Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
While y'all are gloating over the Steelers loss...
... I just thought I'd post this here because, well, there's just no other place to post this except in a Vikings forum, but I really don't post in any NFC team's forum.

This is relevant here because:

1) Mike Zimmer was the Bengals Defensive Coordinator for a time and now he's the Head Coach of the Vikings

2) Case Keenum was channeling Andy Dalton with that pass.

I actually thought I was having a deja-vu moment when he threw that pass. It was very reminiscent of the pass Andy Dalton threw against Baltimore.

You know... 4th and long, time running out, heaves a ball that hits a receiver in stride - and runs all the way to the end zone for a game winning TD! The only difference is that in the Bengals game, there was still a tiny amount of time left whereas in the Vikings game, there was none!

So, Bengal fans, I'm curious about what you think of my observation?

Also, I think congratulations are in order for Mike Zimmer, ex-Bengals coach!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:17 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: ... I just thought I'd post this here because, well, there's just no other place to post this except in a Vikings forum, but I really don't post in any NFC team's forum.

1) Mike Zimmer was the Bengals Defensive Coordinator for a time and now he's the Head Coach of the Vikings

I actually thought I was having a deja-vu moment when he threw that pass. It was very reminiscent of the pass Andy Dalton threw against Baltimore.

You know... 4th and long, time running out, heaves a ball that hits a receiver in stride - and runs all the way to the end zone for a game winning TD! The only difference is that in the Bengals game, there was still a tiny amount of time left whereas in the Vikings game, there was none!

I think it's a legit comparison. Mike Zimmer should have been promoted to Head Coach here years ago..... so now I cheer on the Vikings as my NFC team, since I am a huge Zim and Bridgewater fan.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think it's a legit comparison. Mike Zimmer should have been promoted to Head Coach here years ago..... so now I cheer on the Vikings as my NFC team, since I am a huge Zim and Bridgewater fan.

Yeah, me too.  However, that throw was nothing like the throw in Baltimore.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm happy for Coach Zimmer. I always had a feeling that he'd be a great HC. Just bittersweet to see him having his success with another organization..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm happy for Coach Zimmer.  I always had a feeling that he'd be a great HC.  Just bittersweet to see him having his success with another organization..

And Mike Brown still isn't aware he did anything wrong.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
It reminded me more of the "Flacco Fluke" against Denver the year the Ravens won the SB.

Awful defensive play that resulted in the other team winning.

[Image: 2v14y0i.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: It reminded me more of the "Flacco Fluke" against Denver the year the Ravens won the SB.

Trying to run into him with a shoulder while looking straight at the ground.  Don't know how he missed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: It reminded me more of the "Flacco Fluke" against Denver the year the Ravens won the SB.

Hmmnnn... are you sure you also aren't reminded of the "Tebow Fluke"? Where Tim Tebow burned the Steelers secondary with that TD in overtime? Hmm
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:36 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Hmmnnn... are you sure you also aren't reminded of the "Tebow Fluke"? Where Tim Tebow burned the Steelers secondary with that TD in overtime? Hmm

In the Denver game Tebow made his only good pass of the day to a wide open TE.  

In the Ravens game and the Vikings game the defender was in position to make the play and failed miserably.

So...no.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: In the Denver game Tebow made his only good pass of the day to a wide open TE.  

In the Ravens game and the Vikings game the defender was in position to make the play and failed miserably.

So...no.

Yeah, it was very close to the Flukko.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, me too.  However, that throw was nothing like the throw in Baltimore.

There were some similarities, but the situations were very different.

1. Vikings were fighting for an NFC championship game, Bengals were fighting to keep Baltimore from going to the playoffs.

2. Vikings finished the game with no time left, Bengals had to play defense to secure victory.

3. Both great passes, catches and the runs AFTER the catches.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:17 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: ... I just thought I'd post this here because, well, there's just no other place to post this except in a Vikings forum, but I really don't post in any NFC team's forum.

Who are you again?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:36 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Hmmnnn... are you sure you also aren't reminded of the "Tebow Fluke"? Where Tim Tebow burned the Steelers secondary with that TD in overtime? Hmm

This post proves you don't football very much. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 04:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Who are you again?

A fan of a team whose Head Coach isn't Marvin Lewis! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 12:51 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: A fan of a team whose Head Coach isn't Marvin Lewis! ThumbsUp

Ah, that's right. The Steelers.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 01:06 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ah, that's right. The Steelers.

Steelers?

Take a look at my avatar. Do the Horseshoe on the side of the helmet look like the Steelers?

Look dude, I know you're just ECSTATIC about having Marvin back as the head coach, but don't take it out on the rest of us, okay? Tongue
Reply/Quote
Do we respect the Jags now?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 09:20 AM)Beaker Wrote: Do we respect the Jags now?

No.

Jags are in the Colts division. We play them twice every season and it looks like the Colts may have a rivalry with the Jags in the near forseeable future. So, as much as the Jags are the "underdogs" of the AFC and that they're at least different from the Steelers and Patriots representing the AFC, I personally cannot endorse them under any condition.

Y'all in Bengal-Land can! More power to you. But as a Colts fan, I can't.

I'm unsure why you thought I would ever root for one of the Colts division rivals?
Reply/Quote
From what I see of Jags players interviews and on field action, they seem to lack a lot of class. Now they are complaining that the Patriots are giving them props....
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 09:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: From what I see of Jags players interviews and on field action, they seem to lack a lot of class. Now they are complaining that the Patriots are giving them props....

Yeah... for some reason everyone seems to be "impressed" with the Jags, but as you've noticed they act like a bunch of blowhards.

Lucky for the Jags that Andrew Luck was out all season. Otherwise, things might have been a little different in the postseason. I'm not saying the Colts would have been in the playoffs, but I'm pretty sure the Colts may have derailed the Jag's attempt at getting in the postseason. They're in our division and we know exactly how to play them. They may "bully" other teams, but they know what can happen when they play the Colts. Wait until 2018 when Luck is back AND the new HC manages the team better than Pagano.

Jags better take advantage of their new found opportunity. Otherwise, I have a feeling they may have a hard time getting back in the postseason with Andrew Luck healthy again.
Reply/Quote