Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whit down to 307
Down from 341 in April.  That is a big weight loss.

Would imagine it will help his quickness.  Will his strength still be there?

Love the fact that he's doing what's necessary to play at a high level late in his career.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Perhaps it is an effort to take some stress off of the knees. They say for every one pound of body weight = 4 pounds of pressure to the knees.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 08:15 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps it is an effort to take some stress off of the knees.  They say for every one pound of body weight = 4 pounds of pressure to the knees.

If there is one guy I'm not concerned about regarding getting ready for the season; It's Andre f'n Whitworth. 
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 09:38 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: If there is one guy I'm not concerned about regarding getting ready for the season; It's Andre f'n Whitworth. 

You got that right. Rock On
Reply/Quote
He was low at the start of last camp too.
Gives him room to add weight through the season without it being too much for him
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 08:02 AM)McC Wrote: Down from 341 in April.  That is a big weight loss.

Love the fact that he's doing what's necessary to play at a high level late in his career.

Make it easier to pull

and get down the field which whit is pretty good at...

He might be moving a lot if we are opening pandoras box.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 09:38 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: If there is one guy I'm not concerned about regarding getting ready for the season; It's Andre f'n Whitworth. 

His name is Andrew.  Not Andre.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 04:19 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: His name is Andrew.  Not Andre.

Speaking of Dre, he is supposed to have lost a good bit of weight also.  He is listed at 325.  I think that is about 15 lbs less than last year.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 04:19 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: His name is Andrew.  Not Andre.

I think we should call him Andre anyway. It has more cachet. 
Reply/Quote
Speaking of Mr. Smith - yes, he's down 20+ pounds.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/08/01/bengals-andre-smith-healthy-tired--being-mediocre/30952359/
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 12:42 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Speaking of Mr. Smith - yes, he's down 20+ pounds.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/08/01/bengals-andre-smith-healthy-tired--being-mediocre/30952359/

Good read Jim, especially Andre stating that he feels better than he did coming out of Bama. It's great to see him and Big Whit shedding a few pounds. 
Reply/Quote
He looked pretty trim today on NFLN, so did Andre
Reply/Quote
Like Berserk said, he was down last year too.

He's still gonna take charge and dominate, regardless of his weight.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
So if we have 2 new tackles next year......

Could whitworth play FB? id like to see that lol
Reply/Quote

Agreed.

Andre f'n Whitworth doesn't play for the Bengals, so I'm not f'n concerned about him.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
Why did he lose weight?
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 04:39 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Why did he lose weight?

To wear skinny jeans.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 08:02 AM)McC Wrote: Down from 341 in April.  That is a big weight loss.

He's been a stalwart against the bull rush - I'm hoping this won't change that.

In every other respect it should be a benefit.
Reply/Quote

To be able to pull faster, when he moves to Guard.
Reply/Quote

To get on Dancing with the Stars. He told them he was Ethan Suplee and that fulfilled the "haven't worked lately in a real job" part.
Reply/Quote