Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Whitworth-Bengals lowballed
Throw away the myth that the Bengals were in the running with their money offer to Whitworth and it was the length of contract that drove him away.  Per Whit, the Bengals were the low dollar outlier of all his offers.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/04/andrew-whitworth-reveals-bengals-lowballed-him-contract-discussions/

Whitworth himself said on the Rams Revealed podcast that the Bengals weren’t close to “three or four” other offers:

“For me honestly I had three or four offers that were all really right the same. The only real offer for me, unfortunately, that wasn’t really equivalent to the others was the team I was with, the Cincinnati Bengals, were really the only team that was the outlier in the offers I received. So I knew that that probably meant for me, really the situation I was under, and the excitement to try and go win, really not having much of a commitment from them, felt like I was going to have to go somewhere.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Shocker
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The Bengals F.O. thought they could strong arm Whit, they failed. As has the MB&ML led Bengals in damn near everything.
Reply/Quote
So......does this mean my "cheap bastard" comments were not out of line a week or so ago? Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Bengals F.O. thought they could strong arm Whit, they failed. As has the MB&ML led Bengals in damn near everything.

Ha!  We showed his ass!  While he is wasting away in LA with a young coach who knows nothing about the game of football, we drafted a couple of young studs who will dominate for years to come!! 

BTW Whitworth dont even bother coming back to Cincy and telling Mike Brown that you will help the OLine out for free when you retire. We dont need you because this line is rock solid baby!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: So......does this mean my "cheap bastard" comments were not out of line a week or so ago? Ninja

You're always out of line    Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Mike, Katie, and Troy can get ****** over this.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:04 PM)pally Wrote: Throw away the myth that the Bengals were in the running with their money offer to Whitworth and it was the length of contract that drove him away.  Per Whit, the Bengals were the low dollar outlier of all his offers.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/04/andrew-whitworth-reveals-bengals-lowballed-him-contract-discussions/

Whitworth himself said on the Rams Revealed podcast that the Bengals weren’t close to “three or four” other offers:

“For me honestly I had three or four offers that were all really right the same. The only real offer for me, unfortunately, that wasn’t really equivalent to the others was the team I was with, the Cincinnati Bengals, were really the only team that was the outlier in the offers I received. So I knew that that probably meant for me, really the situation I was under, and the excitement to try and go win, really not having much of a commitment from them, felt like I was going to have to go somewhere.”

They weren't close on the total value, that much is known already.  They were suppossedly close on per year average, and Whit doesn't address that in his comments.  So basically, the author is just trying to create a spin on already known info based on recent comments.  
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: They weren't close on the total value, that much is known already.  They were suppossedly close on per year average, and Whit doesn't address that in his comments.  So basically, the author is just trying to create a spin on already known info based on recent comments.  

lets see here, you DON"T have anything to do with the Bengals contract negotiations and Andrew Whitworth went to be paid for a much better team. I think I'll believe Whit on this one! 

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:34 PM)RASCAL Wrote: lets see here, you DON"T have anything to do with the Bengals contract negotiations and Andrew Whitworth went to be paid for a much better team. I think I'll believe Whit on this one! 

Except that's not what Whit said.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: So......does this mean my "cheap bastard" comments were not out of line a week or so ago? Ninja

I think it would awesome if someone would write a Bengals version of A Christmas Carol with our friend Mike Brown as the main character.  

You could have the ghosts of football's past , present and future come visit him. Have the future football guy be whoever runs the Steelers showing off their 15 Lombardy trophies.

Instead of a cold potato  making him sick it could be a tuna sandwich. It would not take much of a rewrite to make this happen. 
Reply/Quote
One day someone will leave the Bengals and have something nice to say about them.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This is nothing new. Everyone knew that the Bengals didnt offer Whit the same amount of years that other teams offered.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Its like the keystone cops run this team or something.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is nothing new. Everyone knew that the Bengals didnt offer Whit the same amount of years that other teams offered.

what is new is that for the assumptions have been confirmed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
[Image: 52ad3d124ec1497006d9ea6863ecb2f2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:26 PM)pally Wrote: what is new is that for the assumptions have been confirmed

We already knew the Bengals were only offering 1 year.  1 year/$12 mil isn't close to 3 years/$36 mil, especially if you're an aging vet.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: One day someone will leave the Bengals and have something nice to say about them.

Said Nobody....
Reply/Quote
I think they probably did offer him a lower amount because the thought the already had his replacement.
Reply/Quote
No one is shocked or surprised except the few Bengals apologists. They will still say the Bengals were in the ball park.
Reply/Quote