Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whites set to Lynch Blacks again?
Republican PAC" Black Americans for the President's Agenda" has created a radio ad warning Arkansans that black men are once again in danger of lynching, as white women gain the power to cry "rape" and the accused are simply presumed guilty. In other words, the goal of the add is to create and capitalize on Kavanaugh fallout.

Radio ad in Arkansas House race says 'white Democrats will be lynching black folk again'
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/politics/radio-ad-white-democrats-lynching-black-folk-congressman/index.html

"Our Congressman French Hill and the Republicans," a woman is heard saying in the radio ad, "know that it's dangerous to change the presumption of innocence to a presumption of guilt — especially for black men."
"If the Democrats can do that to a white Justice of the Supreme Court with no evidence, no corroboration and all of her witnesses, including her best friend, say it didn't happen -- what will happen to our husbands? Our fathers? Or our sons when a white girl lies on them?"

"Girl, white Democrats will be lynching black folk again,"

French Hill, to his credit, has condemned the add.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-19-2018, 12:27 AM)Dill Wrote: Republican PAC" Black Americans for the President's Agenda" has created a radio ad warning Arkansans that black men are once again in danger of lynching, as white women gain the power to cry "rape" and the accused are simply presumed guilty.  In other words, the goal of the add is to create and capitalize on Kavanaugh fallout.

Radio ad in Arkansas House race says 'white Democrats will be lynching black folk again'
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/politics/radio-ad-white-democrats-lynching-black-folk-congressman/index.html

"Our Congressman French Hill and the Republicans," a woman is heard saying in the radio ad, "know that it's dangerous to change the presumption of innocence to a presumption of guilt — especially for black men."
"If the Democrats can do that to a white Justice of the Supreme Court with no evidence, no corroboration and all of her witnesses, including her best friend, say it didn't happen -- what will happen to our husbands? Our fathers? Or our sons when a white girl lies on them?"

"Girl, white Democrats will be lynching black folk again,"

French Hill, to his credit, has condemned the add.

Over/under on the number of black americans in that PAC that were part of creating that ad?

Also taking numbers on how long until we get a post about how it WAS the democrats that were doing the lynching anyway.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
The morning show, on my drive to work, was discussing and taking calls about that ad. They played the ad in it's entirety. Most callers, myself included, thought the ad was worth a good chuckle more than anything else. As to the claim of "white folks to lynch blacks again"? That's a bit far reaching.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I guess they could claim they want to put them in chains again. Saying something like that doesn't seem to bother anyone.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-19-2018, 08:56 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I guess they could claim they want to put them in chains again.  Saying something like that doesn't seem to bother anyone.

LOL.

I was wondering when someone would say "well, that's not as bas as...."
(10-19-2018, 09:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: LOL.

I was wondering when someone would say "well, that's not as bas as...."

I think I was calling it equal.  I mean not in reaction of course.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-19-2018, 09:12 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I think I was calling it equal.  I mean not in reaction of course.

'K.

I'll wait for them to explain it then.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-tells-african-american-audience-gop-ticket-would-put-them-back-in-chains/

Quote:Biden told more than 800 ticketed supporters that Romney wants to repeal the financial regulations enacted after the Wall Street crash of 2008. "He's going to let the big banks once again write their own rules - unchain Wall Street!" Biden said. Then he added, "They're going to put you all back in chains" with their economic and regulatory policies.

Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul said Biden's comments "are not acceptable in our political discourse and demonstrate yet again that the Obama campaign will say and do anything to win this election. President Obama should tell the American people whether he agrees with Joe Biden's comments."

Stephanie Cutter, deputy campaign manager of the Obama campaign, called Saul's statement "faux outrage. She said on MSNBC that Biden was "using a metaphor to talk about what's going to happen" if Romney is elected and financial reform is repealed. and "we have no problem with those comments" in their full context.

The Obama campaign later put out a statement that said Biden's comment was a variation on comments Republicans have made about unshackling the private sector, and his own frequent references to the need to unshackle the middle class. "Today's comments were a derivative of those remarks, describing the devastating impact letting Wall Street write its own rules again would have on middle class families," the campaign said.

I'm sure there is a metaphor the PAC is using to scare black men who look at white women.   Mellow  
(10-19-2018, 09:17 AM)GMDino Wrote: 'K.

I'll wait for them to explain it then.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-tells-african-american-audience-gop-ticket-would-put-them-back-in-chains/

I'm sure there is a metaphor the PAC is using to scare black men who look at white women.   Mellow  

What's with the added part after "chains"?  That seems just a tad bit deceptive don't you think?  Almost like the casual reader might think that was part of what he said. Dog whistle.

(10-19-2018, 09:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: What's with the added part after "chains"?  That seems just a tad bit deceptive don't you think?  Almost like the casual reader might think that was part of what he said.  Dog whistle.

