Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whit has to be loving life
He jumped off this sinking ship and is going to be playing in January. Playing for an exciting, aggressive head coach. Playing in an exciting offense. Playing for a team that plays with passion. Playing for an owner that seems to want to win.

Good forWhit.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Remember when we laughed at him for leaving his "chance at a ring" here in order to play for a terrible team? Ouch. It's almost like NFL players know more about what goes on in the NFL than we do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Remember when we laughed at him for leaving his "chance at a ring" here in order to play for a terrible team?  Ouch.  It's almost like NFL players know more about what goes on in the NFL than we do.

That was what like 10% of the board. The majority thought holy shit how did we let him go. Anyways I doubt even Whit thought that Goff would be this good. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:08 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: That was what like 10% of the board. The majority thought holy shit how did we let him go. Anyways I doubt even Whit thought that Goff would be this good. 

That's possible...it is easy for craziest of posters to get the stage, I'll admit.  What I saw was a team in the Rams that was making moves to get better, so that in itself should attract talent from teams that don't.
Reply/Quote
I wish Big Whit all the best and hope he finally gets to see some post season success. Of course a ring would be awesome !
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's possible...it is easy for craziest of posters to get the stage, I'll admit.  What I saw was a team in the Rams that was making moves to get better, so that in itself should attract talent from teams that don't.

I am not a big time free agent spending guy but even I think these past two offseasons have been ridiculously bad. We lost three players and made very little effort to replace them. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Wentz has some kind of knee injury, so the Ramalamadingdongs' path to a ring may have just gotten easier. Though former Eagles star, Fic Noles, could put some great tape out there and get a big contract elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
Fic Noles has been known to get 98 TDs and 0 INTs per season, when given a chance.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:21 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I am not a big time free agent spending guy but even I think these past two offseasons have been ridiculously bad. We lost three players and made very little effort to replace them. 

The Bengals replaced them with shrewd draft picks engineered by the crack scouting department.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
We get an upgrade at head coach, we could be next years version of the Rams.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Remember when we laughed at him for leaving his "chance at a ring" here in order to play for a terrible team? Ouch. It's almost like NFL players know more about what goes on in the NFL than we do.

Or he left for more $ and happened to get lucky the Rams new HC has turned them around...

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: We get an upgrade at head coach, we could be next years version of the Rams.

Only if the team gets an upgrade at GM and owner
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:30 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Only if the team gets an upgrade at GM and owner

Or if somebody can convince him his 27th try at GM isn't going to be the charm ?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:30 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Only if the team gets an upgrade at GM and owner

Not necessarily. Yes, it would be nice to hear Mike say he is also retiring after the season, but Marvin has a lot more say in the front office than a lot of people realize. Letting Marv go is like replacing a head coach and a good percentage of the GM.

We have a lot of talent on this team, just need a coach who has a clue to put it all together.  
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:26 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Fic Noles has been known to get 98 TDs and 0 INTs per season, when given a chance.

It was 98 TDs and 2 INTs...get it right!

(12-10-2017, 09:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or he left for more $ and happened to get lucky the Rams new HC has turned them around...

I'm not sure how lucky a team has to be to turn things around when they fire a HC who has been under-achieving for over a decade, make a big move to secure a #1 overall pick QB, and do stuff like hire GMs and so on and so forth.  Higher ceiling, lower floor...so be it.  Perhaps that's what players want.

The fact that the Bengals didn't see the point in paying their best veteran O-linemen really speaks volumes about which franchise is making more of an effort.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It was 98 TDs and 2 INTs...get it right!

I'm not sure how lucky a team has to be to turn things around when they fire a HC who has been under-achieving for over a decade, make a big move to secure a #1 overall pick QB, and do stuff like hire GMs and so on and so forth.  Higher ceiling, lower floor...so be it.  Perhaps that's what players want.

The fact that the Bengals didn't see the point in paying their best veteran O-linemen really speaks volumes about which franchise is making more of an effort.

Cue up the Hobson “The Bengals are staying true to their process” article to refute these negative assertions. The only hope here is Mike Clown looks at the past few weeks and all the empty seats. Empty seats mean less beer and hot dog sales. Empty seats mean smaller bonuses to the family at the end of the year. Impacting the family’s finances is the only reason that Mike will change the operation.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
And Whit had another good game today. Ragdolled a few guys.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Remember when we laughed at him for leaving his "chance at a ring" here in order to play for a terrible team?  Ouch.  It's almost like NFL players know more about what goes on in the NFL than we do.

Yeah I told people the Rams were closer to winning than us and people laughed.

Most Bengals fans live in willful ignorance. They like thinking that our draft picks are all stars. They think we're a SB contender every year.
Reply/Quote
Really happy for Whit. He's a Bengal you can be proud of, on and off the field.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Compare how the Rams and Bengals worked the last free agency. Competent moves provide better results than incompetent moves, who would have thought.
Reply/Quote