Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
You go Chuck Grassley

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/chuck-grassley-defends-ukraine-whistleblower-breaking-with-gop-and-trump/ar-AAI7Och

Quote:A top Republican senator Tuesday defended the whistleblower at the center of the Democrats' impeachment inquiry following repeated attacks from President Donald Trump."This person appears to have followed the whistleblower protection laws and ought to be heard out and protected. We should always work to respect whistleblowers' requests for confidentiality," Sen. Chuck Grassley, head of the powerful Senate Finance Committee, said in a statement.The Iowa Republican did not mention Trump by name, but said, "No one should be making judgments or pronouncements without hearing from the whistleblower first and carefully following up on the facts. Uninformed speculation wielded by politicians or media commentators as a partisan weapon is counterproductive and doesn't serve the country."
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-01-2019, 01:29 AM)GMDino Wrote:  
We can't turn off Schiff, Trump or Pelosi like we can Hannity.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
MAGAGA

Make Attorney General's Attorneys Get Attorneys.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(10-01-2019, 06:16 PM)6andcounting Wrote: We can't turn off Schiff, Trump or Pelosi like we can Hannity.

Why would we want to "turn off" public officials who are leading an impeachment inquiry, i.e. doing the people's business?
Posted in the wrong thread:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/463948-poll-just-40-percent-of-republicans-say-trump-mentioned

In a new poll, only 40% of Republicans think that Trump brought up investigating Biden in his call with Zelensky. While this poll was partially conducted before the transcript was released, it was after Trump admitted to it. Only 50% of Republicans who reported hearing a lot about the call think Trump mentioned it.

Only half of Republicans who knew Trump admitted to it would actually say that he did it...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-01-2019, 10:50 PM)Dill Wrote: Why would we want to "turn off" public officials who are leading an impeachment inquiry, i.e. doing the people's business?

Was unaware Trump was leading an impeachment inquiry, i.e. doing the people's business.

WTS, I think the point presented was rather obvious.

(10-01-2019, 10:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was unaware Trump was leading an impeachment inquiry, i.e. doing the people's business.

WTS, I think the point presented was rather obvious.

He's not. Schiff and Pelosi are, as mentioned in 6's post.
(10-01-2019, 11:11 PM)Dill Wrote: He's not. Schiff and Pelosi are, as mentioned in 6's post.

So was Trump

(10-01-2019, 10:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Posted in the wrong thread:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/463948-poll-just-40-percent-of-republicans-say-trump-mentioned

In a new poll, only 40% of Republicans think that Trump brought up investigating Biden in his call with Zelensky. While this poll was partially conducted before the transcript was released, it was after Trump admitted to it. Only 50% of Republicans who reported hearing a lot about the call  think Trump mentioned it.

Only half of Republicans who knew Trump admitted to it would actually say that he did it...

This suggests Repubs are winning the disinformation war, but I don't think they really are.

So long as Fox has to keep reporting what Pelosi and Schiff say, Fox viewers must wonder why tremendous Biden scandal has no traction  everywhere else.  Even Repub lawmakers who aren't regular Fox contributors seem to be ignoring the "big stories."

Just watched an amazing 15 minutes of breathless Hannity interviewing Nunes and Jordan, and their predictions regarding how this new hoax will backfire on the Dems, followed by THE REAL DIRT on Biden's trip to China with his son.

What did Barr find in Italy and Australia that Obama and Hillary don't want us to know? (Not "Why was the AG in foreign countries working this private angle for the president to discredit US intel?")

Laura Ingraham congratulates him on all he has uncovered.  Her show will be about the REAL ELECTION INTERFERENCE--Hillary's Steele Dossier and the deep state actors behind it.

And Warren's contempt for fly over America. 

Hillary Clinton playbook--undermine the process.  Clinton "trolled the globe" to get dirt on Trump. 

"Left used foreign powers to interfere in election" reads the banner under laura's discussion with Derschovitz.
(10-01-2019, 11:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So was Trump

Mentioned, sure. As someone who cannot be turned off.

My question addresses the implicit equivalence of Hannity with public figures--two of whom are conducting an impeachment inquiry.

Or them with him.
(10-01-2019, 11:19 PM)Dill Wrote: Mentioned, sure. As someone who cannot be turned off.

My question addresses the implicit equivalence of Hannity with public figures--two of whom are conducting an impeachment inquiry.

Or them with him.

Do I really need to address the point of 6's thread and how your reply was off the mark (argued a point that was not suggested) or can we just save time and have you admit your reply was off the mark?

(10-01-2019, 11:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do I really need to address the point of 6's thread and how your reply was off the mark (argued a point that was not suggested) or can we just save time and have you admit your reply was off the mark?

Yes. Explain what the real point 6's post was and how my question was "off the mark."

