Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Whitworth or Anderson or Both
Alright hear me out. Could be the Bud Light talking, but here's an idea.
No Bengals team has ever made the playoffs after starting the season 0-2.
I don't want to believe that it is time to panic, but it probably is.

Give Whitworth a shot at head coach. I have no idea if he is interested in ever coaching, but the dude played forever under several coaches, including Sean McVay (which seemed to get Zac the job). If interested, hopefully the next call would be to Willie Anderson as our new OL coach.

Backup plan, if we stick with Zac, please hire Willie or Big Whit as OL coach, if either is interested.

Just trying to think outside the box. Before we shoot it down, could be doing much worse losing to Trubisky and Rush?

Would love to see both guys roaming the sidelines and could see Whit as HC being smart enough to let a qualified OC call the plays. Just saying.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
FFS
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Zac just signed like a 5 year $40 million extension. He isn't going anywhere.

If Dave Shula took us to a SB, he'd probably be our HC still and have racked up a like 70-300 record by now.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zac just signed like a 5 year $40 million extension. He isn't going anywhere.

If Dave Shula took us to a SB, he'd probably be our HC still and have racked up a like 70-300 record by now.

True.
But how bout Whit or Willie as OL coach?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:58 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: True.

Willie works with players in the offseason. I believe he worked with Carman.
Reply/Quote
Bengals Legend Willie Anderson Gives Stamp of Approval on 2nd Round Pick Jackson Carman

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/bengals/.amp/news/willie-anderson-gives-stamp-of-approval-on-second-round-pick-jackson-carman
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
If these are your idea after a few bud lights I’d love to see what you could come up with after a couple of lines of coke?

A zombie reanimated Paul Brown?

Marvin Lewis with an electric dog collar that shocks him if he doesn’t make adjustments at half time?

A better idea would be to beg and plead Whit to come out of retirement and sort this shower of shite out, not that there is a chance in hell of that happening.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good post.  Shows Whit has knowledge of play calling, which seems to be extremely predictable and slow progressing.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:08 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: If these are your idea after a few bud lights I’d love to see what you could come up with after a couple of lines of coke?

A zombie reanimated Paul Brown?

Marvin Lewis with an electric dog collar that shocks him if he doesn’t make adjustments at half time?

A better idea would be to beg and plead Whit to come out of retirement and sort this shower of shite out, not that there is a chance in hell of that happening.

Jeff Query for HC! Barry Foster for OC!
Reply/Quote
Apparently it wouldn't happen. But I'd take Brian Flores for coach. He had Miami playing good although now they look like there playing better.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:18 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Apparently it wouldn't happen. But I'd take Brian Flores for coach. He had Miami playing good although now they look like there playing better.

Seriously, how can the Bengals struggle vs Cover 2. It's so popular. It's not like it's some exotic defense.
Reply/Quote
Or actually give me Eric beinemy
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Seriously, how can the Bengals struggle vs Cover 2. It's so popular. It's not like it's some exotic defense.

Exactly, a high school coach should be able to handle it.  It's been around a minute.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:21 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Or actually give me Eric beinemy

I'm in on that also.  But Pollack probably needs to go also.
Reply/Quote
Taylor is the perfect storm. An inept playcaller that gets lumped in with McVay. Then Burrow gets his college teammate and has a ton of big plays that mask his ineptness.

Gets a huge extension.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Seriously, how can the Bengals struggle vs Cover 2. It's so popular. It's not like it's some exotic defense.

I don't know. Zac Taylor just has this air to him like now he thinks were a top 5 team coaching included. At least when I see him on the sidelines today he did. We should be scheming to get players open quickly and I just don't see it. I like Mixon but where the heck is Chris Evans? I know he's not the whole answer but dude is a good receiver with shiftiness after the catch.

Things change quickly in the NFL. We were just in the superbowl and now we sit at 0-2 and if I look at the season honestly I don't know when we will get our first win.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:58 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: True.

He's making Amazon $ as part of Thursday Night Football and getting to spend the other 5 days of the week with his family. He'd make more money just continuing to play if he still wanted to live a football schedule.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:30 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I don't know. Zac Taylor just has this air to him like now he thinks were a top 5 team coaching included. At least when I see him on the sidelines today he did. We should be scheming to get players open quickly and I just don't see it. I like Mixon but where the heck is Chris Evans? I know he's not the whole answer but dude is a good receiver with shiftiness after the catch.

Things change quickly in the NFL. We were just in the superbowl and now we sit at 0-2 and if I look at the season honestly I don't know when we will get our first win.

If our offense catches fire next week...this is all a moot point. But, it has to happen soon. Can't lose anymore.

If we can start 2-3 it's a win now. I think we can get to 6-4, but that should have been 7-2. Our last 7 games are brutal. We won't be favored in many.

It's hard to see us getting 10 wins. Looking at maybe 8 now.
Reply/Quote