Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet
(09-19-2017, 11:53 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: He gets beaten with speed on the outside way too much for a guy that has his kind of athleticism/size. He just doesn't do much good at all. If you look at him he just appears to be the perfect physical specimen for a LT in the modern NFL, but he simply doesn't play that way. I don't think he will amount to anything better than a below average starting LT at the very best. He has never shown anything ... ever.

The only widlcard in all of this is that "if" and im on the side of "he is" Alexander is a bad coach and we get some kind of Offensive line Whisperer in here to coach these guys to the best they could ever be, then maybe ... just maybe Ced becomes something. But this franchise is not the franchise that will pay for that kind of guy to come here.

I think reps and experience will fix a lot of his wiffed blocks confidence could help him a ton. The bull rush concerns me most of all but I think that can be corrected as well. Most of this should be fixed with games under his belt at LT.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 05:33 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The Bengals should have frachised him it was an a easy decision to make. Anyone who isn't being critical of that decision is being a homer.

No, it doesn't mean you are a homer if you're not critical of it.

I didn't agree with it, but at some point you have to make hard decisions.  Whit is getting up there in years and we drafted 2 OTs.  You made that move for reasons like this.

That being said, they picked the wrong tackle to draft.  It wasn't a bad move, they just didn't pick the right guy.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 06:31 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I think reps and experience will fix a lot of his wiffed blocks confidence could help him a ton. The bull rush concerns me most of all but I think that can be corrected as well. Most of this should be fixed with games under his belt at LT.

Lol, not sure what Cedric you watched. The one I watched was a total failure. He gave up qb pressure/sack on nearly every single drive, had  a total lack of hustle -- Almost seems afraid to hit people.  I would honestly be surprised if he is even playing football next season. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 03:32 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Kind of reminds me of when we let Steinbach go the same year Levi Jones and Willie Anderson were recovering from injuries and Braham retired and the failed Stacy Andrews project.  That only resulted in a bloody nose for Carson and a season ending elbow injury.  But don't worry I'm sure Alexander thoroughly scouted our two young new tackles and they are clearly on the all-pro track.

why did you remind me of that horrible season. Cry
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 05:33 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The Bengals should have frachised him it was an a easy decision to make. Anyone who isn't being critical of that decision is being a homer.

How much was the franchise tag?  It might have been something like $15 million?  I am still not sure I do that in lieu of having the cap space for Burfict's deal.  

It seems like they could have done both, but they were invested in Ced and now we are sinking with that ship.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 06:58 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Just watched Ogbuehi in slow motion every snap of the last game against the Texans. He looked like a guy getting his second start at his true LT position. Not great at all needs to work on the bull rush but he is not weak just needs help with technique. He wiffed on some blocks but he does not deserve the sky is falling comments he gets here. He is asked to block at the second level a lot. He does not really look like a polished first round pick but he has been sitting on the bench for three years or playing out of position at RT. I do predict he plays here for a long time as our starting LT if he can just slow the bull rush a little bit better.

Might be the worst post of the year. "True LT position"  what drugs are you on?  Excuses are like a55holes, everyone has on and they all stink.
Reply/Quote