Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White kids (with Trump sign) turn backs on black players
(12-16-2016, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, no doubt there are small minded folks influenced by a great many things. I was just looking for a direct quote; as i believe SSf also inquired as to.

BLM members have advocated killing cops, Obama supports the BLM movement. Is it fair to say Obamais a symbol for killing cops?

If people aren't holding up Obama signs while killing cops, then no, it would not be fair to say Obama is a symbol for killing cops, any more than it would be to say that Bfine is a symbol for killing cops.

If a group of black men in one state break into a white person's house and write racist words on the wall along with Obama's name, and if high school kids in another state chant Obama while harassing white children, and a group of Black Panthers in still another state hold a rally shouting hail Obama, because they think he will soon be deporting white people then yes, we should be asking what Obama is saying to make people think his presidency gives them permission to do that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-17-2016, 01:15 AM)Dill Wrote: If people aren't holding up Obama signs while killing cops, then no, it would not be fair to say Obama is a symbol for killing cops, any more than it would be to say that Bfine is a symbol for killing cops.

But it is OK to paint a school tradition as racist because someone is holding a Trump sign.

Seems open-minded left the building a long time ago.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-17-2016, 10:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: But it is OK to paint a school tradition as racist because someone is holding a Trump sign.

I wonder why they held the sign at all?

Almost as if it stood for something....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-15-2016, 01:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't disagree with you, especially because trying to know their intentions is impossible. Only they will know if it was racially motivated because they didn't make it obvious that it was, and if it was it would have been before the Trump sign was involved. Too many unknowns to say either way.

I will say this, however, and that is that hate speech is something that hasn't been deemed as protected completely by the courts. That is one thing that, if this were a more overtly racist situation, would make it a bit different than the kneeling during the anthem. Disrespectt is disrespect in my book, but the courts have a mixed precedent with hate speech.

Good take.

Here's my take on the OP's article.

The school officials quoted tell you all you need to know. First, there's the non-apology apology. Either back your students, or don't. But don't do the non-apology apology.

Then, there's the "tradition" at this school of supporting what school officials call "unsportsmanlike conduct." So, to paraphrase, it seems the school's position is: 

Yeah, we've proudly encouraged and condoned our students acting like assholes for generations, but we do admit that 
     sometimes they may appear to some ***** who are easily offended to cross a line in a situation like this where one 
     goes off script. And, while we totally support them upholding a tradition of bad sportsmanship, we are going to pretend
     that we are sorry about it. You know, we are going to offer the same sort of fake apology we demand from a student in 
     the dean's office before doing nothing to better educate them or challenge them to a higher standard of conduct. So, 
     here's your fake apology, and we will continue encouraging our students to be assholes and feigning contrition when 
     called on it. 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(12-17-2016, 12:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: I wonder why they held the sign at all?

Perhaps to show their support for the President elect

Shame on anyone that would use a sign of the President Elect as a show of racism

All the more shame on anyone that would legitimize it as such; especially adults. 

(12-17-2016, 10:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: But it is OK to paint a school tradition as racist because someone is holding a Trump sign.

I haven't "painted" anything.

If Trump wants his name disassociated from White Nationalism, he could take steps to do that.

Now that so many racists are using Trump's name as a symbol of white nationalism, perhaps that is what people ought to be discussing rather than whether some school tradition is slighted because people choose to display Trump signs. 

Why do you suppose the students held up Trump signs at a sports venue when they were dissing another teams. Were they expressing their support for Trump's cabinet choices?
(12-17-2016, 12:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: I wonder why they held the sign at all?

They hate Hillary for giving Bernie the shaft and screwing them out of a free college education ?
Smirk

(12-17-2016, 01:58 PM)Dill Wrote: Why do you suppose the students held up Trump signs at a sports venue when they were dissing another teams. Were they expressing their support for Trump's cabinet choices?

Well..... given the description of the other team, it's obvious they were are Democrats.
Ninja
(12-17-2016, 01:58 PM)Dill Wrote: I haven't "painted" anything.

If Trump wants his name disassociated from White Nationalism, he could take steps to do that.

Now that so many racists are using Trump's name as a symbol of white nationalism, perhaps that is what people ought to be discussing rather than whether some school tradition is slighted because people choose to display Trump signs. 

Why do you suppose the students held up Trump signs at a sports venue when they were dissing another teams. Were they expressing their support for Trump's cabinet choices?

Trump has disavowed support from such organizations, not sure what else he can do, beside always carry a bottle of Hot Sauce with him like Hills does.

I have no idea why the kids held the sign, but I doubt it is because they are racists. They just added something to a gesture they've done for years. Same on adults for making it into such. 

(12-17-2016, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Trump has disavowed support from such organizations, not sure what else he can do, beside always carry a bottle of Hot Sauce with him like Hills does.

I have no idea why the kids held the sign, but I doubt it is because they are racists. They just added something to a gesture they've done for years. Same on adults for making it into such. 

