Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whipping Boys stepping up
(09-18-2016, 08:21 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Wth are you talking about?

They ran it like 34 times, that's why they got 100+ yards lmao.

YPC matters, if you watched the game.. You would understand that our run defense was actually decent for once.

run defense got pwn'ed just like against forte. only reason it was close was b/c when ben took his shots we intercepted. well.....that and the bad ref calls. but as i said in another thread, marvin has no MAHBLES!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:26 PM)WildCat Wrote: run defense got pwn'ed just like against forte. only reason it was close was b/c when ben took his shots we intercepted. well.....that and the bad ref calls. but as i said in another thread, marvin has no MAHBLES!

Lmao you're clueless man. Our Run D was great today. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:33 PM)treee Wrote: Lmao you're clueless man. Our Run D was great today. 

says the guy that agrees with the "reviewed" play you said his knee wasn't "overturned" and i am clueless. lol gfr dude.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:37 PM)WildCat Wrote: says the guy that agrees with the "reviewed" play you said his knee wasn't "overturned" and i am clueless. lol gfr dude.

No, I'm just intelligent enough to understand how reviewing plays works and I know what it means when something has to be indisputable evidence to overturn. The call on the field was not getting overturned no matter what it was because you can't see the ball for 3/4th's of the time while Boyd is going to the ground. 
Reply/Quote
Our run game is scary bad.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
If only Bodine would follow their example...
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:41 PM)treee Wrote: No, I'm just intelligent enough to understand how reviewing plays works and I know what it means when something has to be indisputable evidence to overturn. The call on the field was not getting overturned no matter what it was because you can't see the ball for 3/4th's of the time while Boyd is going to the ground. 

you can see enough to overturn that call on the field. refs got it wrong. NFL got it wrong. YOU got it wrong. either way you are clueless. wait a couple days you'll see.
Reply/Quote
Run D is still not good after giving up nearly 100 yards. Steeler Run D was good ours was not.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:45 PM)WildCat Wrote: you can see enough to overturn that call on the field. refs got it wrong. NFL got it wrong. YOU got it wrong. either way you are clueless. wait a couple days you'll see.

Says the guy who thinks the Bengals had a horrible rush defense today. LOL Have fun on the ignore list genius. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:47 PM)treee Wrote: Says the guy who thinks the Bengals had a horrible rush defense today. LOL Have fun on the ignore list genius. 

i will. :)
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:20 PM)treee Wrote: Yea under 3 ypc is great for run defense. We definitely got gashed in the zone though. But since we couldn't get a pass rush (thanks refs), Ben had all the time in the world to find holes in our zone.

Yep those holds could not have been more blatant. 

BS

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:21 PM)WildCat Wrote: i watched peko get walked out of the line of scrimmage on the regular. how is it that ev1 says this and i become a "did you watch the game guy?"

Peko sucks.  I'm definitely not his greatest fan.  However he had a couple good plays among his normal getting man handled plays.  He saw a lot less playing time than last week and our run stopping was way better than last week.  

When you run as much as Pittsburgh did you will get 100 yards on the ground.  Especially with all the possessions we had.  The defense played well and very easily kept the game close for our offense who was atrocious on 3rd down.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:26 PM)WildCat Wrote: run defense got pwn'ed just like against forte. only reason it was close was b/c when ben took his shots we intercepted. well.....that and the bad ref calls. but as i said in another thread, marvin has no MAHBLES!

Shut up.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn't like the LaFell signing but he has been solid his first two games. I will let my crow marinate for a week!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:19 PM)James Brooks Wrote: I didn't like the LaFell signing but he has been solid his first two games. I will let my crow marinate for a week!

Yea I'll take some of that crow too. I was definitely not giving him the benefit of the doubt. The coaching staff looks to have made the right move so far.
Reply/Quote
Dre K played awesome. We get Taze back and that D is gonna look pretty stout. Shawn Williams needs to know his responsibilites, not just the TD but he also didn't do his duty a couple times when he was doubling Brown with AJ. Shoulda had an easy pick on one
Reply/Quote
Meh. DeWilliams was closer to 4 YPC before the Steelers started running every down to run out the clock.

That said, it was still a solid performance against the run and an outstanding job against the pass, although some of it was aided by weather.

Can't fault the defense one bit.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: [Image: 14264175_266762040390631_102686367148736...e=587E7410]

Story of this game.  How many arm bar neckties are the Steelers allotted per game, before holding is ever called?  That obvious blown call on the non-fumble review was just sickening.  I really hate to blame the officials, but somehow I feel like the league will be issuing the Bengals an "apology" this week..

Doesn't even matter. The officials were as biased as I've ever seen in any sort of contest, and that includes watching the WWE as a child. So what happens "IF" the league steps forward and calls out the sorry job by these officials as they once again helped one of the NFL's chosen franchises?

Nothing... not a damn thing happens. The league could come out and say, hey...that was a TD, and that wasn't a fumble and the officials missed tons of holding calls and in the end...still 1-1. Do you think Jacksonville fans feel better knowing they should have won week 1 against the Packers? The league admitted that calls were missed and missed badly, but...the chosen ones in the NFC got the win.

Apologies are empty. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:19 PM)WildCat Wrote: cuz that equates to a win? no sir no....

You're watching too much Wildcat football.....
Reply/Quote