Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(10-09-2018, 06:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Man, even when your rampant misrepresentation is called out, you respond by doing it even more. 

Well, one may have to consider the source of the "calling out" and their desire to do it "even more"

Can you provide an example of where one's thoughts alone makes them a bad person?

If you can, please do; if you cannot then quit with the biased, narrow-minded assertion of rationality.   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-09-2018, 06:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can you provide an example of where one's thoughts alone makes them a bad person?

Anyone who thinks it is okay to rape babies is a bad person in my book.
(10-09-2018, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure can't, but you cannot kill a person with your thoughts. 

As I stated thought (motive) can mitigate or exacerbate the action; but the action is still required. 

Sorry you still cannot grasp the concept. Perhaps we could meet up and I could draw a picture in crayon or perhaps a presentation using sock puppets.

The action is neutral.  It is neither good or bad.  That is why the action does not make a person "bad".  Instead it is the thoughts.

How can you say he action is what determines if a person is "good" or "bad" when the exact same action can be committed by two different people making one bad and the other good.
(10-09-2018, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone who thinks it is okay to rape babies is a bad person in my book.

Any example of those folks? Perhaps, you are unsure what an example is. I get you're trying to defend a feeble assertion and I'm digging it. I do hope you, Matt, and Pat continue. Earlier I had yielded the point, but you guys wanted to double down on it; so, I happy to let you all try to defend this silly assertion. 

Anybody ever rape a baby with their thoughts? 

(10-09-2018, 07:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The action is neutral.  It is neither good or bad.  That is why the action does not make a person "bad".  Instead it is the thoughts.

How can you say he action is what determines if a person is "good" or "bad" when the exact same action can be committed by two different people making one bad and the other good.

The action is required. Please continue. 

(10-09-2018, 07:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The action is required. Please continue. 

If the exact same action can make one person good and another person bad then it is not the action that determines if a person is good or bad.
(10-09-2018, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody ever rape a baby with their thoughts? 

No, but they "lust in their hearts".

Smirk
(10-09-2018, 07:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If the exact same action can make one person good and another person bad then it is not the action that determines if a person is good or bad.

Put it on a post card, but the action is required to determine if it is good or bad. As I have repeatedly said in this thread: thought alone cannot make one a bad person. The thought can determine the quality of the action. It's an elementary concept; I have 0 idea why you, and the Atts cannot grasp it. But I'm digging that you cannot. 

(10-09-2018, 07:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No, but they "lust in their hearts".

Smirk

OK? This is great.

(10-09-2018, 07:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OK? This is great.

Matthew 5:28 

But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
(10-09-2018, 07:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Put it on a post card, but the action is required to determine if it is good or bad. As I have repeatedly said in this thread: thought alone cannot make one a bad person. The thought can determine the quality of the action. It's an elementary concept; I have 0 idea why you, and the Atts cannot grasp it. But I'm digging that you cannot. 

So if a person tells you he thinks it is okay to rape babies you don't think he is a bad person?
(10-09-2018, 06:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, one may have to consider the source of the "calling out" and their desire to do it "even more"

Can you provide an example of where one's thoughts alone makes them a bad person?

If you can, please do; if you cannot then quit with the biased, narrow-minded assertion of rationality.   

What does me giving "an example of where one's thoughts alone makes them a bad person" have to do with you misrepresenting Matt's argument that thoughts do matter by claiming that he argued that thoughts can be as bad as actions? This is a really bad attempt at misdirection.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-09-2018, 07:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So if a person tells you he thinks it is okay to rape babies you don't think he is a bad person?

Telling me would be an action Fred. Thanks. 

(10-09-2018, 07:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What does me giving "an example of where one's thoughts alone makes them a bad person" have to do with you misrepresenting Matt's argument that thoughts do matter by claiming that he argued that thoughts can be as bad as actions? This is a really bad attempt at misdirection.

Matt has already admitted he considered "all things equal". 

Do you have an example of a person's thought alone making them a bad person? If not then Matt's assertion that both thought and deed make someone bad (regardless of degree) is incorrect. 

(10-09-2018, 07:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Matt has already admitted he considered "all things equal". 

Do you have an example of a person's thought alone making them a bad person? If not then Matt's assertion that both thought and deed make someone bad (regardless of degree) is incorrect. 

No he didn't. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-09-2018, 07:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Telling me would be an action Fred. Thanks. 

You would not be judging the action, though. It wouldn't be the action that made them bad. The action just made you aware they were bad. Get it yet?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-27-2018, 01:06 PM)Benton Wrote: Sure it is.

It's freedom of the press... not freedom of most of the press. Apply the same logic across the rest of the first.

We don't prohibit the practicing of religion... except Methodists. It's just one branch and they're basically Catholics anyway.
We don't prohibit the right to peacefully assemble... except short people. Dwarfs are creepy.
We don't abridge free speech... except people with lisps. Makes us laugh too much.

He banned 1 person, not the news agency.
They are free to send another in that person place.

Personally, I'd ban every mofo that opened their mouth and interrupted me while I'm making a statement.
Questions should be asked when it's time for questions to be asked, otherwise STFU and listen.
(07-27-2018, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the way I see it.  All of our "freedoms" are limited.  We have freedom of speech, but you can't slander or incite a right with speech.

Same goes with freedom of the press.  You can't just yell questions about anything at the President anytime and anywhere you want.  What if the President is giving a speech or greeting a foreign diplomat?  Can she just yell endless questions at him?

Yes finally some common sense!
you can't just yell and yell and yell and expect to be treated fairly.

It might not be the questions that are the problem, just the constantly being rude part.
(10-09-2018, 07:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No he didn't. 

Okey Doke, you are quite the spokesman today.

Any examples of a person's thoughts alone making them a bad person or is your intent just to argue semantics?

(10-09-2018, 07:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You would not be judging the action, though. It wouldn't be the action that made them bad. The action just made you aware they were bad. Get it yet?

Sure I would. Without the action there is no determination of "badness" to judge. Their words just made me aware of their thoughts. I've gotten it from the beginning.

Can you provide me with any example of a person's thoughts alone making them a bad person? Let me answer that for you: You cannot. The action is required. I cannot believe I'm trying to explain this simple concept to grown folks. 

I appreciate the solidarity that you Pat, and Fred have displayed, but it is absolutely ludicrous. A person's thoughts cannot make them a bad person without action. 

This is exactly what I said that started all your object:

"It's a person's action, not thoughts that make them a bad person"

What laws do we currently have against thought?