Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White plus a little gloating
White is our first round pick. He needs to be(if he's still available. He is insane. Unbelievable. also not one to gloat but I got killed for this in here soI'm going to a little. Hernandez over Nelson seems to be the right pick so far for guard1.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 06:58 PM)Jpoore Wrote: White is our first round pick. He needs to be(if he's still available. He is insane. Unbelievable.  also not one to gloat but I got killed for this in here soI'm going to a little.  Hernandez over Nelson seems to be the right pick so far for guard1.

give data on White please
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who's White? What position does he play? What school does he play for?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 08:52 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who's White? What position does he play? What school does he play for?

Devon white is a lb from LSU. Projected first round pick. Fast and physical but currently lacking in play recognition (sound familiar).

And jpoore, please provide a link to a reputable source that shows Hernandez has outperformed Nelson. I believe most, if not all, will say Nelson has lived up to his draft status and will trump your opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Gotta believe linebacker is still behind G and OT for the Bengals as far as needs go. They may take an athletic LB like White in round 1 though as there usually good OL talent left in 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 11:32 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Devon white is a lb from LSU.  Projected first round pick.  Fast and physical but currently lacking in play recognition (sound familiar).

And jpoore, please provide a link to a reputable source that shows Hernandez has outperformed Nelson.  I believe most, if not all, will say Nelson has lived up to his draft status and will trump your opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likely PFF I think Hernandez has had a solid season but still has his issues. Really the difference between Hernandez Nelson and Ragnow is very small and any of them could really step up at the left guard position.

As for Devin White there's been wow plays and head scratchers 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 03:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Likely PFF I think Hernandez has had a solid season but still has his issues. Really the difference between Hernandez Nelson and Ragnow is very small and any of them could really step up at the left guard position.

As for Devin White there's been wow plays and head scratchers 

Yes pff... I just like that's he's very good at blitzing and plugging up running lanes... always knows what holes to hit. In zone he's hasent  been good but he's been amazing in man coverage
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 12:46 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yes pff... I just like that's he's very good at blitzing and plugging up running lanes... always knows what holes to hit. In zone he's hasent  been good but he's been amazing in man coverage

So, are you saying that he's pretty good, when he has a specific assignment, but is a liability in space where he's forced to make decisions?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 09:27 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, are you saying that he's pretty good, when he has a specific assignment, but is a liability in space where he's forced to make decisions?

If this is an accurate scouting report then i would rather pass on him.  Bengals need a backer that can handle space.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 01:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If this is an accurate scouting report then i would rather pass on him.  Bengals need a backer that can handle space.  

In my opinion, the very first thing that should be looked at, when considering a defensive player's value, is open field tacking ability.  The object of the defense is to stop the progress by putting the ball carrier on the ground.  All of the "wicked hits" in the world don't mean a thing, if you can't break it down and wrap the man up.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 01:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In my opinion, the very first thing that should be looked at, when considering a defensive player's value, is open field tacking ability.  The object of the defense is to stop the progress by putting the ball carrier on the ground.  All of the "wicked hits" in the world don't mean a thing, if you can't break it down and wrap the man up.

They also need a backer that can cover a freakin TE.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 01:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: They also need a backer that can cover a freakin TE.

Usually, the ones that are athletic enough to take down legit ball carriers in the open field are instinctive enough to make smart decisions in coverage.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 01:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Usually, the ones that are athletic enough to take down legit ball carriers in the open field are instinctive enough to make smart decisions in coverage.

Can't you learn zone thought vs Man we're you either have the Athleticism or not?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 06:22 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Can't you learn zone thought vs Man we're you either have the Athleticism or not?

Sure, and there are also LBs that diagnose the play perfectly and get themselves into perfect position to make the play, yet still end up getting dragged 5 yards down field with the play.  See:  Dhani Jones, Rey Maualuga, Vincent Rey as some good examples.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 09:27 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, are you saying that he's pretty good, when he has a specific assignment, but is a liability in space where he's forced to make decisions?
He's not a liability in space as far as tackling. But in a zone coverage where hes forced to play zone he's not all the way there yet. Dosent know how short or how far to drop. Seems like the iq is there just unsure of himself in zone. It's a easy coaching mistake and I've noticed he's gotten progressively better at it as the season has gone on.
(10-26-2018, 01:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If this is an accurate scouting report then i would rather pass on him.  Bengals need a backer that can handle space.  
I guess I should have explained more. He seems understand.sure of how far to drop and where his specific zone is. He is great at tackling in space, but a lot of players caught passes around him in his zone bc he didn't stop deep enough or was to deep. In man to man coverage he is a amazing cover lber.
(10-26-2018, 01:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In my opinion, the very first thing that should be looked at, when considering a defensive player's value, is open field tacking ability.  The object of the defense is to stop the progress by putting the ball carrier on the ground.  All of the "wicked hits" in the world don't mean a thing, if you can't break it down and wrap the man up.
He's great in the open field at wrapping up and tackling.
(10-26-2018, 01:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: They also need a backer that can cover a freakin TE.

That's white..
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 11:47 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He's not a liability in space as far as tackling. But in a zone coverage where hes forced to play zone he's not all the way there yet. Dosent know how short or how far to drop. Seems like the iq is there just unsure of himself in zone. It's a easy coaching mistake and I've noticed he's gotten progressively better at it as the season has gone on.

So, with him having some recognition/diagnosis issues to work out in development for a year or two, you thinking 2nd round, 3rd?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
White's a great player. But I'm really following Josh Allen as well. White is 6' 240. Allen is 6'4 250. While Allen is more of an edge, he also drops in coverage.

So far this year. White has 76 tackles, 7 TFL, 1 sack. Allen has 56 tackles, 14 1/2 TFL, 10 sacks.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 12:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, with him having some recognition/diagnosis issues to work out in development for a year or two, you thinking 2nd round, 3rd?
He's a top 15 talent. We'd be absolutely lucky and would sprint to the podium if have there when we pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 12:28 PM)Goalpost Wrote: White's a great player.  But I'm really following Josh Allen as well.  White is 6' 240.  Allen is 6'4 250.  While Allen is more of an edge, he also drops in coverage.  

So far this year.  White has 76 tackles, 7 TFL, 1 sack.  Allen has 56 tackles, 14 1/2 TFL, 10 sacks.

Allen is a pure 3-4 imo
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:45 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He's a top 15 talent. We'd be absolutely lucky and would sprint to the podium if have there when we pick.

After studying up on him, I agree.  Definitely take him in the 1st.  Been 10 years (K. Rivers 2008 USC), since the Bengals took a LB in the 1st round.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote