Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitworth Doubtful @ Ravens
I was at lunch and saw 'Whitworth (back) - Doubtful' on the NFLN bottom line injury roundup.  Has anyone else seen or heard anything about him being injured?  I can't find anything about it anywhere.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 04:23 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I was at lunch and saw 'Whitworth (back) - Doubtful' on the NFLN bottom line injury roundup.  Has anyone else seen or heard anything about him being injured?  I can't find anything about it anywhere.

Lol hurt himself signing that contract extension?

I don't think its true, and yesterday they had Stafford as out and he is playing.... NFLN is confused I think.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 04:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol hurt himself signing that contract extension?

I don't think its true, and yesterday they had Stafford as out and he is playing.... NFLN is confused I think.

I certainly hope so.

But, as I've said before here, this new Saturday practice/workout thing has me scared shitless about practice injuries on Saturday taking a guy out because he doesn't have a day to rest.

Then I see that on the bottom line and can only think my fears have come to fruition as something has just happened to him and can't find anything to refute it (or confirm it, for that matter).
Reply/Quote
All I've seen is his contract extension. He wasn't even on the injury report?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 05:11 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: All I've seen is his contract extension.  He wasn't even on the injury report?

He was on the injury report.  Full practice Thursday and Friday.  Game Status-Probable
Well your honor, we've plenty of hearsay and conjecture, those are kinds of evidence. - Lionel Hutz
Reply/Quote
Getting close to Halloween, think the op was just trying to scare us.
Reply/Quote
No, NFL Network did say doubtful. No idea why.
Reply/Quote
Only doubtful player is Marcus Hardison. Whitworth is probable and will be playing.
Reply/Quote
Whit's been dealing with back issues lately. I wish he'd give up playing so much golf until he's retired.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 09:12 PM)Joelist Wrote: No, NFL Network did say doubtful. No idea why.

yeah I saw it as well
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 03:41 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Whit's been dealing with back issues lately. I wish he'd give up playing so much golf until he's retired.

Yeah. Golf destroyed my back.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:16 AM)Utts Wrote: Yeah. Golf destroyed my back.

Bengals website says Ravens LT will be out today.

So the source the OP quoted apparently had Ravens LT as doubtful and then entered the LT for the opponent (Whitworth) into the report. Typical sloppy journalism. Now more than ever you have to be skeptical of what is reported, even if it is repeated by multiple outlets. If the first one gets it wrong the others rarely check - they just repeat the wrong story.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
No mention of it on anything I've read this morning.
Reply/Quote
Whitworth "Back" = Back for the 2016 season (contract extension).
Reply/Quote
Per the Ravens site: Canty, Monroe, and Perriman all out for today.

From the Bengals site: Sims out, Hardison doubtful, handful of others, including Whit, Andre, Wally, AJ, and Reggie Nelson, all probable

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 09:06 AM)xxlt Wrote: Bengals website says Ravens LT will be out today.

So the source the OP quoted apparently had Ravens LT as doubtful and then entered the LT for the opponent (Whitworth) into the report. Typical sloppy journalism. Now more than ever you have to be skeptical of what is reported, even if it is repeated by multiple outlets. If the first one gets it wrong the others rarely check - they just repeat the wrong story.

There might be some merit there, but it isn't 100% correct as they did list the Ravens' LT as well.  Clearly I have no idea how they enter the information to build the bottom line ticker, but if it is someone typing it up on a keyboard while glancing back and forth at a list, they certainly could have misread something.

The bottom line is it looks like NFLN screwed up, which is quite a relief!
Reply/Quote
The NFL injury reporting rules are weird. Maybe he was all week and became doubtful when he was really just older and playing.
Reply/Quote