Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Do You Blame?
The receivers could not catch the ball. Too much time left on the clock on the last TD allowing the Steelers to score. The Refs called a good game. I personally am going to blame Donald Trump. He did not make the Bengals great again. Sound ridiculous? Lets just say we got our asses whooped by the Steelers.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Paul for not religiously using condoms in 1935.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
As bad as we played and we were oddly up one after 58:47 of play.

If we had a coach with half a ***** brain we are up 1 with maybe 20 or so seconds left on the clock. Just poor game management yet again.

Oh let’s also not forget the 4th and 1 punt that really showed the confidence Marv has in his team. Hahaha.
Reply/Quote
Teryl Austin...
what coach runs cover 0 against a offense like Pittsburgh has.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:06 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Paul for not religiously using condoms in 1935.

Hilarious ....since that didn't happen, PB could have chosen one of his other children to succeed him!
Reply/Quote
Refs are gonna ref for the Steelers, we all know that.

So them aside, I blame Marvin. 4th and 1 from the Steelers 40 and you punt. Then terrible clock management on the Bengals TD drive had Marvin written all over it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(Awful Lana and I are the only ones with the right answer.)

Paul Brown made 2 major mistakes in his Bengal career.

1. Choosing Tiger Johnson over Bill Walsh to succeed him as Head Coach.

2. Choosing Mike Brown over 'anyone else' to succeed him as Owner.
Reply/Quote
I put this one on Marvin and his terrible clock management mostly. Regardless of how both sides played the game was there. We just needed to slow down a bit.

Even if they did that and tragedy happened ala a pick or fumble or they just didn't get in - i would have defended Marvin's decision.

Because we have been watching Jen do this to us for a long time now.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:08 PM)DEL Wrote: I blame the refs! For not calling a personal foul on Burfict's elbow on AB.

Yeah but it's great to still be leading the division, amirite?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
In the end.

Bad clock management by both the players and coach.

Also you might want to have a safety around for coverage.

That could fall on coaching or the players being out of position.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The defensive line. 46 pass attempts by Ben and we got 0 sacks, 0 knock downs, and 0 hurries. Pathetic.
Reply/Quote
It's on Marvin Lewis and almost nobody else.

The Bengals defense was on the field for what seemed like all game. They were tired, the tackling was getting choppy, and some of them had actual injuries. They honestly did all they could despite the lack of pass rush. There's no way you put it in their hands for the game.

They needed to eat clock and have the situational awareness to realize that stopping Ben with around 1:20 left was too much to ask. There was almost no attempt at all to be slow and methodical on that drive.

It's almost as if he totally ignores what's going on in the game and what the likely outcomes of situations are.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:15 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: (Awful Lana and I are the only ones with the right answer.)

[Image: wtf-face.jpg]

LMAO
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
But everyone insisted this week we owed Marvin some credit and things ‘are diffrent this year’.

When I said otherwise I got flamed left and right. So it can’t be Marvin’s fault. And things are diffrent this year so there must be a really good excuse why we lost to the steers again.

You know cause this teams diffrent.
Reply/Quote
The entire team aside from Andy, Boyd, Mixon and special teams. Erickson played great on kick returns and Andy did well under almost constant pressure once again. Too many dropped passes, shoddy tackling on defense, no pass rush. A lot of small mistakes on both sides of the ball that added up to yet another loss to the Steelers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Marv grew up a diehard steeler fan and rarely loses to them as bengals head coach. While that's likely a coincidence, it is worth noting. Marvin simply cannot/will not beat Pittsburgh. It's mind-boggling but it's reality. He has an atrocious habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory when playing against them. I am beyond frustrated at this point... Aside from 2009, even when we're the better team we still find ways to lose to Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
Defensive line with out a doubt.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Last week I made a thread about being concerned. Posters on here said be happy for the win. now you can understand why i'm concerned. Chiefs are probably going to beat us comfortably next Sunday night.
Reply/Quote
Fix any one of the several weak areas we saw today, and we might have won in spite of it all. We damn near had it all today - a penalty negating a long gain, a couple of significant dropped balls, a few uncalled holding penalties, poor offensive blocking, zero pressure on their QB, poor play clock management, and my favorite one: no defense of the tight ends.

So, if it's just one to blame, it has to be Marvin. Still fumbling to assemble a consistent fundamentally sound football team.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Blame me guys, forgot to put on my "lucky drawers" today.

My bad and it will not happen again.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote