Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Are Your FA Replacements For Departing Guys?
Money will play a big factor in being able to keep some (many) of the Bengals' internal FAs.

For every FA listed below, who would you target in external FA as a potential replacement?

- Jessie Bates
- Vonn Bell
- Eli Apple
- Germaine Pratt
- Samaje Perine
- Hayden Hurst
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I dont know who we replace Pratt with but there are several good options right now at LB
Reply/Quote
Drue Tranquill finally got a chance to play fulltime this year for the Chargers and he looked damn good.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 04:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Money will play a big factor in being able to keep some (many) of the Bengals' internal FAs.

For every FA listed below, who would you target in external FA as a potential replacement?

- Jessie Bates
- Vonn Bell
- Eli Apple
- Germaine Pratt
- Samaje Perine
- Hayden Hurst

FS - Tashaun Gipson
SS - Adrian Amos
CB - Fabian Moreau if just wanting a depth guy who can spot start (although I'd go James Bradberry if looking for an upgrade over Apple, but it will cost more I think)
LB - Cory Littleton (Not quite what he used to be, but he'll be a bargain)
RB - David Montgomery
TE - Robert Tonyan

I tried to keep it to cost-effective guys for the most part.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 04:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Money will play a big factor in being able to keep some (many) of the Bengals' internal FAs.

- Jessie Bates
- Vonn Bell
- Eli Apple
- Germaine Pratt
- Samaje Perine
- Hayden Hurst

I think Bell, Apple, Perine and Hurst will be back but if some of these guys I expect to back do leave this is a good question.

Dax Hill will obviously be taking Bates spot, Bobby Wagner would be a guy to replace Pratt if he wanted to come here ring chasing.

(03-08-2023, 05:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Drue Tranquill finally got a chance to play fulltime this year for the Chargers and he looked damn good.

Nice, I also thought Tranquill played very well when I watched him.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 05:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think Bell, Apple, Perine and Hurst will be back but if some of these guys I expect to back do leave this is a good question.

Dax Hill will obviously be taking Bates spot, Bobby Wagner would be a guy to replace Pratt if he wanted to come here ring chasing.

Nice, I also thought Tranquill played very well when I watched him.

Kendricks now available too
Agreed on Tranquil, he seemed to have a nose for the ball and made some big plays this yr. 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 07:56 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Kendricks now available too
Agreed on Tranquil, he seemed to have a nose for the ball and made some big plays this yr. 

Heard we are looking at Kendricks as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he is a Bengal here in a little over a week.
Reply/Quote

- Jessie Bates
- Vonn Bell
- Eli Apple
- Germaine Pratt
- Samaje Perine
- Hayden Hurst

Vonn Bell  >  Juan Thornhill

Perine > David Montgomery

Eli Apple > Jamel Dean
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 11:50 PM)pulses Wrote: Vonn Bell  >  Juan Thornhill

Perine > David Montgomery

Eli Apple > Jamel Dean

I like Apple as much as anyone, but Idk about the last one.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 11:58 PM)samhain Wrote: I like Apple as much as anyone, but Idk about the last one.

Apple had a 52.9 pff this past year and Dean was a 77.9 Dean has been in the league since 2019 and never been under a 74 pff.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 11:58 PM)samhain Wrote: I like Apple as much as anyone, but Idk about the last one.

What pulses was saying was those would be the players he would look at for replacement.
The > can make someone interpret it differently though.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

- Jessie Bates
- Vonn Bell
- Eli Apple
- Germaine Pratt
- Samaje Perine
- Hayden Hurst

Bates' replacement is Dax Hill. 
Hurst's replacement is a high draft pick used on a TE. 
Apple's replacement is a Day 1-2 pick on a CB. 
I think Bell is back, for sure. As is Perine. 

Pratt is the toughest. We may just promote ADG or go with a Day 1-2 pick at LB. But I'd call Bobby Wagner for sure. 

Thornhill from KC is a decent safety option. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 12:34 AM)pulses Wrote: Apple had a 52.9 pff this past year and Dean was a 77.9 Dean has been in the league since 2019 and never been under a 74 pff.

My bad,  I mis-read your original post.  I'm in agreement.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 01:51 PM)samhain Wrote: My bad,  I mis-read your original post.  I'm in agreement.

Understandable he had the < backwards lol

Jamel Dean would be an upgrade over Apple and he doesn't have a big mouth either and we have been mentioned as a 
landing place for him along with Eluemunor and Ngakoue. I think this would be a fine FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 05:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Drue Tranquill finally got a chance to play fulltime this year for the Chargers and he looked damn good.

I think Morgan Fox would be a nice add as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Understandable he had the < backwards lol

Jamel Dean would be an upgrade over Apple and he doesn't have a big mouth either and we have been mentioned as a 
landing place for him along with Eluemunor and Ngakoue. I think this would be a fine FA.

Signing Dean would allow us to draft a CB in the middle to late rounds and not early. He's a stud IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 08:43 PM)pulses Wrote: I think Morgan Fox would be a nice add as well.

I as well would like Fox.

(03-11-2023, 08:45 PM)pulses Wrote: Signing Dean would allow us to draft a CB in the middle to late rounds and not early. He's a stud IMO.

Yeah, would allow us to add to the OL and get the weapons we seem to want in this Draft. I do like the Corners in this draft but 
adding Dean would give us even better depth and CTB really coming on last year as a rookie and Chido being back it isn't as big 
of a need with the Jamel Dean addition. I see Chido being back by the TC much more likely than La'el.
Reply/Quote