Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Beside Green On Offense Might Score On Browns ?
Is this a day a real surprise steps up and has a big game ?....Could it be Mixon or Gio or Hill.....Could it be Kroft......Could it be Lafell, or Boyd or Malone or Erickson or Ross ?

This is Cleveland.....So....does somebody most don't even own in Fantasy Football, let alone start have a surprise point setting day against Cleveland.

Try to predict somebody other than AJ Green that racks up touchdowns on Cleveland. This could be a surprise big game for somebody.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 08:33 AM)kevin Wrote: Is this a day a real surprise steps up and has a big game ?....Could it be Mixon or Gio or Hill.....Could it be Kroft......Could it be Lafell, or Boyd or Malone or Erickson or Ross ?

This is Cleveland.....So....does somebody most don't even own in Fantasy Football, let alone start have a surprise point setting day against Cleveland.

Try to predict somebody other than AJ Green that racks up touchdowns on Cleveland.  This could be a surprise big game for somebody.

Ross

Reply/Quote
Oh wow, I was totally thinking this thread was taking a different angle, just from reading the title, before I clicked on it.

I thought it was going to be a "if they were on the Browns, who could score" kinda thing.

- - - - - - - - - - -

As for my answer to your actual question, though. Erickson.

I will never understand the lack of Erickson use and the abundance of LaFell use. I mean, don't get me wrong. Erickson is likely a #3-4 on a good team, at best. That said, when everyone not named AJ Green can't find separation for the life of them, it seems like any time Erickson is thrown to he has a ton of it, and then he'll never be targeted again.

Alex Erickson has 3 catches of 20+ yards on 9 catches/12 targets.
Tyler Kroft has 3 of 20+ on 28 catches/38 targets.
Brandon LaFell has 3 of 20+ on 34 catches/53 targets.

I hope that last week is a gauge of Dalton's growing trust in him. Maybe it's time to take Erickson off of kick returns (Gio, since they removed him entire from the offense?), keep him on punts, and expand his WR role.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 08:33 AM)kevin Wrote: Is this a day a real surprise steps up and has a big game ?....Could it be Mixon or Gio or Hill.....Could it be Kroft......Could it be Lafell, or Boyd or Malone or Erickson or Ross ?

Try to predict somebody other than AJ Green that racks up touchdowns on Cleveland.  This could be a surprise big game for somebody.

Kroft had 2 last time.

Malone

Lafell

Mixon

Gio

Dalton (legs)

Erikson

Kirkpatrick

Dunlap

Burfict

I think all have chances to score

Hill will be hard press to score from IR...

as to who racks it up I think Erikson might start to see more action on offense
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 11:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Kroft had 2 last time.

Malone

Lafell

Mixon

Gio

Dalton (legs)

Erikson

Kirkpatrick

Dunlap

Burfict

You would think.  And yet, against the Browns, anything is possible Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 11:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Kroft had 2 last time.

Malone

Lafell

Mixon

Gio

Dalton (legs)

Erikson

Kirkpatrick

Dunlap

Burfict

Yeah right...

Reply/Quote
It's important we start to have blocking, but it is also important someone steps up and replaces all the scoring of Jones, Eifert, Sanu and Hill. Of course Jones and Sanu are gone and Eifert and Hill both on IR may be as good as gone as free agents end of season.

Erickson sounds interesting and could score as WR or on kick returns.

It might help Bengals greatly if their first and second round picks Ross and Mixon would start finding the end zone. Kroft could show reasons why he should remain the tight end in 2018. Boyd and Malone need to show reasons for being on this team next year. Gio could show reason why being on Bengals or starting for another team.

If players can't step up against the Browns....If fans have any hopes of upsetting Steelers, somebody needs to start helping out beside just Dalton to Green.....The Browns would seem to be an opportunity and chance for somebody to earn the respect of getting the ball more. I like the way Redskins, Chargers and some teams get huge yardage throwing to running backs. Their RB's seem to get open and the QB lays it right in there and the RB is good for first downs, often long gains and touchdowns. They might as well send Mixon or Gio on some down field pass routes because I don't see keeping them back as pass blockers doing much good so far. Cousins and Rivers are eating teams alive passing to running backs finding uncovered parts of defense.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 11:31 AM)kevin Wrote: It's important we start to have blocking, but it is also important someone steps up and replaces all the scoring of Jones, Eifert, Sanu and Hill.   Of course Jones and Sanu are gone and Eifert and Hill both on IR may be as good as gone as free agents end of season.

Erickson sounds interesting and could score as WR or on kick returns.

It might help Bengals greatly if their first and second round picks Ross and Mixon would start finding the end zone.  Kroft could show reasons why he should remain the tight end in 2018.  Boyd and Malone need to show reasons for being on this team next year.  Gio could show reason why being on Bengals or starting for another team.

If players can't step up against the Browns....If fans have any hopes of upsetting Steelers, somebody needs to start helping out beside just Dalton to Green.....The Browns would seem to be an opportunity and chance for somebody to earn the respect of getting the ball more.  I like the way Redskins, Chargers and some teams get huge yardage throwing to running backs. Their RB's seem to get open and the QB lays it right in there and the RB is good for first downs, often long gains and touchdowns.  They might as well send Mixon or Gio on some down field pass routes because I don't see keeping them back as pass blockers doing much good so far.  Cousins and Rivers are eating teams alive passing to running backs finding uncovered parts of defense.
Dalton needs to quit throwing to the running backs behind the line of scrimmage. He's done that several times this year and they lose yardage. If the backs would run an out and up type pattern I'm with you. But a couple times this year I wasn't sure if the back was going to catch the ball or the linebacker covering him.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon please for the sake of my Fantasy team......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 12:19 PM)Mer Wrote: Dalton needs to quit throwing to the running backs behind the line of scrimmage. He's done that several times this year and they lose yardage. If the backs would run an out and up type pattern I'm with you. But a couple times this year I wasn't sure if the back was going to catch the ball or the linebacker covering him.

That's what happens when your offense becomes predictable. Our offense is more predictable because we're limited in what we can do. We're limited thanks to the o-line being a sieve. You can't just take halfback screens out of the playbook. It's a necessary staple for any offense. Plus we'd become even more predictable, if that's possible. Andy typically doesn't have enough time to wait for RB's to leak out and go on actual routes. 

To the OP: Kroft is the logical choice, considering our run game has only 3 TD's on the season and LaFell isn't usually much of a scoring threat. I don't think anyone else has scored more than once all season (besides Green, Kroft, LaFell, Mixon).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Andre Smith picks up a fumble and rumbles 99 yards for a TD..sans jersey and pads...1000s of fans taken to the hospital in shock after watching it.. Mike Brown criticized for being too cheap to pay grief counselors.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 08:35 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Ross

Healthy scratch
Reply/Quote
One thing is for sure: Every Bengal touchdown will be scored either through the air or by the defense. The run game is that bad.
Reply/Quote
Kroft. Our te always have big games against them
Reply/Quote
I'm going to say Mixon has a break away 40 yard TD run.

Course we'll still only have 58 yards rushing on 29 carries.
Reply/Quote
Kroft and Mixon will have one.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Mixon for fantasy team.

I think Ross will have 6 plays, one ball thrown to him, and sit on the sidelines and await punishment via negative comments through a press conference.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure Hills on IR so doubt he steps up
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 03:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: Andre Smith picks up a fumble and rumbles 99 yards for a TD..sans jersey and pads...1000s of fans taken to the hospital in shock after watching it.. Mike Brown criticized for being too cheap to pay grief counselors.. 

Andre can't run 99yds.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 09:00 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Andre can't run 99yds.

It's not a matter of if he can run 99 yards... it's a matter of who wants to tackle a shirtless Andre?

If nobody wants to tackle you, you don't need to run! Ninja

Reply/Quote