Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
While teams "say" they won't lose on purpose...
I guarantee you, if the Bengals had won yesterday, Cleveland would lose to them next week on purpose, simply to keep the Bengals from getting Burrow. They are smart enough to know that one loss would keep them from having to face a Heisman winning QB 4 times a year for the next decade. And then, Chitsburgh would trade whatever it took to move into #1 to get Burrow for the same reason. Yesterday was an important loss......
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 10:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I guarantee you, if the Bengals had won yesterday, Cleveland would lose to them next week on purpose, simply to keep the Bengals from getting Burrow. They are smart enough to know that one loss would keep them from having to face a Heisman winning QB 4 times a year for the next decade. And then, Chitsburgh would trade whatever it took to move into #1 to get Burrow for the same reason. Yesterday was an important loss......

NO way...I think if the Browns lose next week to a 1 win Bengal team, it will send Kitchens out the door.  He is fighting for his job.  That being said, I can see the Bengals being VERY up for this game and stomping the Browns.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I kinda want Mayfield going into the off season thinking like Andrew Luck thanks to Geno and Carlos. Same old Browns.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 10:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I guarantee you, if the Bengals had won yesterday, Cleveland would lose to them next week on purpose, simply to keep the Bengals from getting Burrow. They are smart enough to know that one loss would keep them from having to face a Heisman winning QB 4 times a year for the next decade. And then, Chitsburgh would trade whatever it took to move into #1 to get Burrow for the same reason. Yesterday was an important loss......

I was preaching this yesterday. Beating Miami would have made the Browns game that much more worrisome. Plus I'd rather it be this way because maybe we beat the Browns to end the season on a good note and it helps Andy's trade value if he has a decent game.

EDIT: I'm also going to love to see Baker's reaction if they lose to us lol.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
So after 17 or so straight losses to the Steelers we've finally accepted the Browns as our most hated rival. Ouch.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: NO way...I think if the Browns lose next week to a 1 win Bengal team, it will send Kitchens out the door.  He is fighting for his job.  That being said, I can see the Bengals being VERY up for this game and stomping the Browns.

Kitchens is gone anyway, and the Browns Mgt. knows screwing us out of #1 would be worth the loss in a meaningless season.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Kitchens is gone anyway, and the Browns Mgt. knows screwing us out of #1 would be worth the loss in a meaningless season.

I'm not so sure he is gone...and management wouldn't tell players to throw a game.  They would go to jail.  
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm not so sure he is gone...and management wouldn't tell players to throw a game.  They would go to jail.  

They don't "tell" them to throw a game. They tell the coach to "look at" a 3rd string QB and see what we have.....etc.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They don't "tell" them to throw a game. They tell the coach to "look at" a 3rd string QB and see what we have.....etc.

So you are saying ZT was trying to throw the season when he played Finley?  The Browns haven't benched their starter to my knowledge. 

The best defense we have for ZT being here next year may be that we were tanking the whole time. 
Reply/Quote
For those saying that no one is saying that Burrow won't be a cure all.... I rest my case.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The best defense we have for ZT being here next year may be that we were tanking the whole time. 

Please do not confuse tanking with being completely inept! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:18 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So after 17 or so straight losses to the Steelers we've finally accepted the Browns as our most hated rival.  Ouch.

I accepted that long ago. Why pretend otherwise?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Kitchens is gone anyway, and the Browns Mgt. knows screwing us out of #1 would be worth the loss in a meaningless season.

After 30 or so years of no playoff wins...0 teams have to strategize to hold us down.

It's not like Burrow is some amazing, cant miss prospect. Hes a good prospect...but I doubt our division fears us landing him.
Reply/Quote

The Browns management should also know that getting the 1st overall pick doesnt magically fix a long term loser of a franchise. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So you are saying ZT was trying to throw the season when he played Finley?  The Browns haven't benched their starter to my knowledge. 

The best defense we have for ZT being here next year may be that we were tanking the whole time. 

ZT may not have been trying to throw the season, but he knew it was over, and wanted to take a look at Finley to see if he needed to draft a QB. Made perfect sense.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 02:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Browns management should also know that getting the 1st overall pick doesnt magically fix a long term loser of a franchise. 

It means they wouldn't have to face Burrow twice a year, if he pans out. Simple as that.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 03:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It means they wouldn't have to face Burrow twice a year, if he pans out. Simple as that.

Sucks we didn't lose to the Browns more to keep them from drafting Mayfield.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is special from what I have seen and the accuracy he passes with.

Not going to deny what Sled says here even if I don't think teams lay down on purpose often.

QB's like Burrow do not come around often and thank God for the good timing.

We needed to catch a break some time. If we solidify the OL and Draft Burrow it is a start.

But with these coaches we just might ruin him they have been that bad this year.

Need to fire these coaches and bring in Rivera number one IMO.
Reply/Quote
I think WJ3 was in on the tank yesterday.

No way he misplays that flea flicker so bad unintentionally.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: NO way...I think if the Browns lose next week to a 1 win Bengal team, it will send Kitchens out the door.  He is fighting for his job.  That being said, I can see the Bengals being VERY up for this game and stomping the Browns.

Kitchens is the only thing blocking the Brown's winning season. I hope they keep him for  a couple more years.

Kitchens is slightly more incompetent than Zac considering the arsenals he was given.
Reply/Quote