Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White plus a little gloating
(11-27-2018, 10:48 AM)Shady Wrote: Adams' back injury might be sending him back to the Huskies for another year. If he does come out this year, not sure we risk taking him. The injury sounds serious. 
The injury was a nuisance more than anything.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:34 PM)Synric Wrote: If the Bengals are drafting top 10 it might be hard to pass on a couple of the defensive linemen.

I know the Bengals really need a RT, a TE, and a LB but if someone like Ed Oliver falls to them he would be really hard to pass on.
Willams over oliver
Reply/Quote
With the situation now looking like the Bengals could be picking in or near the top 10, how does your point of view change on what positions they should be looking at?

Personally, I think you have to go with either LT, or LB. But knowing Mike Brown's tendencies, it'll likely be CB or WR.

Although, they could profit nicely by trading their 1st round pick to a team that wanted to get up for a QB..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 05:48 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Willams over oliver

That's a debate...do you take Oliver who has been disruptive for 3 years in a smaller conference or do you take the one hit wonder Williams who is showing up on a great team in a bigger conference...but one for one year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 08:36 PM)Synric Wrote: That's a debate...do you take Oliver who has been disruptive for 3 years in a smaller conference or do you take the one hit wonder Williams who is showing up on a great team in a bigger conference...but one for one year.
I think Oliver wnds up being the better Dt down the road but right now wilians is better and more impactful. Also Oliver seems to be a head case.
Reply/Quote
We will have to see Oliver's true measurements.... perhaps at the combine. A note in Walter says this...

This season in the Hot Press, we wrote about how not all NFL teams view Oliver as a high first-round pick. Sources say that Houston has Oliver weighing in at 275 pounds and having played as heavy as 282. The Cougars staff says that 285-290 pounds is too heavy for Oliver. He also is shorter than his listed height. Oliver does not have great strength, as he can struggle with mass and double teams. Some sources say that they are grading Oliver as a late first-round pick and expect him to go in the middle of Round 1.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:50 PM)Goalpost Wrote: We will have to see Oliver's true measurements.... perhaps at the combine.  A note in Walter says this...

This season in the Hot Press, we wrote about how not all NFL teams view Oliver as a high first-round pick. Sources say that Houston has Oliver weighing in at 275 pounds and having played as heavy as 282. The Cougars staff says that 285-290 pounds is too heavy for Oliver. He also is shorter than his listed height. Oliver does not have great strength, as he can struggle with mass and double teams. Some sources say that they are grading Oliver as a late first-round pick and expect him to go in the middle of Round 1.

Aaron Donald is 6'1", 280 lbs. I'm personally not concerned with his weight.
But it would be very surprising to see the Bengals not go LB, OL, or QB in the first round. And I only say QB if a new HC comes in and wants to get the next franchise QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 08:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With the situation now looking like the Bengals could be picking in or near the top 10, how does your point of view change on what positions they should be looking at?

Personally, I think you have to go with either LT, or LB.  But knowing Mike Brown's tendencies, it'll likely be CB or WR.

Although, they could profit nicely by trading their 1st round pick to a team that wanted to get up for a QB..

If it's me, I prefer to pick one of the following positions: OT, OG, QB, WR, LB, TE, DE, DT in that order. The first four positions can take a while to develop compared to the others. If we're in for a long rebuild, they may as well do it right and start developing the offensive core right away. It tends to be easier to plug and play on defense. QB is on the short list because hey, if he sits on the bench his entire rookie contract because Dalton is playing lights out then no harm no foul. With a young guy you potentially have light at the end of the tunnel. 

That being said, with the roster in the shape that it is in, they can't really afford to not hit with their first pick. If there's another position with exceedingly better talent on the board, I don't think that drafting for need really makes sense. 
Reply/Quote
I love Devin white(unless oliver is there)in 1 followed by Dee Ford(similar to boling all American in 2 spots and will help at guard and tackle) in 2 followed by Lindstrom in 3 if he's still there.
Reply/Quote