Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost in the shuffle....Zac Taylor is also making history
(01-25-2022, 01:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: For sure! I'm glad the FO had a little patience with him, it seems to have paid off. You'd think teams would have a little more when you look at Walsh and Johnson on that list. 

It's tough to turn a team around in 2yrs. At least 3 years is needed to truly get a look at the teams direction, which is why I'm baffled by some of the coach firings. Although, I will say 16yrs is too much. Mike Brown doesn't like change it appears so hard to tell if it was his patience or complacency which worked in favor of the organization.

(01-25-2022, 01:21 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The Browns method of hiring new coaches every 1-2 years for decades is just way too exciting! If teams had more patience there’d probably be a few more names on that list. Everyone just wants instant success without having to work for it though. It takes 3-4 years to remake a roster, draft good talent, etc.

Don't forget the QB's. Browns have zero patience, which is why they will always be at the bottom and when not, have short lived success.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 07:41 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Zac is killing it for sure and oddly enough 3/4 of this board or more wanted him fired with just 4 weeks to go in the season.

Glad he got the last laugh and took the Bengals to playoffs and where they're going presently.

His glaring failure may have been his biggest success. Not sure if planned or not, but the team he took over had names with severely declined talent. I will argue Boyd was the best receiver over Green as he just seemed to have lost his spark. We had an aging roster and a house that needed a severe cleaning. So, although Zac does get flack for the OL being so bad, he may have wanted to focus on the weapons first. 

He has to score and have a few wins and address the OL later. Plus, I'm not sure he realized how bad the current OL truly was at the time. Add that with injuries and zap, your OL really sucks. Then OL was addressed in FA and made it serviceable, but not great. The way it all played out may have been a mistake, but no other way we get were we are today had he done things differently.

I think we hit FA hard to fix the OL and maybe get a few good leaders in the draft who can be coached up.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 08:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: His glaring failure may have been his biggest success. Not sure if planned or not, but the team he took over had names with severely declined talent. I will argue Boyd was the best receiver over Green as he just seemed to have lost his spark. We had an aging roster and a house that needed a severe cleaning. So, although Zac does get flack for the OL being so bad, he may have wanted to focus on the weapons first. 

He has to score and have a few wins and address the OL later. Plus, I'm not sure he realized how bad the current OL truly was at the time. Add that with injuries and zap, your OL really sucks. Then OL was addressed in FA and made it serviceable, but not great. The way it all played out may have been a mistake, but no other way we get were we are today had he done things differently.

I think we hit FA hard to fix the OL and maybe get a few good leaders in the draft who can be coached up.

You kind of have to take the chips as they fall, I mean if we did what many wanted on here and just concentrated on the OL who 
knows how it would of panned out. We would of had Sewell and other really good OL but we wouldn't have Chase who is OROY
and clearly to me was the better pick. Also you can take OL early and they still suck as we saw with Price and company. 

Also if we were adding all that to the OL would we have been able to build the Defense that we have built which is very good. 

Hard to say we would have been able to.

Oh well, love how the chips have fell is all I can say lol
Reply/Quote
There are so many things Taylor has done to turn this around. The draft…. he’s the bus driver on the selections. Duke with Zac’s direction and Zac with Duke’s thoroughness have been tremendous. Zac fought for Chase and McPherson. Zac also directed Duke on spending time researching whether they were leaders, captains, and tireless workers. But keeping the locker room engaged early in the season when it could go either way was unreal. He kept them fired up and focused. Taylor is no way a finished product. He’s still seasoning but things look promising for a long time.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 08:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You kind of have to take the chips as they fall, I mean if we did what many wanted on here and just concentrated on the OL who 
knows how it would of panned out. We would of had Sewell and other really good OL but we wouldn't have Chase who is OROY
and clearly to me was the better pick. Also you can take OL early and they still suck as we saw with Price and company. 

Also if we were adding all that to the OL would we have been able to build the Defense that we have built which is very good. 

Hard to say we would have been able to.

Oh well, love how the chips have fell is all I can say lol

No way in hell we're headed to the AFC championship game if they don't draft Ja'Marr Chase, AND he doesn't hit.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 08:51 PM)jason Wrote: No way in hell we're headed to the AFC championship game if they don't draft Ja'Marr Chase, AND he doesn't hit.

True that Jase.  Rock On
Reply/Quote
It really helped that ZT and staff were able to coach in the Senior Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 09:53 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: It really helped that ZT and staff were able to coach in the Senior Bowl.

It did, love the Chris Evans pick up right now and many others. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 08:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: His glaring failure may have been his biggest success. Not sure if planned or not, but the team he took over had names with severely declined talent. I will argue Boyd was the best receiver over Green as he just seemed to have lost his spark. We had an aging roster and a house that needed a severe cleaning. So, although Zac does get flack for the OL being so bad, he may have wanted to focus on the weapons first. 

If the last off-season isn't a fluke, it will go down like that. They have the space to make at least a couple FA moves, and the skill positions and big names are inked. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 08:48 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: There are so many things Taylor has done to turn this around. The draft…. he’s the bus driver on the selections. Duke with Zac’s direction and Zac with Duke’s thoroughness have been tremendous. Zac fought for Chase and McPherson. Zac also directed Duke on spending time researching whether they were leaders, captains, and tireless workers. But keeping the locker room engaged early in the season when it could go either way was unreal. He kept them fired up and focused. Taylor is no way a finished product. He’s still seasoning but things look promising for a long time.

He's had a good run, but Shayne Graham hooked us up with Shooter. He and Simmons had been talking about McPherson for a year or so.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 10:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: He's had a good run, but Shayne Graham hooked us up with Shooter. He and Simmons had been talking about McPherson for a year or so.

That is cool with Shayne, didn't know that. I wanted McPherson in every one of my Mocks though. Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 10:02 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: He's had a good run, but Shayne Graham hooked us up with Shooter. He and Simmons had been talking about McPherson for a year or so.

Zac pushed to draft him when they did is what I meant
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 10:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is cool with Shayne, didn't know that. I wanted McPherson in every one of my Mocks though. Wink

Yeah, he was the ST coach at UF.

Reply/Quote