Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Whit's comment says it all.
(03-14-2017, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, what about the $13 million guaranteed?

Isn't that a little more than they paid Dansby?

Did you look at his contract? Obviously not. His salary this year and the bonus is guaranteed. If the Rams cut him next year the only dead money is the pro rated bonus. His guaranteed salary this year is only $166,667 dollars more than what the Bengals paid him last year. The salary cap went up $12 million this year which is like a gift from the NFL to the Bengals to re-sign one of their own.
Reply/Quote
[quote='Nate (formerly eliminate08)' pid='357854' dateline='1489523512']

It was worse than cherry picking.

Making it look like Whit hates Cincy instead of what he really meant is extremely misleading by the OP.

Whit like you said if anything was being very respectful and just didn't want to play us.

Going to an NFC team like the Rams is an easier transition.
[/quote

Wrong again. Did I say Whit hates the Bengals? ....Nope, nice try though. Wasn't even close to my intent. I'm quite sure Whit loved Cincinnati, He has said as much. I'm sure He loves Mike Brown too. Who wouldn't love a guy who paid you millions of dollars. I'm just saying that for an organization that puts as much stock into "Loyalty" (see Marvin Lewis), They didn't show that to Whit. If the deals were close enough, I believe Whit would have stayed. But the Bengals Low-balled him and was probably asking him to switch to Guard ( as he eluded in the ESPN article, to make room for Ced who is unproven at best.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sure seemed that was what you were alluding to. I apologize if this was not the case.

It was ridiculous to not bring Whit back no question. We needed to keep him here after Og's showing last year.

To low ball him was assinine. I will never understand this.

It would be different if he shown some fall off, but Whit was playing very good last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 06:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure seemed that was what you were alluding to. I apologize if this was not the case.

It was ridiculous to not bring Whit back no question. We needed to keep him here after Og's showing last year.

To low ball him was assinine. I will never understand this.

It would be different if he shown some fall off, but Whit was playing very good last year.

Agreed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Losing players like an open artery. This is pure lunacy if we're letting good talent walk just to get picks. Meanwhile we're wasting good years of our core talent. Mike Brown is a god damn fool.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote