Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Do You Blame?
(10-14-2018, 08:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Blame me guys, forgot to put on my "lucky drawers" today.

My bad and it will not happen again.

Okay. Wear your lucky drawers on your head tomorrow at work, and we'll call it even.    Ninja

Pics or it didn't happen
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
This woman.  It always and forever will be...  this...  woman.

[Image: cryingfan.gif?w=650]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Mostly Marv. A little on the d-line/refs not calling holding.
Reply/Quote
I don’t blame anyone. We simply don’t beat the Steelers, especially under Marvin at PBS. The result is what I expected, though I didn’t think it would be so close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The guy with the 5-419 record vs the Steelers, who is also in charge of everything from schemes to personnel.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The defense. You cannot beat the Steelers if you can't pressure Rapestburglar and stop the run. They did neither.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:04 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The receivers could not catch the ball. Too much time left on the clock on the last TD allowing the Steelers to score. The Refs called a good game. I personally am going to blame Donald Trump. He did not make the Bengals great again. Sound ridiculous? Lets just say we got our asses whooped by the Steelers.
The drops were annoying, but at the end of the day this game could have been won if they had managed the clock better at the end.  Run down the play clock.  You're in four-down territory anyway.  You trust your offense to score and do what you can to make it that much harder for the Steelers to do what they did.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:28 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The entire team aside from Andy, Boyd, Mixon and special teams.  Erickson played great on kick returns and Andy did well under almost constant pressure once again.  Too many dropped passes, shoddy tackling on defense, no pass rush. A lot of small mistakes on both sides of the ball that added up to yet another loss to the Steelers.

(10-14-2018, 08:08 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Fix any one of the several weak areas we saw today, and we might have won in spite of it all. We damn near had it all today - a penalty negating a long gain, a couple of significant dropped balls, a few uncalled holding penalties, poor offensive blocking, zero pressure on their QB, poor play clock management, and my favorite one: no defense of the tight ends.

So, if it's just one to blame, it has to be Marvin. Still fumbling to assemble a consistent fundamentally sound football team.

Yep....you guys are right on. Also, they got two of the luckiest plays I've ever seen....both involving Shit-Shuster. I really hate that guy almost as much as Pig Pen.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The blown interception ..Im so angry about that call
I honestly can't remember that DB''s name but he was tackled first before Shuster
took the ball away which made it our ball.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:04 AM)JLeClair55 Wrote: The blown interception ..Im so angry about that call
I honestly can't remember that DB''s name but he was tackled first before Shuster
took the ball away which made it our ball.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I said the exact same thing. That would be dennard btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:04 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The receivers could not catch the ball. Too much time left on the clock on the last TD allowing the Steelers to score. The Refs called a good game. I personally am going to blame Donald Trump. He did not make the Bengals great again. Sound ridiculous? Lets just say we got our asses whooped by the Steelers.

As badly as I wanted to win that game and end their season, I honestly can't be mad about the outcome.  The defense played very well.  The steelers only had 20 points before that last busted TD to Brown.  I am not saying that TD didn't count, but it was a BS call as were all the non-holdings on their offensive line (and to compound that issue, the holding calls on our defense).

They played a very physical game but just came up on the short end.  Dalton did everything he could to put his team in a position to win.  He was excellent despite the numerous drops (geez, guys, ever hear of receiver gloves?  They actually get more sticky when they are a little wet).  

This was not the bully being the bully and the Bengals having no fight....this was the steelers making one more play than the Bengals.  

We are on to KC. 
Reply/Quote
Cleanest game we’ve seen between those two teams in awhile. We are very fortunate to get that game behind us without suspensions or several key player injuries. Just write this one off and focus on the rest of the season.

Reply/Quote
The man's name in charge is Marvin. But he's not known for accountability.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:07 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: As bad as we played  and we were oddly up one after 58:47 of play.

If we had a coach with half a ***** brain we are up 1 with maybe 20 or so seconds left on the clock. Just poor game management yet again.

Oh let’s also not forget the 4th and 1 punt that really showed the confidence Marv has in his team. Hahaha.

Everything else can be excused except the inability to run clock because they had the lead . Running out of bounds on 2 catches, Andy NOT taking more time prior to a snap....Should have been 45-50 seconds to go max. when they gave that ball back and that's even if Pitt was forced to use a TO to stop clock.....Pitt was definitely going to keep 2 TO's in their pocket for their final drive...
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:10 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Teryl Austin...
what coach runs cover 0 against a offense like Pittsburgh has.

Agree 100%.I would have taken my chances with a struggling kicker kicking in the rain
Reply/Quote
The Bengals will never beat the Steelers except once every three or four years ( in Pittsburg not Cincinnati)  at best so long as Marv remains the head coach.

Beating a dead horse but I continue to have no idea why he is still the Head Coach.
Reply/Quote
I blame too many dropped passes and not enough pressure on Ben.

No real problem with the clock management. First and ten at the eleven we might need as many as 8 plays to get into end zone. Even with 2 time outs we needed to be careful with time. We did not want to get in a position where we had to throw on short yardage situations.
Reply/Quote
It's all on Marvin. His teams all look the same. Good at the 1pm slot, can't beat the Steelers, and if we ever get to the playoffs again, he won't make it out the wildcard round. This won't change until Marvin is gone.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
No one is mentioning Kirkpatrick's soul numbing defensive holding penalty in the final minute?

So, there. Kirkpatrick.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:57 AM)kdgjr Wrote: No one is mentioning Kirkpatrick's soul numbing defensive holding penalty in the final minute?

So, there. Kirkpatrick.

Dre made a lot of big plays.  That 5 yard penalty hurt because it gave the Steelers a first down, but it was not what decided the game.
Reply/Quote