Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
The GM catharsis going on in this thread is honestly fascinating to watch.
(10-03-2019, 11:24 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The GM catharsis going on in this thread is honestly fascinating to watch.

I'm simply reporting what is going on.  If I am wrong or post something that is false feel free to share the truth.

Much like in the administration there is no defense on this board for what Trump is doing/has done just commenting on the people exposing and reporting it.

I'd expect more from people who claim to respect the law. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Trump's latest "yell over the helicopter" press conference had him saying China should investigate the "billions" of dollars Biden's son "stole" (or it was a payoff for getting kicked out of the navy...he said both).

That'll really help his defense that he isn't asking foreign governments to investigate his political rivals.  Mellow
(10-03-2019, 11:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm simply reporting what is going on.  If I am wrong or post something that is false feel free to share the truth.

Much like in the administration there is no defense on this board for what Trump is doing/has done just commenting on the people exposing and reporting it.

I'd expect more from people who claim to respect the law. 

I'm merely commenting on your numerous posts that have nothing to do with the whistle blower.  Like I said, the catharsis is fascinating to watch.
This is man who is truly "in charge":

(10-03-2019, 12:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm merely commenting on your numerous posts that have nothing to do with the whistle blower.  Like I said, the catharsis is fascinating to watch.

Oh!  Well I could start a shiny new thread about the impeachment if you like?

Figured it made more sense to keep all the presidential ramblings about witch hunts, frauds, liars, etc in one place.

Just let me know what you would prefer.

Thanks!
(10-03-2019, 12:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm merely commenting on your numerous posts that have nothing to do with the whistle blower.  Like I said, the catharsis is fascinating to watch.

From what I've seen his posts pertain to Ukraine and impeachment, which is the natural evolution of this thread since it was the allegations regarding Ukraine, which has itself evolved into an impeachment inquiry. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Haven't been in the first 20 pages, so I'm just gonna guess that many of you want President Trump impeached? Right?
(10-03-2019, 03:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Haven't been in the first 20 pages, so I'm just gonna guess that many of you want President Trump impeached? Right?

Personally, I hope he wins another term.  We deserve one Trump term for each nuke we've dropped.
(10-03-2019, 01:33 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

In all seriousness, asking for the investigation, alone, isn't necessarily impeachable. Withholding aid until it is done, that could be, but you would have to prove his reason was for political gains if looking at the request alone. That is difficult because of how erratic and conspiracy theory believing he is.

The cover-up after, though, that is the real situation that could cause him trouble.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-03-2019, 03:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In all seriousness, asking for the investigation, alone, isn't necessarily impeachable. Withholding aid until it is done, that could be, but you would have to prove his reason was for political gains if looking at the request alone. That is difficult because of how erratic and conspiracy theory believing he is.

The cover-up after, though, that is the real situation that could cause him trouble.

The chair who wrote this memo retweeted it again today saying "Is this thing on" after his China comments.

[Image: D8-jw8WW4AErKk7.png]
(10-03-2019, 03:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In all seriousness, asking for the investigation, alone, isn't necessarily impeachable. Withholding aid until it is done, that could be, but you would have to prove his reason was for political gains if looking at the request alone. That is difficult because of how erratic and conspiracy theory believing he is.

That one sentence should be enough to remove him from office.   Smirk
(10-03-2019, 03:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Haven't been in the first 20 pages, so I'm just gonna guess that many of you want President Trump impeached? Right?

No.. I want him voted out of office.

Impeachment removes all other issues from the election debate.
(10-03-2019, 04:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: The chair who wrote this memo retweeted it again today saying "Is this thing on" after his China comments.

[Image: D8-jw8WW4AErKk7.png]

That's all fine and dandy, but the bar is too high for a criminal charge in this situation. An FEC interpretation really doesn't do much for the case. I highly suggest listening to All The President's Lawyers and listening to Ken White break this stuff down. It really is intriguing.

