Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whittworth - Does he stay or does he go?
One of my favorite Bengals of all time in his final year of this contract. He is a huge cap hit for the Rams who currently sit almost 20 million OVER the cap. If he retires or if they cut him, there is only 1.6 million in dead money so Rams save around 17 million.

Of course, they then need a LT.

Will Whitt retire? If not, will they cut him or ask him to reduce his salary in 2022?

Call me crazy, but I would love for Whitt to come home and play RT for us for a year at around 10 million. Likely won't happen, but would love to see one of all time greats retire in a Bengals uniform.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 10:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: One of my favorite Bengals of all time in his final year of this contract. He is a huge cap hit for the Rams who currently sit almost 20 million OVER the cap. If he retires or if they cut him, there is only 1.6 million in dead money so Rams save around 17 million.

Will Whitt retire? If not, will they cut him or ask him to reduce his salary in 2022?

Call me crazy, but I would love for Whitt to come home and play RT for us for a year at around 10 million. Likely won't happen, but would love to see one of all time greats retire in a Bengals uniform.

They have a young guy they are real big on... but I think they need to extend him as well.  I agree that I dont see any way in the world he comes back here.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 10:44 AM)casear2727 Wrote: They have a young guy they are real big on... but I think they need to extend him as well.  I agree that I dont see any way in the world he comes back here.

Yes, they do have the replacement, but the replacement is a free agent and they did to tag him. It is understandable since a page would be 16 million, but good chance this layer has FA now.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 12:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, they do have the replacement, but the replacement is a free agent and they did to tag him. It is understandable since a page would be 16 million, but good chance this layer has FA now.

The thinking is they do what they need to keep him and he wants to stay, according to their insiders, the guy played pretty well when Whit was out.  If he tests the market it would be interesting.

Reply/Quote
I don't think Whitworth will come back to play for less than the amount Bates isn't happy about.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 10:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: One of my favorite Bengals of all time in his final year of this contract. He is a huge cap hit for the Rams who currently sit almost 20 million OVER the cap. If he retires or if they cut him, there is only 1.6 million in dead money so Rams save around 17 million.

Bring him back to play LT for a season or so.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like they've grown fond of the Cali living too.
Reply/Quote
40+ years old just won a superbowl

Time for Whit to retire.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:05 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Sounds like they've grown fond of the Cali living too.

(03-11-2022, 03:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 40+ years old just won a superbowl

Time for Whit to retire.

I agree if he doesnt play for the Rams in 2022 I expect he retires. He probably doesnt want to move his family again. I think he's also invested into some businesses in California too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote