Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Do You Blame?
(10-16-2018, 01:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with every point you have made until the AJ catch that put us close. Was screaming for him to not run out and to keep clock running. 

Now also agree that Mixon should have scored whenever he could because we had to have it to win. Yet once we were on 3 yard line with first down and well over a minute left on clock it was time to assume we were scoring and at least run play clock down before snapping ball. 

Especially as injured as defense was and the fact the offense was not giving them many breaks in second half moving ball. 

It is what it is and we were close and what I mentioned would only have run another 25 seconds off clock or less. It happens and time to move forward because we have a brutal schedule and can not dwell on losses or we will get buried. 

By letting the play clock run down, the D can pretty gauge their jump. Also going quicker doesn't allow the D to make adjustments to your formation, which Pittsburgh always does late. We caught them off guard.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 02:44 PM)sandwedge Wrote: By letting the play clock run down, the D can pretty gauge their jump. Also going quicker doesn't allow the D to make adjustments to your formation, which Pittsburgh always does late. We caught them off guard.

I think this point gets lost on a lot of people.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:16 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I put this one on Marvin and his terrible clock management mostly. Regardless of how both sides played the game was there. We just needed to slow down a bit.

Even if they did that and tragedy happened ala a pick or fumble or they just didn't get in - i would have defended Marvin's decision.

Because we have been watching Jen do this to us for a long time now.

This is an  8 and 8 team because of very poor coaching and a very conservative dumb ass head coach,who does not even know how to talk reasonable to the news media,he treats them like they are below him and all he does is give super dumbass answers.He needs to go ,like 10 years ago.He will NEVER win anything,Think about this and answer trufully to yourself. Does this current team have ANY CHANCE against teams like Pissburg,New England,the chiefs, the ravens come playoff time??? The answer is HELL NO AND I MEAN HELL NO. To have home field advantage which all teams that move on have you have to be a 12 and 4 team.All you die hard fans are so used to hanging on and wishing,you are just going to be let down for the 50 time.Nothing will change,and after the season the good players will want out of here.its the nati way,its called losing all the damn time. Whatever Sad Sad Sad Cool Cool Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 02:44 PM)sandwedge Wrote: By letting the play clock run down, the D can pretty gauge their jump. Also going quicker doesn't allow the D to make adjustments to your formation, which Pittsburgh always does late. We caught them off guard.

Great point. End of the day, Dalton and the Offense did what it had to at the end of the game but the Defense did not. It truly is that plain and simple. Does not matter what did or did not happen prior to that. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:43 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This woman.  It always and forever will be...  this...  woman.

[Image: cryingfan.gif?w=650]

After also sitting out in a cold rain for three hours that night to watch that shitshow ending, God love her, I can empathize.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I don’t know why I do it, but just read some of “Hobson’s Choice”, pro tip if you tell him he’s the greatest writer in the history of sports he’ll answer your question. Just about every question was “What is wrong with X?” X being WR, Oline, Dline, defense and Hobs response to every question is “nothing’s wrong”. He even tried to use Austin’s excuse of “we couldn’t get a pass rush because they were in 2 TE sets most of the game” as an example that the Dline is fine.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 12:31 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I don’t know why I do it, but just read some of “Hobson’s Choice”, pro tip if you tell him he’s the greatest writer in the history of sports he’ll answer your question. Just about every question was “What is wrong with X?” X being WR, Oline, Dline, defense and Hobs response to every question is “nothing’s wrong”. He even tried to use Austin’s excuse of “we couldn’t get a pass rush because they were in 2 TE sets most of the game” as an example that the Dline is fine.

I miss that double A gap blitz. The old scheme had some interesting ways of bringing the heat.

Seems like the O-lines have us man for man in most situations. Best defenses find ways to either confuse or outman the O-line and I feel like we haven't been too creative as of late.
Reply/Quote