Okorafor.

Good luck to the rest of you.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 08:27 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think we sign one of those two and my guess would be Eluemunor.

I am leaning that way as well even if I like Onwenu a bit more because of age. Eluemunor just fits, he has respect for Burrow and Anderson
big time in his social media stuff. Sounds like a perfect fit to be a Bengal to me.

(03-07-2024, 08:35 PM)jason Wrote: It's actually one of my favorite days of the year lately. I remember people losing it when the Jets signed Lawson. 3 years later both he and his awesome pressure rate have been released and Hendrickson has more than made up for whatever we lost in him.

Yeah, nothing against Carl but I wanted Trey over him the moment it was a thought that it was possible. Great move.

(03-07-2024, 09:32 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I'm gonna say the Bengals sign someone before a former Bengal signs elsewhere. I think Jonah is our best-viewed FA but I think the team(s) interested in him will pump the brakes a bit, do a bit of due diligence, and give it a couple days before making him a serious offer. Meanwhile, I think we sign a "big fish" on the first day of the legal tampering period on a position of severe need.

I like your thoughts honestly. Jonah didn't play great at LT or RT lately and he probably still wants to be a LT where he has been just ok.

My guy right now as the "Big Fish" is Christian Wilkins, played at Clemson for Hobby our DL coach and can fill multiple holes.
Reply/Quote
One of our free agents signs elsewhere. I don't doubt the Bengals will agree to terms with someone during the legal tampering period, but I see someone jumping on Jonah and him getting a McGlinchey type deal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote