Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Bounces Back?
Well, with the only thing to look forward to this season is Carolina wiping the floor with Manning, I guess I'll throw an offseason thread out early.

Every season there are teams that both overachieve and underachieve. From those that were among the bottom feeders in each conference, who do you have making significant improvements in the upcoming season? I was thinking a poll, but I figured it was unnecessary. I realize it's before the draft, which might change things in the future. But what the hell.

In the AFC I think that San Diego bounces back. They have a QB, and got unlucky with some injuries across the board, and were still able to keep it close in most of their losses.

In the NFC the Cowboys are the easy pick, but I'm gonna throw out da Bears. I think with another offseason John Fox gets more of his guys and turns them into a playoff team next year.

So, one from each conference, who ya got?
Reply/Quote
Hate to say it but the Ravens for AFC, they had a lot of key injuries that hurt them this year + they have a top 10 pick this year which could help there team.

I think it'll be Cowboys, you know why Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Im going with Jets.. they had the playoffs and let it go.. i see them winning the AFC East next year.. as in the NFC.. im going with Detroit
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 10:34 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: In the AFC I think that San Diego bounces back.  They have a QB, and got unlucky with some injuries across the board, and were still able to keep it close in most of their losses.

Replace San Diego with Baltimore and you just described the Ravens with the exception being that 9 of the 11 Ravens losses were decided by a score or less where as 9 of the 12 San Diego losses were. I think 5-11 with 8 of 11 starters on offense on the IR is a lot more impressive than 4-12 with 3 offensive starters on the IR. Ravens have a lot more going for them in terms of healthy starters and a far better coaching staff. I see them rebounding before the Chargers.

But that's just my opinion
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I predict there will be a big bandwagon for the return of the Colts. The media is still infatuated with Luck. But I don't know if he will have enough talent around him to win. I'd say there is a better chance for the Chargers or Ravens to return to the playoffs.

NFC I am going with the Cowboys.
Reply/Quote
Sadly, I'll go with the Ravens for the AFC. I can see media pundits kind of forgetting about them leading up to the season and they fly under the radar.

I'm going with Detroit for the NFC. I think Jim Bob Cooter (seriously?) is the OC that Stafford needs. However, while Megatron is contemplating retirement, they need to sign/draft a WR and not consider him in the plans. There's no telling how much longer he'll last. With Martha calling the shots, and her being a fan of Caldwell, I see them taking a step forward next season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'm picking the Chargers in the AFC. With Rivers having back his full set of receivers, I think they're back in the playoffs.

NFC I'm going with Atlanta. Just.......because.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
AFC - Ravens

NFC - Cowboys

I also think the Lions and Dolphins will bounce back as well.

Chargers can be on that list if they get some speed at WR and some lineman to protest Rivers
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 08:44 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Replace San Diego with Baltimore and you just described the Ravens with the exception being that 9 of the 11 Ravens losses were decided by a score or less where as 9 of the 12 San Diego losses were. I think 5-11 with 8 of 11 starters on offense on the IR is a lot more impressive than 4-12 with 3 offensive starters on the IR. Ravens have a lot more going for them in terms of healthy starters and a far better coaching staff. I see them rebounding before the Chargers.

The problem with the Ravens this year, is they sucked so bad early really before injuries really took a toll. Close losses mean little.. or actually show the failure of coaching and late game decision making more than injuries.  Both the Ravens and Chargers are going to have a tough time next year to bounce back because both divisions are strong... Ravens are behind Bengals and Steelers for sure in talent.. and Chargers are behind Denver, KC and maybe Oakland for talent.  
Reply/Quote
I think the Jaguars will have the biggest turnaround of any team. Blake Bortles is going to be an absolute star, and they have some good weapons for him. If they bolster the defense, they could be contending for their division.