Or at least off your mark.
(10-01-2019, 11:29 PM)Dill Wrote: Yes. Explain what the real point 6's post was and how my question was "off the mark."

Or at least off your mark.
OK, here we go:

6's point was to illustrate that Hannity is a media figure and comparing his rhetoric to elected public officials is absurd. 6 was not partisan in his response as he included Trump; however, your reply made the issue partisan by only mentioning the Dems.

Hope that explained "my" mark.

(10-01-2019, 11:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OK, here we go:

6's point was to illustrate that Hannity is a media figure and comparing his rhetoric to elected public officials is absurd. 6 was not partisan in his response as he included Trump; however, your reply made the issue partisan by only mentioning the Dems.

So I am super lost. 

Are you totally oblivious to the faux and trump relationship? Never mind don't answer that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/05/14/donald-trump-sean-hannity-speak-nearly-every-weeknight-report/607595002/

There is a 24/7 "news" agency doing everything in their power to prop up a clown who does nothing but spew rhetoric which is often a repeated talking point from what he saw on faux. Sorry if I am the first to tell you. It's actually been a very concerning issue for a long time for average Americans like myself.
(10-02-2019, 12:01 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So I am super lost. 

Are you totally oblivious to the faux and trump relationship? Never mind don't answer that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/05/14/donald-trump-sean-hannity-speak-nearly-every-weeknight-report/607595002/

There is a 24/7 "news" agency doing everything in their power to prop up a clown who does nothing but spew rhetoric which is often a repeated talking point from what he saw on faux. Sorry if I am the first to tell you. It's actually been a very concerning issue for a long time for average Americans like myself.

Unfortunately I can do nothing about you current super lost status. I can only point to the absurdity or equating public officials comments to those of media personnel. I suppose I can also do nothing about the average American not recognizing the difference.

(10-01-2019, 11:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OK, here we go:

Yes, you explained your mark.

"We can't turn off Schiff, Trump or Pelosi like we can Hannity "--that's what 6 said.  Sounds like he is comparing Hannity's rhetoric to that of public officials, as if Trump, Pelosi and Schiff are rhetorically equivalent, and anyone watching the news cannot escape from them.

I do see an equivalence between Hannity and Trump, as Trump propogates Hannity's conspiracy theories and generally elevates division and hysteria in his rage tweets as does Hannity on his news hour.

But since I do not accept a rhetorical equivalence between Pelosi and Schiff on the one hand, and Hannity on the other, I asked why we would WANT to turn off public figures doing the people's business, as we might Hannity.

Since Pelosi and Schiff do not behave that way, I thought it inaccurate and distortive to lump Trump/Hannity in with them. 

But for you, "non-partisan" trumps accuracy and good judgement--only fair to treat Dems and Repubs alike as equivalent, erasing any distinction between responsible and irresponsible rhetoric.

And that is one reason why Trump has been able to degrade the office of president with such impunity. It is impossible to criticize Trumpism WITHOUT being partisan, without separating what "both sides" do from what Trump, and the party which embraces him, are doing. And that is why defending Trump is all about equivalence, achieved by partisan non-partisanship..

While I've got your attention, you might take your "mark" a step further and explain either why you think Schiff and Pelosi are the equivalent of Hannity and Trump, or if you think they are not, explain what is gained by "non partisan" framing of good and bad behavior as equivalent.
(10-02-2019, 12:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Unfortunately I can do nothing about you current super lost status. I can only point to the absurdity or equating public officials comments to those of media personnel. I suppose I can also do nothing about the average American not recognizing the difference.

What puzzles Nati and I is your praise of 6's "non-partisan" lumping of Trump in with Pelosi and Schiff, while in fact ERASING THE DIFFERENCE between those you call "media personnel" and public officials by equating them rhetorically.

They only difference is one cannot be turned off at will.

What you don't recognize is the difference in judgment, accuracy, gravitas and probity between Pelosi and Schiff, on the one hand, and Trump and Hannity on the other.
(10-02-2019, 12:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Unfortunately I can do nothing about you current super lost status. I can only point to the absurdity or equating public officials comments to those of media personnel. I suppose I can also do nothing about the average American not recognizing the difference.

Wow. I know the right wing bubble is strong but... Man... It hurts my head when I interact with someone like you. 

I like to think it is a constant troll job. But if not I envy you for the good old days when I was super naive and oblivious. I think that ended when I turned 8.

In a new poll, only 40% of Republicans think that Trump brought up investigating Biden in his call with Zelensky. While this poll was partially conducted before the transcript was released, it was after Trump admitted to it. Only 50% of Republicans who reported hearing a lot about the call think Trump mentioned it.

Wow. Progress.

This is just baffling.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR