Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Who Dey" alive at Put-in-Bay!
Took the family to Put-in-Bay for the weekend. 5 kids, all over 21. Had a great time. I wore Bengals garb the whole trip. I gotta tell you, everywhere I walked, I heard "Who-Dey!" Of course I would yell "Who-Dey" in return. Ran into 4 Pittsburgh fans - All 4 were very unintelligent and ridiculous and were all Jerry Springer type shit. Ran into a few Browns fans and had a decent conversation. I could see hope in their eyes, but the mannerism was more like "Ok, we're the Browns." I don't hate the Browns because they are from OHIO - so speaking to these fans was a pretty good conversation. Ironically, I went to Mohito Bay and even though I'm wearing a collared shirt with a big Bengal B on it, I was served beer in a Browns bottle. Ok, that sucked (should've taken a picture). All-in-all, good people up there from all sorts of places. I was just very proud of all the "Who-Deys" I received. After paying $4.50 a beer each day and having a lot of it, I needed something awesome to reflect upon.

That is all. :andy:  

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Took a day off from Walleye fishing a couple years back and spent a day there. We rented a golf cart and drove around all day drinking. Great Time ! There's a ton of old cars there.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 05:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Took a day off from Walleye fishing a couple years back and spent a day there. We rented a golf cart and drove around all day drinking. Great Time ! There's a ton of old cars there.

We saw a car parade which had a lot of collector cars. It was pretty interesting and nice to see. The guy I rented the house from was actually a guy I ran into at a bar in Covington after a Bengals game. Great house, great time, pretty pricey to party it up there. Loved the Bloody Mary's in the morning and the "Who-Deys" in the afternoon. Kinda felt perfect. Great Bengal fans up there. They will shout it out too! Very proud!

Reply/Quote
Sounds like you had a great weekend! I haven't been to Put in Bay in about 25 years. I'm sure it's a little different than when I was there last.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sounds like you had a great weekend!  I haven't been to Put in Bay in about 25 years.  I'm sure it's a little different than when I was there last.

It probably has, as in all things over time. Specially the beer prices!  Hilarious

Good Lord, I had to keep reasoning with myself (At least your not paying $8.75 like at the stadium)! Plus, there is probably a lot more foreigners there now that have very bad gold cart driving skills. I was playing putt-putt with the fam yesterday and there was a family which appeared to be from India or some shit. They were on the hole I just left that I accidentally hit it in the water. However, there was some kinda grate that when that happened, it shot your ball out of the water about 2ft from the cup. I told them about it and they got excited and started aiming for the water instead of the hole. LOL, I'm their golf pro! But, I fugged them up on the rules of golf forever. It was entertaining.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 07:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It probably has, as in all things over time. Specially the beer prices!  Hilarious

Good Lord, I had to keep reasoning with myself (At least your not paying $8.75 like at the stadium)! Plus, there is probably a lot more foreigners there now that have very bad gold cart driving skills. I was playing putt-putt with the fam yesterday and there was a family which appeared to be from India or some shit. They were on the hole I just left that I accidentally hit it in the water. However, there was some kinda grate that when that happened, it shot your ball out of the water about 2ft from the cup. I told them about it and they got excited and started aiming for the water instead of the hole. LOL, I'm their golf pro! But, I fugged them up on the rules of golf forever. It was entertaining.

Yeah, I was there with some buddies, all of us in our early 20s.  We camped and walked to the bars, already trashed from drinking all day at the campsite.  As I remember, I woke up about 30 feet from the tent, covered in what seemed like a thousand mosquito bites.  

Side note, that auto-ejecting water hazard is a great idea.  If they put those in ponds, here in the South, it would save a lot of arms from alligator attacks.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 05:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Took the family to Put-in-Bay for the weekend. 5 kids, all over 21. Had a great time. I wore Bengals garb the whole trip. I gotta tell you, everywhere I walked, I heard "Who-Dey!" Of course I would yell "Who-Dey" in return. Ran into 4 Pittsburgh fans - All 4 were very unintelligent and ridiculous and were all Jerry Springer type shit. Ran into a few Browns fans and had a decent conversation. I could see hope in their eyes, but the mannerism was more like "Ok, we're the Browns." I don't hate the Browns because they are from OHIO - so speaking to these fans was a pretty good conversation. Ironically, I went to Mohito Bay and even though I'm wearing a collared shirt with a big Bengal B on it, I was served beer in a Browns bottle. Ok, that sucked (should've taken a picture). All-in-all, good people up there from all sorts of places. I was just very proud of all the "Who-Deys" I received. After paying $4.50 a beer each day and having a lot of it, I needed something awesome to reflect upon.

I was there and yelled WhoDey to a guy on the sidewalk... I was sitting on the patio at the smokehouse...there were four of us and I was wearing a grey Bengals hat....Was that you?  I yelled to a guy in a collared B shirt...  Also, I got plastic cups to pour the beer in for me and the wife...not drinking out if that ugly ass brown bottle
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 07:40 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I was there and yelled WhoDey to a guy on the sidewalk... I was sitting on the patio at the smokehouse...there were four of us and I was wearing a grey Bengals hat....Was that you?  I yelled to a guy in a collared B shirt...  Also, I got plastic cups to pour the beer in for me and the wife...not drinking out if that ugly ass brown bottle

Sir, I believe that might have been me? I seen no other collared Bengal shirts. lol, had I known you were a Bengal board member, I would have had a drink with you. Oh, and now I know what type of beer you drink! That sucks we missed the opportunity huh?

Reply/Quote
I live in Cleveland so I go there couple times a year I actually slept at some girls house I met there banged her out on the porch in broad day light it was awesome but it started by me and her arguing about bengals stuff never enjoyed a one day fling so much
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
From an out of stater, what is this Put In Bay you speak of? Like an amusement park?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 10:50 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: From an out of stater, what is this Put In Bay you speak of?  Like an amusement park?

Island out on Lake Erie between Toledo and Sandusky.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 05:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Took the family to Put-in-Bay for the weekend. 5 kids, all over 21. Had a great time. I wore Bengals garb the whole trip. I gotta tell you, everywhere I walked, I heard "Who-Dey!" Of course I would yell "Who-Dey" in return. Ran into 4 Pittsburgh fans - All 4 were very unintelligent and ridiculous and were all Jerry Springer type shit. Ran into a few Browns fans and had a decent conversation. I could see hope in their eyes, but the mannerism was more like "Ok, we're the Browns." I don't hate the Browns because they are from OHIO - so speaking to these fans was a pretty good conversation. Ironically, I went to Mohito Bay and even though I'm wearing a collared shirt with a big Bengal B on it, I was served beer in a Browns bottle. Ok, that sucked (should've taken a picture). All-in-all, good people up there from all sorts of places. I was just very proud of all the "Who-Deys" I received. After paying $4.50 a beer each day and having a lot of it, I needed something awesome to reflect upon.

Awesome.

I havent been to PIB in years. Growing up my family used to have a boat berthed up in Catawba Island, and we'd take it to PIB annually. Lots of memories up in that area, and great walleye fishing. I keep telling my wife the next time were back home visiting we need to take a drive up that way for a day or two, she's never been and the party atmosphere during the summer is right up her alley.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 10:50 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: From an out of stater, what is this Put In Bay you speak of?  Like an amusement park?

(09-04-2017, 11:48 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Island out on Lake Erie between Toledo and Sandusky.

I wouldnt describe it as a popular vacation spot, but its known to most Ohioans and its a pretty nice place to spend a weekend or two in the summer. Camping, boating, fishing, and plenty of bars. I havent been in about 17 years though.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 07:33 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I wouldnt describe it as a popular vacation spot, but its known to most Ohioans and its a pretty nice place to spend a weekend or two in the summer. Camping, boating, fishing, and plenty of bars. I havent been in about 17 years though.

In addition to Perrys monument, some decent shops and a pretty nice putt-putt course.

Reply/Quote

Cool story....I had a similar experience at Norris Lake, TN (my fav home-away-from-home) with a lot of folks wearing Bengals gear.  All were pumped about the season, or maybe they were just pumped full of booze, but it was a lot of fun yelling Who Dey! at other boaters....one girl flashed us her boobies, which was a nice touch. 
Reply/Quote