Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Do You Blame?
This is silly. If you can't trust your defense to get you one stop then there are bigger issues.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Two Words : Marvin Lewis
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:07 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: As bad as we played  and we were oddly up one after 58:47 of play.

If we had a coach with half a ***** brain we are up 1 with maybe 20 or so seconds left on the clock. Just poor game management yet again.

Oh let’s also not forget the 4th and 1 punt that really showed the confidence Marv has in his team. Hahaha.

Let me see mwhat other big games were the Bengals up with only a minute or so left to play?  Hmmmmm - let me see, maybe TWO SUPERBOWLS!
Reply/Quote
Teams burn the clock all the time at the end of the half to prevent the other team from having a chance to score. I see it all the time.

Ben was happy we didnt and made us pay for it.

But yes, of course the defense should have stopped them as they had been doing all day long..lol. 481 yards of offense
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 09:16 PM)BengalD Wrote: Let me see mwhat other big games were the Bengals up with only a minute or so left to play?  Hmmmmm - let me see, maybe TWO SUPERBOWLS!

Only 1 of them, the first one we were behind the whole game
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:04 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The receivers could not catch the ball. Too much time left on the clock on the last TD allowing the Steelers to score. The Refs called a good game. I personally am going to blame Donald Trump. He did not make the Bengals great again. Sound ridiculous? Lets just say we got our asses whooped by the Steelers.

I blame the front office for blatantly ignoring our biggest needs or not valuing certain positions. 
1.) Losing Whit and Zeitler still lingers around here.
A.) They never even decided to franchise Whit is beyond stupid.
B.) The whole BS that they simply do not value OGs is beyond stupid. Like how is that a plaus able reason.
C.) Those two guys were probably the most nonsense guys on the team and now there gone.
D.) Our line blows. While its better than last year but come on a bag of dog shit is better than last year's line.

2.) Our LBers suck and what's worst is they do the same shit every year.
A.) This is the 4 straight year and 5 out of 6 where we have signed a free agent lB that hasn't done shit. Hawk in 15, Dansby in 16, Minter in 17, and in 18 Brown.  Now I am not saying they are all bad players but none of them are built for the modern passing game.

B.) Vontaz might be the worst leader in sports. Dude comes in out of shape every year, gets suspended every year, and is always acting like a total diva. When you think of all the good guys we have had around here with Atkins, Dunlap, Johnson,  Green, Dalton, and Bernard. You begin to wonder why are the Bengals contempt at making this guy the heart and soul of the team. Yeah he is good when he plays but I honestly believe he has underachieved more than any other guy on the roster. The problem with him is he should be great and he just isn't.

C.) We have drafted 3 LBers in the third Rd in the past 4 years and the only player to get significant playing time is Vigil and he is up & down. We need more production from these picks.

I bring those two position groups up because those two units up because the Steelers exploited both on Sunday.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Lol the Bengals didn’t “make” Burfict the heart and soul of the defense, he just is. And how the hell is he a “diva?” If you want to criticize him for going over the line or getting caught taking PED’s fine, but a diva? There’s nothing to support such a claim. And the out of shape narrative is one of the most annoying on this board.

The problem is this defense kind of feels like it has no identity tbh, but I blame that one Austin. We’re loaded with talent on that side of the ball and there’s no excuse for how poorly they’ playing. Austin is the only variable that changed.

Reply/Quote
I blame myself for watching and thinking we might win and for not going fishing instead .
I accept the blame for the whole damn thing.  Cry
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 02:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lol the Bengals didn’t “make” Burfict the heart and soul of the defense, he just is. And how the hell is he a “diva?” If you want to criticize him for going over the line or getting caught taking PED’s fine, but a diva? There’s nothing to support such a claim. And the out of shape narrative is one of the most annoying on this board.

The problem is this defense kind of feels like it has no identity tbh, but I blame that one Austin. We’re loaded with talent on that side of the ball and there’s no excuse for how poorly they’ playing. Austin is the only variable that changed.
1.) He is Marvins boy  and Marvin has treated him with kid gloves.
2.) Getting suspended, showing up out of shape, not willing to take over calling plays,  and  playing over the edge so much that you nearly knock out your own teammate. Call it whatever you like but it's unacceptable for a player of his ability.
3.) Dude could be in better shape than what he is. Todays LBers should be 225-240 range guy is a biscuit over 260. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
There’s no way he’s 260. And there is still plenty of need for bigger LBers in today’s game. Khalil Mack and Von Miller are like 250, and they’re two of the best in the league.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and it was a questionable call.  Furthermore, had the hold on MJ been called, you have offsetting penalties and it's still 3rd and 10.

I couldn't believe they didn't call the offensive hold. MJ was being mugged and in open space for all to see. No excuse for any ref to miss that. 
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
It's all my fault. I should've went to the game and kept my undefeated attendance streak going. But my wife couldn't get off work. We'll be at the Bucs game, so there's a win. In the famous words of Denny, "bank on it!"
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:27 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Teams burn the clock all the time at the end of the half to prevent the other team from having a chance to score.  I see it all the time.

Not when a team has to have a td to win and has no idea how many plays it will take to score.

You guys are acting like we were scoring at will and could just choose how and when we scored.  The fact is we had not scored a single point the entire second half and were in no position to waste plays or time.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 08:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not when a team has to have a td to win and has no idea how many plays it will take to score.

You guys are acting like we were scoring at will and could just choose how and when we scored.  The fact is we had not scored a single point the entire second half and were in no position to waste plays or time.

Quit using logic!   Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 02:54 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.) He is Marvins boy  and Marvin has treated him with kid gloves.
2.) Getting suspended, showing up out of shape, not willing to take over calling plays,  and  playing over the edge so much that you nearly knock out your own teammate. Call it whatever you like but it's unacceptable for a player of his ability.
3.) Dude could be in better shape than what he is. Todays LBers should be 225-240 range guy is a biscuit over 260. 

Um.....that was Austin's call because he had been out 4 weeks.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Collectively the whole team
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 08:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not when a team has to have a td to win and has no idea how many plays it will take to score.

Agree with every point you have made until the AJ catch that put us close. Was screaming for him to not run out and to keep clock running. 

Now also agree that Mixon should have scored whenever he could because we had to have it to win. Yet once we were on 3 yard line with first down and well over a minute left on clock it was time to assume we were scoring and at least run play clock down before snapping ball. 

Especially as injured as defense was and the fact the offense was not giving them many breaks in second half moving ball. 

It is what it is and we were close and what I mentioned would only have run another 25 seconds off clock or less. It happens and time to move forward because we have a brutal schedule and can not dwell on losses or we will get buried. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 07:21 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Two Words : Marvin Lewis

*Mervin Lawis
Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 02:46 AM)grampahol Wrote: I blame myself for watching and thinking we might win and for not going fishing instead .
I accept the blame for the whole damn thing.  Cry

I blame you, too.  

Whatever

Mellow

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 01:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I blame you, too.  

Whatever

Mellow

Ninja

I blame the damn Germans they attacked Pearl Harbor to
Reply/Quote