If you have no idea why the Trump sign was displayed that means all possibilities are still on the table. How can you doubt a possible intention when you just admitted you have "no idea" what their intention was?

There is a pretty good possibility my statement made sense in my head, but not in your's. 
(12-17-2016, 07:22 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: There is a pretty good possibility my statement made sense in my head, but not in your's. 
I'm gonna put that at 100%

(12-17-2016, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Trump has disavowed support from such organizations, not sure what else he can do, beside always carry a bottle of Hot Sauce with him like Hills does.

After posing ignorance of them, when pressed, he tepidly disavowed them. Their leaders claim he must say this to keep mainstream votes.

There are a number of things he could do beyond this, to drive the point home, but he chooses not to.

Since it is now common to brandish Trump's name during public acts of racism, why would you doubt the students in this incident were not doing so? 
If people just "add" a gesture to something done for years, the question is why?  Why THAT particular gesture, at a time when others are using
the same symbol in other racial confrontations.  Why not a peace sign or a steelers logos or an American flag?
(12-17-2016, 08:00 PM)Dill Wrote: After posing ignorance of them, when pressed, he tepidly disavowed them. Their leaders claim he must say this to keep mainstream votes.

There are a number of things he could do beyond this, to drive the point home, but he chooses not to.

Since it is now common to brandish Trump's name during public acts of racism, why would you doubt the students in this incident were not doing so? 
If people just "add" a gesture to something done for years, the question is why?  Why THAT particular gesture, at a time when others are using
the same symbol in other racial confrontations.  Why not a peace sign or a steelers logos or an American flag?

So he disavowed them but not to your standard.....noted.

IF you want me to get inside the kids heads I would say they did it because it was popular.

The truly sad thing is that for years these kids have done this, then once they hold a Trump sign it equals racisim.

Here's the video:

https://www.facebook.com/antonia.lakylia/videos/1253438481379742/

Kids are being kids, but adults with agendas now have to say it is racist because one of the have a Trump sign. It is truly sad; I'm just glad I can look at myself in the mirror in the morning and know that I'm not fanning the flames. 

(12-17-2016, 08:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So he disavowed them but not to your standard.....noted.

IF you want me to get inside the kids heads I would say they did it because it was popular.

The truly sad thing is that for years these kids have done this, then once they hold a Trump sign it equals racisim.

Here's the video:

https://www.facebook.com/antonia.lakylia/videos/1253438481379742/

Kids are being kids, but adults with agendas now have to say it is racist because one of the have a Trump sign. It is truly sad; I'm just glad I can look at myself in the mirror in the morning and know that I'm not fanning the flames. 

So Trump disavowed them to your standard. Also noted.

Kids with racist agendas (WHITE POWER!!) holding Trump signs are not just "being kids" in my neck of the woods.

Denial is also an "agenda."

Why would you suggest that people who call out racism are fanning the flames rather
than those engaging in racist behavior?
(12-17-2016, 08:43 PM)Dill Wrote: So Trump disavowed them to your standard. Also noted.

Kids with racist agendas (WHITE POWER!!) holding Trump signs are not just "being kids" in my neck of the woods.

Denial is also an "agenda."  

Why would you suggest that people who call out racism are fanning the flames rather
than those engaging in racist behavior?

Yep, you caught me: denial!! Kids have been doing it forever, no problem; kids do it once where one of the many of them is holding a Trump sign and RACIST!!!

I'm sorry your candidate lost, but there is going to come a time where you guys are going to have to put on your Big Boy Britches and stop being so damn petty. 

(12-17-2016, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, you caught me: denial!! Kids have been doing it forever, no problem; kids do it once where one of the many of them is holding a Trump sign and RACIST!!!

I'm sorry your candidate lost, but there is going to come a time where you guys are going to have to put on your Big Boy Britches and stop being so damn petty. 

We don't have to accept racism because Trump the electoral college.
(12-17-2016, 09:05 PM)Dill Wrote: We don't have to accept racism because Trump the electoral college.

Nope you don't; however, recognizing it may be a requirement. 

(12-17-2016, 07:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm gonna put that at 100%

[Image: AAEAAQAAAAAAAAVBAAAAJGYyNzIxNTk2LWVjZWYt...ZGUwYw.jpg]

I understand many things you can't because I'm two standard deviations to the right of you on an IQ bell curve. 
(12-17-2016, 11:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: [Image: AAEAAQAAAAAAAAVBAAAAJGYyNzIxNTk2LWVjZWYt...ZGUwYw.jpg]

I understand many things you can't because I'm two standard deviations to the right of you on an IQ bell curve. 

I just see a boobie.
Ninja
(12-17-2016, 11:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: [Image: AAEAAQAAAAAAAAVBAAAAJGYyNzIxNTk2LWVjZWYt...ZGUwYw.jpg]

I appears you always feel the need to assure yourself and others of this. Perhaps as if you are trying to compensate for something.

(12-17-2016, 11:41 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I just see a boobie.
Ninja

Were you refering to the diagram or the poster?