In the NFC, I'll go with Atlanta.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 08:44 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Replace San Diego with Baltimore and you just described the Ravens with the exception being that 9 of the 11 Ravens losses were decided by a score or less where as 9 of the 12 San Diego losses were. I think 5-11 with 8 of 11 starters on offense on the IR is a lot more impressive than 4-12 with 3 offensive starters on the IR. Ravens have a lot more going for them in terms of healthy starters and a far better coaching staff. I see them rebounding before the Chargers.

I'm going with the Ravens too because you bastards never go away.  I seem to remember one down year and elevated draft spot that became Haloti Ngata.  What a nightmare he was.  I'm sure a similar thing will happen this year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 10:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: AFC - Ravens

NFC - Cowboys

I also think the Lions and Dolphins will bounce back as well.  

Chargers can be on that list if they get some speed at WR and some lineman to protest Rivers
Seems to me, for about seven, eight years, before every season, people have the Phins in the playoffs.  At the end of every year, they are nowhere to be found.  And this has gone on with more than one regime.  I'll believe it when I see it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I think the Jags make the playoffs

I could also the Vikings getting that one piece and putting it all together
Reply/Quote
AFC: Ravens seems like the easy pick and the Colts will be the trendy pick... but I am going to go Jaguars. They are quietly building a pretty good team in a pretty bad division. I think Bortles will end up being a pretty darn good QB. Allen Robinson (1400yds, 14 TD) and Allen Hurns (1031 yds, 10 TD) are probably the least talked about impressive WR duo. Julius Thomas should be better than 2015. I expect them to go heavy on OL in the draft (Bortles sacked 55 and 51 times in his two years) and be the division winner in a weak AFC South.

NFC: Cowboys seems like the only real choice here. With a healthy Romo and Bryant, they sign Marshawn Lynch in FA once Seattle cuts him, or Doug Martin, or Matt Forte, and one of those great RBs gets to run behind an OL that boasts what.. like 3 or 4 All-Pros? As long as Romo is healthy, they'll win that crappy division.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Jags are good choices. No reason they shouldn't win the AFCS next year.
Reply/Quote
I agree with the Jag love on here. They are a good young team on the rise. They remind me of us a few years ago (altho jag fans prob dont like hearing that) a little bit at times. Their QB is good but still under the radar....

Maybe if he had lost a few playoff games by now we would know more about him ThumbsUp

NFC - I like the Buccaneers. I don't think anyone mentioned them yet. Winston as much of a goon as he is, had a pretty decent rookie year. They have good weapons on offense and a decent defense... I guess they just had a coaching change though :/ Interesting division down there in the NFCS
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 10:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I agree with the Jag love on here. They are a good young team on the rise. They remind me of us a few years ago (altho jag fans prob dont like hearing that) a little bit at times. Their QB is good but still under the radar....

Maybe if he had lost a few playoff games by now we would know more about him ThumbsUp

NFC - I like the Buccaneers. I don't think anyone mentioned them yet. Winston as much of a goon as he is, had a pretty decent rookie year. They have good weapons on offense and a decent defense... I guess they just had a coaching change though :/ Interesting division down there in the NFCS

Main reason I didn't choose the Bucs was because Doug Martin is a free agent, and I don't think that team will do much of anything if he's not beasting for them. Having the #2 rusher in the NFL took an awful lot of pressure off Winston's back. Don't think he performs half as well with Charles Sims in the backfield.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 10:38 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Hate to say it but the Ravens for AFC, they had a lot of key injuries that hurt them this year + they have a top 10 pick this year which could help there team.

I think it'll be Cowboys, you know why Big Grin

Their going to throw good money after bad and sign Johnny Boozer?

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 07:41 PM)travisun Wrote: I think the Jags make the playoffs

I could also the Vikings getting that one piece and putting it all together

Well, they were a blown kick away from winning a playoff game, so they won't have to bounce all that far.

Reply/Quote
Cowboys in the NFC that Offensive Line is elite and Tony Romo is a top 15 QB. Ravens in the AFC I just can't see them missing the playoffs two years in a row.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote