Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Whitworth quote
This says so much about Whit and this TEAM. WHO DEY!!

Quote:On the team’s attitude that sparked the Bengals’ comeback ...

“The most impressive thing to me was that I kept hearing young guys saying what we preach — staying even-keeled, just ride the train and let it keep moving forward. Even when the lead got to 17 points, that’s all guys were saying on the sideline. It wasn’t ‘rah-rah’ speeches or anything, just, ‘Hey man, stay exactly who we are and we’ll get ourselves back in this thing.’ The truth is, that’s the reality. We gave them 10 points, and it was a 17-point lead, but it was really a 10-point lead that we gave them. We knew we had a chance to get back in and be better than them.”

Seattle usually doesn’t give up lead when it has them. What does a comeback like this say about your team?

“You don’t know what it means for your season, but I can tell you this: That’s the most talented group of rushers and (overall) defense that we’ve ever faced. They’ve got guys everywhere that are good. We’ve said all along that this was going to be an extremely talented team, but we believe we are too. Being able to overcome what we did against that kind of talent is a heck of a message.”
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is the year Whit gets the ring he deserves... Happy WHO DEY!!!!!
Reply/Quote
All I can say is it's a good thing I'm not the head coach otherwise they would have finished the 3rd quarter with fishing poles by the river .. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I was mad at Whitworth on the one sack, but I still love him.
Reply/Quote
I have a hunch the Oline corrects the ship next week and keeps Andy squeaky clean.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Cool. I'd like a quote on that "hold".
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: I have a hunch the Oline corrects the ship next week and keeps Andy squeaky clean.

Agreed, but we beat a very good team today. Their defense is good. They took it to us, and we answered the bell when it mattered most.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
just got back from the game. WHAT AN EFFIN GAME!!! I was extremely mad about whitts hold on the TD because it seemed to change the whole outlook on the game. BUT, after the Bengals battled back, and in spite of that one horrible play, (whit could have had a hold on any other number of plays, but chose the wrong one where we scored on a BOMB that surely would have broken the sea chickens backs) and yes I am still seething about it, but all is forgiven with the HEART this team showed today! Keep it up and make us all proud. WHO DEY!!!!

Reply/Quote
If you read all of the quotes (including Dre saying "Look at him, he's magnificent." in regards to Adam Jones, lol) - was chad Johnson in the locker room? The way they worded it, maybe they're talking about the past. I'd be surprised they'd let him in when he's not professionally involved with the team lol.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Quick-hits-Dalton-told-mates-theyd-win-Adam-powered-Sherman-moves-FG-drill-Run-focus/1386e92c-3cce-49a7-ace9-b2b7359955b9
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:44 PM)SB50Champs Wrote: This is the year Whit gets the ring he deserves...  Happy WHO DEY!!!!!

I really want to see that!  
No fan of any other team could possibly feel it as much as we do.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 10:23 PM)RASCAL Wrote: just got back from the game. WHAT AN EFFIN GAME!!! I was extremely mad about whitts hold on the TD because it seemed to change the whole outlook on the game. BUT, after the Bengals battled back, and in spite of that one horrible play, (whit could have had a hold on any other number of plays, but chose the wrong one where we scored on a BOMB that surely would have broken the sea chickens backs) and yes I am still seething about it, but all is forgiven with the HEART this team showed today! Keep it up and make us all proud. WHO DEY!!!!

Lol I'm with you on that one, I was soooo mad. That play would have surely put the hawks in a bad spot. Besides, the AJ, Andy connection is just awesome to watch.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:19 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol I'm with you on that one, I was soooo mad. That play would have surely put the hawks in a bad spot. Besides, the AJ, Andy connection is just awesome to watch.

Bullshit call.

Never knew you could "hold," with your hands open and your palms facing the linesman.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I mean he did basically have the guy in a bear hug, so I kinda get it.

I am curious, though, why I didn't see Seattle's offensive linemen called for doing the same thing time and time again.

Seriously .  Go back and watch all those plays where Wilson scrambles out of the pocket.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:38 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I mean he did basically have the guy in a bear hug, so I kinda get it.

I am curious, though
, why I didn't see Seattle's offensive linemen called for doing the same thing time and time again.

Seriously .  Go back and watch all those plays where Wilson scrambles out ofbtge

Odd thing was Joe Buck had just commented that the crew today is known for calling holding very tight.  It looked like Whit was beat and was just sort of holding on for dear life... it was a really pretty ball though!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Bullshit call.

Never knew you could "hold," with your hands open and your palms facing the linesman.
He had his left arm wrapped around the guy it was a hold.

Quote:Blocker cannot use his hands or arms to push from behind, hang onto, or encircle an opponent in a manner that restricts his movement as the play develops.
http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/useofhands
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I missed the hold but AJ's 72 yard reception, is there a vidoe link somewhere?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:42 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Odd thing was Joe Buck had just commented that the crew today is known for calling holding very tight.  It looked like Whit was beat and was just sort of holding on for dear life... it was a really pretty ball though!

Yea I was Pi*&ed, it would have padded Andy and AJ's stats and broken the Seahawks. It was right after Buck said these refs call more holding calls than any other crew. But hey, the game may not have turned out the way it did if they didnt call it.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I missed the hold but AJ's 72 yard reception, is there a vidoe link somewhere?

You would have seen it 100 times by now if they didnt call the hold. would have made for a nice highlight.
Reply/Quote
Apparently it made no highlight with the hold, damn whit..lol
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:38 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I mean he did basically have the guy in a bear hug, so I kinda get it.

I am curious, though, why I didn't see Seattle's offensive linemen called for doing the same thing time and time again.

Seriously .  Go back and watch all those plays where Wilson scrambles out of the pocket.  

It was terrible....they were holding Geno nearly every play.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote