Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White panels on jerseys are gone
(08-07-2018, 07:25 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hopefully the team is more disciplined than in the past and we don’t have to see those anymore. Ninja

[Image: elastic.jpg]

Hilarious  Good one!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 04:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When did they wear all orange?

Not sure exactly and maybe I am just recalling a uniform forum on here or old board where people were playing around. 

Am not really a fashion aficionado anyway.    Weird because have watched every Bengals game since late 70's and possibly longer but certainly skipped a few as a child. Plus attended almost every home game since 91.

Yet have not even hardly noticed any changes except for when they put the stripes on their helmets. 

Remember having a SB party in Louisville that year themed the "Striper Bowl" where we special ordered a keg of Little Kings and made our own knock off version of SkyLine chili dogs and were pumped beyond imagination. Ended on a more sour note but that is the only real change they have ever made in uni's that I thought made a difference.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 04:54 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I think he means white

No do not mind the white pants at all and prefer them to the black. Yet really only care how they play as opposed to how they look being I never  buy or wear jersey's that were not my own.

Although did buy one for a nephew for Christmas once per being a bigger deal to younger people. But then Carson threw a hissy fit and it went from a great present to "I will never wear this again" in only a few months.

Will never do that again unless it is a retired great. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Hey, if I knew for sure they would win the Super bowl I'd be ok if they had to wear their grandmas underwear every game . 

And why am I seeing that damned Ann Taylor fashion ad right under the submit button? I'm not buying women's clothing from this (or any other) site, and ESPECIALLY not from a football board.. 
Edit : I'm guessing that the old woman is occasionally checking up on whatever I'm posting and we both get a lot of the same ads.. 
She complains about seeing ads for tools on her feeds.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 07:25 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hopefully the team is more disciplined than in the past and we don’t have to see those anymore. Ninja

[Image: elastic.jpg]

Kinda hard to read the text on those pants...does it say "Cincy Jungle" or "County Jail"?  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 10:08 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Kinda hard to read the text on those pants...does it say "Cincy Jungle" or "County Jail"?  Ninja

The Bengals! The official sponsor of the Hamilton county jail.. Those "official sponsor of"  ads have always been a bit suspect.  Lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 10:11 AM)grampahol Wrote: The Bengals! The official sponsor of the Hamilton county jail.. Those "official sponsor of"  ads have always been a bit suspect.  Lol

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 12:29 AM)UKWhoDey Wrote: Im with you on those training camp jerseys.  All business, clean look.  I like 'em a lot more than our current gameday gear.

x3

(08-07-2018, 09:47 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure exactly and maybe I am just recalling a uniform forum on here or old board where people were playing around. 

Am not really a fashion aficionado anyway.    Weird because have watched every Bengals game since late 70's and possibly longer but certainly skipped a few as a child. Plus attended almost every home game since 91.

Yet have not even hardly noticed any changes except for when they put the stripes on their helmets. 

Remember having a SB party in Louisville that year themed the "Striper Bowl" where we special ordered a keg of Little Kings and made our own knock off version of SkyLine chili dogs and were pumped beyond imagination. Ended on a more sour note but that is the only real change they have ever made in uni's that I thought made a difference.

You sayin' we're gay for caring about the uniforms? I ain't gay man!

Just because I be looking at uniforms like...

[Image: 92616-chris-farley-sunglasses-up-gif-ojev.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
You all are crazy for preferring those practice jerseys over the gamers. They’re so boring.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 11:21 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: x3

You sayin' we're gay for caring about the uniforms? I ain't gay man!

Just because I be looking at uniforms like...

[Image: 92616-chris-farley-sunglasses-up-gif-ojev.gif]
It's ok we don't judge... Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 09:47 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure exactly and maybe I am just recalling a uniform forum on here or old board where people were playing around. 

They've never wore orange pants.  Yeah, both SBs tore me up!!! It was right there and then, poof, gone......
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 09:57 AM)Go Cards Wrote: No do not mind the white pants at all and prefer them to the black. Yet really only care how they play as opposed to how they look being I never  buy or wear jersey's that were not my own.

Although did buy one for a nephew for Christmas once per being a bigger deal to younger people. But then Carson threw a hissy fit and it went from a great present to "I will never wear this again" in only a few months.

Will never do that again unless it is a retired great. 

Prefer the black pants also! I've got a good collection of jerseys going, but I only wear one, my own, #2 (Rusty Wallace fan) with Sandwedge on the back. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 11:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You all are crazy for preferring those practice jerseys over the gamers. They’re so boring.

I just prefer less "busy" jerseys. I've always been a fan of the Raiders and 49ers jerseys due to their simplicity.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 11:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You all are crazy for preferring those practice jerseys over the gamers. They’re so boring.

Agreed. The practice jerseys look like.. Practice jerseys. 

I understand why some people would prefer them over the flashy game day jerseys, but come on now. We can do better... In fact, we have. The late 90's-early 2000's. 
Reply/Quote

I'm OK with the current unis.  I love the color schemes:  all black, black pants/ white jerseys, Orange with anything.

I don't like the white stripe on the jerseys

But I like a more basic design with subtle accents.   I'd love the current jerseys without the epaulet like stuff on the shoulders.  Do a plain jersey with an orange or black accent at the neck line, no white stripe down the jersey, make it a solid orange (or black) stripe down the side of the pants tapering like the current stripes on the pants  - but without the tiger stripes on the stripe.  And solid numbers on the jerseys.

It bugs me that the NFL is so stringent on the uniform thing.  Should be up to the team.  I loved the color rush uniforms.  They would be cool with a silver/black helmet.

And I'd love to have the original helmet designs for a couple of games, in fact the entire original uniform would be cool at least once a year - against Pittsburgh or Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
I’m mad i had to buy the $85 game bc i couldn’t find it in my heart to have the one with that ***** AB on the cover so i got the TO HOF edition just to still see AB in my loading screen. EA made history first female on cover of madden
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 06:10 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: I’m mad i had to buy the $85 game bc i couldn’t find it in my heart to have the one with that ***** AB on the cover so i got the TO HOF edition just to still see AB in my loading screen. EA made history first female on cover of madden

Rep.  That's some shit I would do.  I caught my self buying some black Nike's and put them back because they had some yellow on them.  
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 06:20 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Rep.  That's some shit I would do.  I caught my self buying some black Nike's and put them back because they had some yellow on them.  

Yeah, I can't go there either. Sucks because otherwise I like the color combination. My ideology just gets in the way and I can't get past it. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 11:56 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Prefer the black pants also! I've got a good collection of jerseys going, but I only wear one, my own, #2 (Rusty Wallace fan) with Sandwedge on the back. 

Whenever I see the all-black combo I flash back to January 2006 and Carson lying on the turf.  Twelve years later and that combo still gives me pause.

And, hey, cool: a uniform thread and it isn't even March yet   ThumbsUp 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 08:14 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Whenever I see the all-black combo I flash back to January 2006 and Carson lying on the turf.  Twelve years later and that combo still gives me pause.

And, hey, cool: a uniform thread and it isn't even March yet   ThumbsUp 

I think that playoff game was the second time the team ever went truly all black, the first being earlier in the 2005 season against Pittsburgh. Every other time the team wore "all black", they wore it with orange socks. 
Reply/Quote