That is called "context".  It helps a listener/reader understand the words before and after.

Or we can just take one line out of an entire speech and create our own narrative.  "What difference does it make?"  Smirk
(10-19-2018, 09:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: That is called "context".  It helps a listener/reader understand the words before and after.

Or we can just take one line out of an entire speech and create our own narrative.  "What difference does it make?"  Smirk

You don't add context as a continuation of the sentence where the speaker left off.  

(10-19-2018, 09:44 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You don't add context as a continuation of the sentence where the speaker left off.  

Mellow

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/vice-president-joe-bidens-back-chains-comment-draws-17008882

There is him talking about the republicans "unchaining" business before he makes his chain reference.

"context"

"What difference does it make?"
(10-19-2018, 10:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/vice-president-joe-bidens-back-chains-comment-draws-17008882

There is him talking about the republicans "unchaining" business before he makes his chain reference.

"context"

"What difference does it make?"

Yeah it's in the story you quoted.  Dog whistle.

Found the entire speech.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?307584-1/vice-president-joe-biden-danville-virginia

Quote:And these guys say they care about the middle class. (Boos.)
 Show Less Text

[Image: height.69.no_border.width.69.jpg]
Joe Biden Jr.
You know, my dad had another saying, and I've been saying this for -- (chuckles) -- 20 years, but my dad used to say when someone would be at the dinner table -- and my dad was a -- a consummate host; no one could say anything wrong in our house. There was -- they were the guest. It's like the customer is always right, and -- but some would say, well, you know, Joe, let me tell you what I value or what they value, et cetera. My dad would say, Charlie, don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget, and I will tell you what you value. (Laughter.)
 Show Less Text

Joe Biden Jr.
Don't tell me you value women in the workplace and don't hire any women. Don't tell me you value and so on. Well, let's take a look, because now we got a real clear picture, as Tom pointed out. We got a real clear picture of what they all value. They said it. Every Republican's voted for it. Look at what they value and look at their budget and what they're proposing. Romney wants to let the -- he said in the first hundred days he's going to let the big banks once again write their own rules -- (audience murmurs) -- unchain Wall Street.
 Show Less Text

AUDIENCE MEMBER
Boo!

Joe Biden Jr.
They're going to put you all back in chains. (Laughter, boos.) He said he's going to do nothing about stopping the practice of outsourcing. Republicans even voted down a proposal to say, OK, we're not going to give a tax break like we do now to companies who unbolt the machinery on the floor and send it to Singapore. They get a tax break for that, by the way.
 Show Less Text

AUDIENCE MEMBER
Boo!

Joe Biden Jr.
We're not going to do that anymore. We're going to give a tax break to any company unbolts their factory stuff in Singapore and brings it back to Danville. (Cheers, applause.) It's not going to change the world, but guess what, they voted against it. Romney opposes it.

So, back to the lynching....
(10-19-2018, 10:16 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah it's in the story you quoted.  Dog whistle.

You couldn't be more wrong.  And that says a lot.
(10-19-2018, 10:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: You couldn't be more wrong.  And that says a lot.

Didn't know wrong had gradation.  But dog whistle.

(10-19-2018, 10:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: Found the entire speech.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?307584-1/vice-president-joe-biden-danville-virginia

So, back to the lynching....

Yeah I read the speech.  Dog whistle.

(10-19-2018, 10:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah I read the speech.  Dog whistle.

That's cute.  Wrong, but cute.  Your buddies will be proud.

Anything on the Lynching ad?
(10-19-2018, 10:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's cute.  Wrong, but cute.  Your buddies will be proud.

Yeah I think it's horrible, but I'm not selectively outraged.  Anyone remember the ad by the daughter of that man that was dragged to death?  Byrd I believe was his name?  That was a good one too.  

(10-19-2018, 10:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's cute.  Wrong, but cute.  Your buddies will be proud.

Not wrong.  There were white people there as well.  Wouldn't they be affected?  Why "back" in chains then?  Dog whistle.

(10-19-2018, 10:46 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Not wrong.  There were white people there as well.  Wouldn't they be affected?  Why "back" in chains then?  Dog whistle.

While the "bfine school of repeating what you said wrong hoping it will suddenly be true" method is appreciated...you are still wrong.

Poor phrasing?  Should he have said "unshackled" and "shackled" instead? Maybe.  Dog whistle?  Only to republicans who overlook every racial statement made by their own and want to take one line out of context to say "the other side" is more racist.

If you read the entire thing and think he meant republicans would literally put black (and white) people in chains you can't be more wrong.  If you read him talking about unchaining businesses and putting people in chains as racial at all you can't be more wrong.

And your response say you are fine with the lynching ad, so there's that.

I know I should stop expecting more but that's what these boards have become.