(10-03-2019, 04:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: That one sentence should be enough to remove him from office.   Smirk

Well, maybe invoking the 25th.

(10-03-2019, 04:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.. I want him voted out of office.

Impeachment removes all other issues from the election debate.

Nope. If he is simply voted out in 2020 then there is no real accountability. He will have accountability for being a terrible president, but there is no accountability there for the corruption and obstruction of our democratic ideals. I used to think that the election was the way to handle this, but in order for this country to go back to the way things were, there needs to be the impeachment process. Otherwise, we will continue to get more of the same.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

(10-03-2019, 05:11 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

The thing about all this is that I heard Ben Rhodes talking about it, someone who would be in a good position to know what was going on at the time. Joe Biden was the point man on Ukraine, and he was pushing for the removal of Shokin, but he was doing so because the White House, and many other governments, wanted the same thing to be done. Shokin was not investigating corruption as he was supposed to be, and many governments were not wanting to send aid to Ukraine with that going on. The whole thing is bullshit (which I know many suspect, but still). Our government wanted Shokin gone long before Hunter was over there doing his thing.

(10-03-2019, 05:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The thing about all this is that I heard Ben Rhodes talking about all of this, someone who would be in a good position to know what was going on at the time in all of this. Joe Biden was the point man on Ukraine, and he was pushing for the removal of Shokin, but he was doing so because the White House, and many other governments, wanted the same thing to be done. Shokin was not investigating corruption as he was supposed to be, and many governments were not wanting to send aid to Ukraine with that going on. The whole thing is bullshit (which I know many suspect, but still). Our government wanted Shokin gone long before Hunter was over there doing his thing.

Facts and the truth are useless Matt.

All DJT had to do was nothing as there is nothing there but he's dumb.  Yes, dumb.  He believes these crazy stories and has minions too afraid (or too dumb themselves) to tell him to let it go.  And here we are.

Edit to add that Trump is whining about the son of an elected official using his name to make money with foreign countries.

The fact that everyone in the US didn't do a face palm is enough to make me lose complete faith in humanity.
(10-03-2019, 05:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Facts and the truth are useless Matt.

All DJT had to do was nothing as there is nothing there but he's dumb.  Yes, dumb.  He believes these crazy stories and has minions too afraid (or too dumb themselves) to tell him to let it go.  And here we are.

I just saw this, too: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/giuliani-turns-honest-ukrainian-prosecutor-who-says-bidens-did-nothing-n1060941

Quote:WASHINGTON — For much of this year, Rudy Giuliani was counting on Ukraine’s former chief prosecutor, Yuriy Lutsenko, to reopen a dormant investigation into an energy company where Joe Biden’s son Hunter had once served as a board member.

In an early May phone call with NBC, Giuliani called Lutsenko a “much more honest guy” than the previous, Kremlin-aligned prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, whom the Ukrainian Parliament sacked for failing to crack down on corruption.

Lutsenko recently told NBC News the two talked about 10 times and The New York Times reported that Giuliani’s allegations that Joe Biden’s family engaged in wrongdoing in Ukraine were based on a series of meetings with Lutsenko.

In a White House transcript of a July 25 phone call, President Trump seemed to admonish the new Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, for taking steps toward firing Lutsenko: “I heard the prosecutor was treated very badly and he was a very fair prosecutor so good luck with everything.”

But in a series of interviews with NBC and other news outlets this weekend, Lutsenko said he could find no evidence of wrongdoing involving the Bidens and violations of Ukrainian law, though he told NBC News that the situation did have the appearance of a “conflict of interest” for the former vice president.

LMAO

(10-03-2019, 05:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I just saw this, too: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/giuliani-turns-honest-ukrainian-prosecutor-who-says-bidens-did-nothing-n1060941

LMAO

Even money there isn't even anyone on this board that that sways...let alone in the electorate.

That was the danger of electing a man who lies all the time and has a cult following.  We tried to warn people in 2016...but her emails.